Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last year, we have gotten,

- Autopilot - awesome!
- Summon - Meh! I mean it's got a cool factor
- Self parking - almost never works.
===
Hoping for,
- Better media
- Better phone integration
- Better nav.

.. but yes my expectations are pretty damn low too. We have a big 17" screen going waste here Elon, c'mon!

Reactions: Soundchasr
Version 8
Press: LOOK SHINY USELESS COOL THING! + at least 2 easter eggs
Reality: They they didn't fix any of the bugs, they didn't improve nav to be usable (yeah, it's on the list, I'll believe it when I see it), they didn't improve trip planning, etc.

Does it actually work for you? Mine almost never finds parking spots. I mean, I could be standing right next to one in broad daylight, even yelling at the top of my lungs, hey Tesla, look to your right, there's a spot, it just never detects it!
Something must be wrong. I assume you are doing back-in parking? If so, make sure you drive by about 3 or so feet behind the row of cars in which you will park. Keep going forward a bit beyond the spot and you should see the "P." Perhaps there was a problem with the calibration???

Something must be wrong. I assume you are doing back-in parking? If so, make sure you drive by about 3 or so feet behind the row of cars in which you will park. Keep going forward a bit beyond the spot and you should see the "P." Perhaps there was a problem with the calibration???

I've tried all sorts of tricks, read the manual many times, even talked to the service center. They say "Yeah it's flaky". So I'm going to just give you a stare in disbelief for now ..

***STARE*** >:-{

Bulletproof*!

*Assuming the space is at least 20 feet long
*Assuming the curb is high enough for the sensors to see
*Assuming there are 2 cars parked
*Assuming the stars align and you can see pluto
I set up a test parallel parking situation with the cars exactly 20' apart. Have you ever measured 20'? It's tight. So tight it took me several back and forth movements to get out of the spot once autopark put me in.

The remaining points, yes these are requirements for this system to work. Would you prefer magic instead?