Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three behind? I'm EIGHT behind. Whine.

Beta testers don't appear on the firmware tracker.
They could appear on Tracker in at least to ways.
1. They entered it in there themselves. Not likely but it's happened at least once since I've been around here.
2. They are using TeslaFi that syncs the firmware version if you allow it to share your token with Tracker to automate the process of updating Tracker.

The software that was dropped on the S at the Service Center was 2.48.82 which I installed upon arriving at home.
The release notes are rather extensive and are primarily about the Media Player and Navigation.
(did not take pictures of them yet).
I have not driven the S since the software update but will take a ride tomorrow.
I also entered my data into the Firmware Tracker app.

The software that was dropped on the S at the Service Center was 2.48.82 which I installed upon arriving at home.
The release notes are rather extensive and are primarily about the Media Player and Navigation.
(did not take pictures of them yet).
I have not driven the S since the software update but will take a ride tomorrow.
I also entered my data into the Firmware Tracker app.
Thanks and excellent! Looking forward to the Release Notes pictures.

Congrats on your new Model S! I am surprised the Service Center couldn't update your software before your pick-up.

The Service Center used to use a laptop to download the latest software updates on your car. Now when you have your car at the Service Center for service, they request a software download and in most cases, you may not see the a new software download is available until you get home. I had my Model S at the service center a month ago and got the new download available message after I arrived home.

The Service Center used to use a laptop to download the latest software updates on your car. Now when you have your car at the Service Center for service, they request a software download and in most cases, you may not see the a new software download is available until you get home. I had my Model S at the service center a month ago and got the new download available message after I arrived home.

I had a minor issue last week with my side mirrors not folding when opening/closing drivers door. They downloaded and installed an updat at the service center. I just assumed the service center would check for the latest software and install prior to a new vehicle customer pick-up.

I had a minor issue last week with my side mirrors not folding when opening/closing drivers door. They downloaded and installed an updat at the service center. I just assumed the service center would check for the latest software and install prior to a new vehicle customer pick-up.
One would think but then you are not the first to report this.

I suspect that just being at the service center having service causes some prioritization, at least it has for me. And if they required an update to the fw because of the work they are doing that is a guarantee too. Have had that happen before also.

I was having Homelink issues and a good SC guy told me that they do change the power profiles with firmware releases, and i should put fresh batteries in my remote and redo the homelink connection. it worked perfectly...I now get 100% on it.

That explains a lot! It's gotten to a point where I now have to stop and check every time upon exiting my garage. It works 100% of the time when pulling up, but about half the time on exit. (and the chime setting still doesn't persist)

I want...
1) USB on 8.0 I want to be able to favorite folders, artists or albums, not just individual songs.
2) Navigate swipe, gives me either Home or Work depending on where I am. I want to see both
3) I want to be able to default what the my left and right display goes to if I don't have a route planned, currently it goes to the clock which I don't care about

:)

I want...
2) Navigate swipe, gives me either Home or Work depending on where I am. I want to see both
3) I want to be able to default what the my left and right display goes to if I don't have a route planned, currently it goes to the clock which I don't care about...

2) You can see both by tap instead of swipe.
3) Isn't that already doable? Just select what you want on the left by long press left scroll wheel. It will be overridden by Nav when Nav is on, and will go back to what you selected when Nav is off. You can select the right to be whatever you want by long press right scroll wheel. Did you mean you want the right display to change when Nav is on? That is currently not possible.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andyw2100
3) Isn't that already doable? Just select what you want on the left by long press left scroll wheel. It will be overridden by Nav when Nav is on, and will go back to what you selected when Nav is off. You can select the right to be whatever you want by long press right scroll wheel. Did you mean you want the right display to change when Nav is on? That is currently not possible.

Only got my car Tuesday so knowing #3 is very useful. - yep right would be useful but I will just flip around what I am doing.
Re: 2 yep I know I can click but I love that swipe, half-swipe give me which is closest (home or work), full swipe give me the other :)

Thanks for the quick response.

I'll go back and check, but I'm pretty sure you can manually select nav on the right side, and I know you can manually override Nav on the left. I don't think it'll change the car's default behavior when you start a trip the next time, but a few seconds with the two scroll wheels can set it back to how you wanted.

I stand corrected. Nav appears to be only on the left, and Phone call information only on the right. It looks like everything else can be on either side. I don't understand why those two are different...

My guess: the Nav tiles are designed to fit on the left, so they would look odd if they were swapped to the right. Phone shouldn't be allowed on the same side as Nav because they both come on automatically if a route is started / a phone call comes in.

Tesla is ‘getting close’ to releasing v8.1 software update, team working seven days a week says Elon Musk [Updated]

Last month, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said that the automaker’s anticipated v8.1 software update, which is expected to fix several user interface problem and add Autopilot functionalities, will be ready to be pushed to the fleet within “about three weeks”. Three weeks has passed and Musk reassured Tesla owners last night that they are “getting close” and that Tesla’s software team is working seven days a week to get the update out. v8.1 of Tesla operating system is expected to include several important updates, including a long anticipated update to Tesla’s in-car browser – enabled through an upgrade of the core Linux OS to 4.4, which in turn is expected around the same time as v8.1.

More importantly for owners with the new generation of Autopilot hardware, v8.1 is expected to bring back all the Autopilot functionalities that are available in the first generation of Autopilot, but not yet adapted to the new hardware. Tesla started pushing some of those features pre-v8.1 last week, like auto-dimming headlights and touchscreen, but the features most associated with the Autopilot, like Traffic-aware cruise control and Autosteer, are expected to be released with v8.1.