Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this an OK spot to comment on radio/internet music favorites?
I'm kind of particular about my radio stations; I want the radio buttons (or equivalent) to span like always, ascending numerical order from left to right. Tesla seems to have gone out of its way (why?) to reorder my FM radio stations so that they were no longer in this order. Most recent update didn't correct. So, I tested and confirmed a way to do this (for those who would like)
1) press and hold any favorite icon. They will all grey out and get a little x (i.e. delete) on them. Go ahead and delete each and every FM radio favorite.
2) usually, when you add you favorites to a radio, it adds from left to right. FW 8.0 adds from right to left. So, in order to present my favorites ascending numerical order left to right, you need to enter them in descending order.
3) manually go to the top of your radio dial. Arrow (on the screen) down to your highest-number (e.g. 107.1) favorite, and click the picture of the heart on the top left of the media player screen. It will get added to your favorites.
4) arrow down/to the left to your next highest favorite (e.g. 106.7). Once tuned, click on the heart, again. It will save again.
5) repeat 3-4 constantly progressing down the dial until you get all the way to the low end (e.g. 86.1)
6) you are done! Now, as you can thru your channels, screen or steering wheel buttons, it presents the favorites in ascending numerical order left to right. I have not yet found a way to add a station to the middle of the list, so may be best done with a pen and paper or multiple iterations to get it correct.

Sorry if this is out of place, or redundant.

I'm kind of particular about my radio stations; I want the radio buttons (or equivalent) to span like always, ascending numerical order from left to right. Tesla seems to have gone out of its way (why?) to reorder my FM radio stations so that they were no longer in this order. Most recent update didn't correct. So, I tested and confirmed a way to do this (for those who would like)
1) press and hold any favorite icon. They will all grey out and get a little x (i.e. delete) on them. Go ahead and delete each and every FM radio favorite.
2) usually, when you add you favorites to a radio, it adds from left to right. FW 8.0 adds from right to left. So, in order to present my favorites ascending numerical order left to right, you need to enter them in descending order.
3) manually go to the top of your radio dial. Arrow (on the screen) down to your highest-number (e.g. 107.1) favorite, and click the picture of the heart on the top left of the media player screen. It will get added to your favorites.
4) arrow down/to the left to your next highest favorite (e.g. 106.7). Once tuned, click on the heart, again. It will save again.
5) repeat 3-4 constantly progressing down the dial until you get all the way to the low end (e.g. 86.1)
6) you are done! Now, as you can thru your channels, screen or steering wheel buttons, it presents the favorites in ascending numerical order left to right. I have not yet found a way to add a station to the middle of the list, so may be best done with a pen and paper or multiple iterations to get it correct.

Interesting and thanks for the step by step. I rarely use AM or FM bands just streaming sources; TuneIn radio and Slacker. TuneIn has all my local AM/FM channels anyway and they are much clearer. Have you tried the delete re-add process on those too?

Well, I finally got 2.42.40 and, of course, my TPMS instantly went off again. What is it with these and my tires? And it's on a different tire this time but it has the same pressure as all the others. Ugh. And they didn't fix the podcasts from starting over even after being paused. I hope the USB people are happier at least. Is there anything good that's new that I need to know about?

Interesting and thanks for the step by step. I rarely use AM or FM bands just streaming sources; TuneIn radio and Slacker. TuneIn has all my local AM/FM channels anyway and they are much clearer. Have you tried the delete re-add process on those too?
I have not, but I suspect it will work in the same order.

I personal don't use Slacker or TuneIn very much and can't tolerate satellite audio; the sound of compressed audio makes me dizzy, unless the bit rate is at least 164 and pref > 200.

Well, I finally got 2.42.40 and, of course, my TPMS instantly went off again. What is it with these and my tires? And it's on a different tire this time but it has the same pressure as all the others. Ugh. And they didn't fix the podcasts from starting over even after being paused. I hope the USB people are happier at least. Is there anything good that's new that I need to know about?
It's pretty much all about USB. What did they do last time this happened with your TPMS?

I have not, but I suspect it will work in the same order.

I personal don't use Slacker or TuneIn very much and can't tolerate satellite audio; the sound of compressed audio makes me dizzy, unless the bit rate is at least 164 and pref > 200.
On TuneIn if you sign in with your personal free account you can set it up to 320. Slacker used to have a 320 setting in the Tesla app settings but that went away in 8.0 still the sound quality in my area at least is far superior to AM/FM and no static.

• Informative
Reactions: CSFTN
It's pretty much all about USB. What did they do last time this happened with your TPMS?
Not a thing. I just overfilled the tires a few times and it went away. Until today...

Have the treble and mids stopped resetting to zero? Not that I notice...wish I had that ear above

And btw, and fwiw, the Leaf audio in my dd car is now much safer and easier to use than my Tesla. Take that, engineers...

OCD much?

LOL - I know exactly what you mean but I must be mellowing in my old age because I haven't done anything to try and "fix" v8.0's reordering of radio station presets. I've thought about it but been able to redirect long enough to not obsess about it.

Thanks for bringing it back to my attention though. :)

Mike

Resistance is futile. Under peer pressure I gave up, pushed the blue button, and updated to 2.42.40 today. The world didn't end, yet. :)
It would be rather amusing to be on the daily scrum calls with the software developers at Tesla. Just a fly on the wall. Ok maybe with an unmute button ;)

I haven't done anything to try and "fix" v8.0's reordering of radio station presets

me too, but I don't have many Radio FAVs (useful to know the Delete / Re-create workaround though).

My gripe is why they gave so much space on the Square Box of each favourite to putting "FM" in them, and then in tiny writing underneath the name of the station. I'd prefer that the Station Name was prominent, I don't much care, or need to be able to easily see, that it is FM or something else.

TuneIn is much clearer for me too, but unfortunately 5%, maybe somewhat less, of my driving has no internet access, so TuneIn / Spotify drop out and in the end I decide that FM is the easier choice - some static interference (which I don't get in my other ICE vehicles) and lesser quality, but 100% up time!

Now ... if TuneIn & Spotify would buffer for at least 10 minutes then I'd be golden ...