Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its been literally years that these issues have existed - so lack of time is no excuse. I think a single talented individual could have resolved almost all the issues in these areas over time, but all we have seen are backward steps - I find it hard to think of any significant improvement in Nav or MP in the last year - they added shuffle a while ago, but now that is broken as well.

I do agree that there seem to be no testing resources allocated, as the variety of stupid bugs is breathtaking. Again one person, in a company vehicle, tasked with driving around and checking each feature would have found most issues easily.

They even had the young man from evtripplanner working as an intern for a while, yet that aspect never really improved either

Its been literally years that these issues have existed - so lack of time is no excuse. I think a single talented individual could have resolved almost all the issues in these areas over time, but all we have seen are backward steps - I find it hard to think of any significant improvement in Nav or MP in the last year - they added shuffle a while ago, but now that is broken as well.

I do agree that there seem to be no testing resources allocated, as the variety of stupid bugs is breathtaking. Again one person, in a company vehicle, tasked with driving around and checking each feature would have found most issues easily.

They even had the young man from evtripplanner working as an intern for a while, yet that aspect never really improved either
Elon probably doesn't listen to music or use NAV or they would have been fixed. They should be embarrassed.

The sad thing is, if someone like Bjorn would tweet about the backwards USB playback or lack of features for NAV, we might actually get results worth something.
Right. BTW, the biggest problem with NAV is many of us can't trust it to be right about either turn by turn or traffic reroutes. The second biggest problem with it is it's missing very basic but needed features. Waypoints (ability to set multiple stops on a trip) and choice of different routes (fastest, shortest, recommended).

Right. BTW, the biggest problem with NAV is many of us can't trust it to be right about either turn by turn or traffic reroutes. The second biggest problem with it is it's missing very basic but needed features. Waypoints (ability to set multiple stops on a trip) and choice of different routes (fastest, shortest, recommended).
Dont forget that the cluster NAV still shows destinations on the opposite side of the street sometimes.

Did AP become unusable for anyone else this morning? Drive time around 8-8:30, Bay Area, I-280 south. I think the lighting conditions might have overwhelmed it. I got lots of lane jumping, not being able to see lane markings, etc. Worst AP experience since ownership.

Another little protip. I've been interchanging my "New" USB stick which I keep for rotating new stuff in and out to make it easy to get to. This is seperate from my SSD with the main collection on it. So for the last 2-3 times I've taken it out and tried to just play off the SSD, nothing would happen. I would select a track from the list when it was done scanning and no sound would play, nor would the timestamp move at all. Reboots, unplugs, exit/enter, all did nothing to get it to play.

The fix, every single time, was simply playing something from streaming, then going back to USB and choosing a song. Music starts playing normally.

Also, as a small side note, I've installed OSMC on a Raspberry Pi with a a Nexus 7 front end (same Nexus I taped to the touchscreen as a joke a few weeks ago). I'll be testing this out for the next few weeks, but the general consensus is that it's really nice to have a Media Player in the car that isn't junk. Yeah, that's right, junk. Interface-wise, I'm using a couple different apps based on XMBC/Kodi. They seem to all be geared more towards 1080p TV's but I'm trying out a few car-slanted themes to see if I can make it safe and usable. Feature-wise, the queuing/add-to-playlist alone is a huge help. You can just build up a new playlist in a couple clicks. The Pi plays audio A2DP over bluetooth. Haven't tested steering wheel buttons yet, but wouldn't that be nice?

They also make a Kodi app for Android, but I'm finding it very very sluggish on the Nexus 7, and the buttons are way too tiny, not for touchscreens. Very dangerous.

Also, as a small side note, I've installed OSMC on a Raspberry Pi with a a Nexus 7 front end (same Nexus I taped to the touchscreen as a joke a few weeks ago). I'll be testing this out for the next few weeks, but the general consensus is that it's really nice to have a Media Player in the car that isn't junk. Yeah, that's right, junk. Interface-wise, I'm using a couple different apps based on XMBC/Kodi. They seem to all be geared more towards 1080p TV's but I'm trying out a few car-slanted themes to see if I can make it safe and usable. Feature-wise, the queuing/add-to-playlist alone is a huge help. You can just build up a new playlist in a couple clicks. The Pi plays audio A2DP over bluetooth. Haven't tested steering wheel buttons yet, but wouldn't that be nice?

This sounds like it's worthy of a thread on its own! Very cool.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Tesla is dribbling out the 8.0 release.
Right now there is no dribble at all.
At this time, a visit to a GeoFence area will NOT get you the update.
Service centers are very busy delivering cars. IT IS END OF QUARTER FOLKS.
Keep your car connected to WiFi or LTE if you can.
If you get an update to 8.0 please PLEASE update your data into the Tesla Firmware Tracker.
We do NOT need to hear that you did not get the update.... 100,000 of us have not.

Do you/anyone know who manages the Firmware Tracker? My forum handle is not listed; I would like to submit data...

Just got 2.44.130 and the homelink icon disappeared off the top button panel. Coincidence? Or is this a 2.44.130 thing? How do we access homelink now?

A little more info -- the auto-open we have set up still works, but no window opens up for it and there is no way to skip like before. And there is no way to manually ask it to open or close the garage door. Going to try a reboot and see if that changes anything.

UPDATE: Rebooted and the icon came back.

No big deal, but is this something the average Joe would be able to deal with when Tesla goes more mainstream?

Last edited: