Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok here is a question for all who have upgraded to 8.0

Does the upgrade maintain your favorites, driver profiles, networks, and other setting choices from your last 7.1?

If not, what should we check?

All of that was maintained during the update on my car.

How long does the actual update take on a MS with AP? Trying to head out on a road trip but I want it installed first.

Mine took 1:05 to install.

• Informative
Reactions: ArtInCT
There is a place to sign in with your own Slacker acct. now. In the past Tesla had the Slacker acct.
There has been a place to sign in to Slacker for some time, so you could use your own acct if you elected. Otherwise, a quick email to Tesla Customer Service gets the owner the Tesla userid and password in case you want to long onto it on the WWW as well. I did that so I could sit at my desk and more conveniently set favorites up, then go into my MS and it was all there. Voila!

Ok here is a question for all who have upgraded to 8.0

Does the upgrade maintain your favorites, driver profiles, networks, and other setting choices from your last 7.1?

If not, what should we check?

As others noted, favorites and driver profiles seem the same. I think it changed my right dashboard view but I changed it back. Contrary to what I read before, sunroof control is STILL an option for right scroller.

Upgrade DID reset my temperature on both sides, so check climate prefs.

And the upgrade did make me look at the Radio tab for the first time, and my god how long have there been multiple HD FM stations?! So out of the loop on radio. Also, can't figure out how to silence the radio (beyond turning the volume to zero)...

No chance yet to try out AP on the highway...

• Informative
Reactions: ArtInCT and Alex D
And the upgrade did make me look at the Radio tab for the first time, and my god how long have there been multiple HD FM stations?! So out of the loop on radio. Also, can't figure out how to silence the radio (beyond turning the volume to zero)...

No chance yet to try out AP on the highway...
Multiple HD channels for stations that deliver them have been available for a number of years, even on MS Media Player. ;) Unless a miracle occurred with 8.0, there is no Media Player OFF. Mute and lower volume are your easiest options without playing Bluetooth or USB games.

So has anyone here with 8.0 done the key experiment?

Does AP cut you off if ...

1) you get three visual flashing IP surround warnings (the first and most minimal nag to hold the wheel), or

2) only if you get three audible warnings?
I would like to know this too. There are several threads on this topic (including one that I started) all asking this same question, with no answer as of yet. What are the specific triggers of this?