Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You reboot the 17 in screen by pressing and holding both wheels on the steering wheel.

Thank you. Holding both scroll wheels did the trick and all is working well again. I am glad it didn't ruin a beautiful 78 degree day which was perfect to wash the car and clean the interior. There is nothing like leaving for work on a Monday morning in a spotless car.

Reactions: mrElbe
So if you stay metric and drive in the states can you set AP at ten over? Probably
with 2.52.22 it seems yes, +10kph while set to metric. (but +5mph if units set to miles)

Just did a quick test... with units set to km, as I mentioned earlier AP on undivided road is limited to the LESSER of (speed limit +10kph) OR your offsetFromSpeedLimit setting. If I have my offset set to +10kph and then change my units to miles, the offset automatically changes to +6mph. ie the car is smart enough to convert units, not simply keep the setting at "10" of whichever units.

Then if I keep the offset at +6mph, or manually change my offset to +10(mph) while driving here in Canada, AP on undivided road still limits you to the lesser of speed limit +5mph or your offset. So I expect the max limit rules would all stay the same if driving in the US - it's simply the units setting (mi or km) that determines the max limit for AP, not the country of car or its location.

Combine that with the way Speed Assist automatically converts MPH signs into KPH when you're driving a car set to metric in the US means, yes, if you set your units to km I expect you'd be able to get that bonus 1.2mph over the speed limit out of AP...

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
Not that it's really needed, but I can confirm this from careful experiment today. Although I understand why they chose to overload that particular setting the way they did, it's a little annoying for me, because I prefer to have the cruise control setpoint engage at the speed limit, not at some offset above, but I do want to be able to increase it above at my option once I've engaged it.
With offset at +0 you can engage then lift up the stalk to adjust up to +5. Does that work?

Big jump in data usage on both my new S and X over the last hour... currently on .180, would be great to even get the TACC going, guess we shall see once they are both done.

before.PNG

One hour diff between the two.

after.PNG

With offset at +0 you can engage then lift up the stalk to adjust up to +5. Does that work?
No, that's the old behavior, that I liked. Now that they've tied the offset to the AP speed limiter in 2.52.22, if I have offset at +0, I can't adjust the speed up (on speed-limited roads, i.e. anything other than limited-access divided highways). So I have to choose between either having the setpoint default to +5, or not being able to adjust to +5.

New to TMC. Took delivery of S90D on 30th Dec 2016 in London, UK. Went from 2.50.180 to 2.52.120 this morning

It's Monday morning and I just got 2.52.22.

There's an Elon Musk Tweet about this:

Musk AP2.jpg

It's really not necessary, or desirable for there to be a bunch of "me too" posts in this thread. This is the reason @HankLloydRight started the Firmware Upgrade Tracker. Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

By all means, please enter your information there, as there seems to be less awareness of this site among the newer AP2 owners. You'll be helping to build the knowledge-base, and also helping yourselves, as you will have a record of all your car's updates in one place.

Thanks!

Speaking of @HankLloydRight, I've been thinking it would be nice to have a "how long did this take to install?" field that can be populated by those of us who care to time it. I've been using the notes for that but it doesn't get much (any) exposure that way. This is one of the most-asked questions after each new rollout.

There's a thread that would be the place to make that request here:

Firmware Upgrade Tracker

My gut feeling is that while a good idea, I'm not sure how it could be done without having Hank have to manually enter that information, after gathering it from a number of people. Another potential issue is that I believe the update times can vary greatly, and are somewhat dependent on what version is being upgraded from. So, for example, many people might be getting the update done in 25 minutes, but if someone didn't have the most recent version before that, their update might take an hour.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: jgs and mrElbe
Speaking of @HankLloydRight, I've been thinking it would be nice to have a "how long did this take to install?" field that can be populated by those of us who care to time it. I've been using the notes for that but it doesn't get much (any) exposure that way. This is one of the most-asked questions after each new rollout.

I've been putting that information in the Notes field for a long time now (my previous VIN probably had 2 dozen entries with the install time noted in the Notes):

Screenshot 2017-01-16 08.32.40.png

The problem is I don't know if anyone else can see it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andyw2100
So it took 15-20mins and yep it says just a bug release.
Elon's twitter post says rolling out s/w to all HW2 cars in non-actuated state with actuation by end of the week so the question is...
...is this that s/w update or is there another. I think this is the one.

Oh and remember it's an Elon 'end of the week' so if its activated by Feb 1st then I will be happy :)

y3m_IV7o0oPCzYUaO6o-5m8FbfV9D286wSfQUNxOoBzQT3CvDSBXuTjNzNli2NFdZCcuWIyUDzkrWVfyLTyHuQTeCY--8S93QKyOVmryUzlNLjYh7NstDS1ebEZ26UB92TKCTnMYb5HX5MHSJ1XdvbHn0dMhIiRQqGnLZ9o1db8H9Y

Last edited:
My gut feeling is that while a good idea, I'm not sure how it could be done without having Hank have to manually enter that information, after gathering it from a number of people. Another potential issue is that I believe the update times can vary greatly, and are somewhat dependent on what version is being upgraded from. So, for example, many people might be getting the update done in 25 minutes, but if someone didn't have the most recent version before that, their update might take an hour.

Exactly. It's not like it's at all consistent information.. the same update could take 15 minutes on one car, 1.5 hours on another. For instance, I'm still on v7.1.. I don't know how many iterative versions or partial updates it might need to make to get me up to "current". Also, how many people actually time the installs? Do you sit there and wait/watch? I just set it and forget it. I come back to the car an hour later and it's updated as I suspect the majority of people do.

So as suggested before, if people want to keep track of that info, please do so in the "notes" area, and yes, other people can see that in the full data table at the bottom of the page.

Exactly. It's not like it's at all consistent information.. the same update could take 15 minutes on one car, 1.5 hours on another. For instance, I'm still on v7.1.. I don't know how many iterative versions or partial updates it might need to make to get me up to "current". Also, how many people actually time the installs? Do you sit there and wait/watch? I just set it and forget it. I come back to the car an hour later and it's updated as I suspect the majority of people do.

So as suggested before, if people want to keep track of that info, please do so in the "notes" area, and yes, other people can see that in the full data table at the bottom of the page.
There used to be a build information web page that told you what the build actually did since the release notes are so pathetic. I cant seem to find it anymore. Does it still exist? IF so does anyone have a address / link for it please?