Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, did a test today. AP speed was limited to +5 km/h over limit. My speed limit warning was set to relative +5. Set it to +8 and now AP speed was limited to +8 km/h over limit. Set it to +15 and now AP speed was limited to +10 km/h over limit which seems to be the max as in 7.1 software. So, AP speed limit is now tied to speed limit warning setting until it hits max of +10 km/h or +5 mph over the posted limit.
We Canucks can drive on AP 1.2 mph faster than our brothers south of the border ( unless you guys switch your display to metric )

Us switching to Metric would limit is to 62.5% of the speed limit, no? As 45MPH would be interpreted as 45KPH, with is 28MPH.

However, if YOU switch to MPH then your 45KPH limit might be read as 45MPH, which would really be 72KPH. :p
If I understand your comment, I don't think it works that way. When I cross the border to the US, even though I keep my car set to km/hr, the car's speed assist system is smart enough to see a speed limit sign marked in MPH and display it correctly in the converted amount on the screen as KPH.

Nice, it looks like the High-Five update for AP1.0 cars is a major rollout now.

I don't want to quibble too much, but I'm not sure why you say "now." The data on the update tracker, screen capture below, shows the main push was two days ago. In other words, I think it was a major rollout almost from the beginning.

Update Tracker.jpg

I don't want to quibble too much, but I'm not sure why you say "now." The data on the update tracker, screen capture below, shows the main push was two days ago. In other words, I think it was a major rollout almost from the beginning.

View attachment 210502

Yesterday and the day before I checked ev-FW about 2000 times while setting up two phones as mobile hotspots trying to get the update. As of yesterday morning it was at about 200 updates reported.

Based off the information now I agree but it looked more like the 2.50.180 medium sized rollout when I was anxiously waiting for my car to get the update.

It's actually now tied to the offset setting. If you want a maximum of 10 over speed limit, set the offset to +10.

This is not true.

There are now a number of reports that indicate that it is the offset or 5 MPH / 10 KPH over--WHICHEVER OF THOSE IS LOWER.

So, if you are on a 45 MPH undivided highway, with your offset set to 4 MPH, the max speed auto steer will allow will be 49 MPH. If you set your offset to 20 MPH, the max speed will be 50 MPH.

Just a quick report on 2.52.22: driving around the Las Vegas area, one huge difference I am noticing is that the handling of Bott's Dots lane markers like on the Vegas-area freeways is markedly improved compared to the 2.40 firmware series.

I've historically never had any luck using AP on Vegas freeways. It simply does not recognize the groups of dots as valid lane markers. This was true as far back as 7.1 when I first got the car. My last trip was with 2.42.40 and the performance was similarly bad. But this time, with 2.52.22, it recognized them confidently!

Note that Autosteer is still far from supervision-free, not that we expected anything different. I had to intervene once when it thought a deep road groove was a better lane line than the dots.

New to Tesla, just took delivery of my new Model S with AP2.

Just trying to understand how these soft ware updates roll out. Dec 30th my car notified me to download 2.50.180 but I haven't received any notices about 2.52. Are these rolling out? Amy I in line? How does this all work.

Excited to get AP and summons working on my new car.

Thanks

New to Tesla, just took delivery of my new Model S with AP2.

Just trying to understand how these soft ware updates roll out. Dec 30th my car notified me to download 2.50.180 but I haven't received any notices about 2.52. Are these rolling out? Amy I in line? How does this all work.

Excited to get AP and summons working on my new car.

Thanks
Welcome to the Tesla family! Long story short: Everyone will eventually get the latest updates, with no intervention on your part. However, the rollout is randomly controlled by Tesla and progressively rolled out to the fleet so that they can monitor for bugs and intercept bug fixes before affecting everyone.

Generally speaking if you won the lottery, you can get your update about a week or two sooner if it's connected to wifi to download the update.

Right now, there's a very small population (about 1000 cars) that were selected for the initial beta of AP2's low speed Autosteer abilities. If you haven't gotten these updates, you are likely not part of this population. The full rollout is expected to come out soon, in the coming weeks. Sit tight and enjoy the ride!

• Helpful
Reactions: Bilen and Andyw2100
If I understand your comment, I don't think it works that way. When I cross the border to the US, even though I keep my car set to km/hr, the car's speed assist system is smart enough to see a speed limit sign marked in MPH and display it correctly in the converted amount on the screen as KPH.

Correct yeah the software reads the mph signs and converts to kmh which is really nice because you can keep your nav readings in meters instead of feet which personally I find confusing because I can't visualise distance well in hundreds or thousands of feet.

So if you stay metric and drive in the states can you set AP at ten over? Probably

new bug!
since updating to 52.22 when starting the car I'm getting a wait for car to power up message and the last time it was a full 2 minutes to power up. NO GOOD!
the entire sound in the car died, no music, no phone even the turn signal indicator was silent. A reboot brought it back, I hope this isn't going to be a regular issue with this update.

I updated a few days ago and no issues until today. I also received the power up message and still nothing after 5 minutes. No access to the 17 in screen to reboot the car. Is there a work-around?

There are now a number of reports that indicate that it is the offset or 5 MPH / 10 KPH over--WHICHEVER OF THOSE IS LOWER.
Not that it's really needed, but I can confirm this from careful experiment today. Although I understand why they chose to overload that particular setting the way they did, it's a little annoying for me, because I prefer to have the cruise control setpoint engage at the speed limit, not at some offset above, but I do want to be able to increase it above at my option once I've engaged it.

Reactions: Nevek and Andyw2100