Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What GPU bug are you talking about?

Elon was talking about problems with certain cars camera pitch angle, which is of course manufacturing problem in Tesla.

This "GPU driver fix". Loading a new variant of the driver to our cars would have necessitated a new firmware download even if there were camera pitch checks needed to be coded in.

Reactions: Matias
These are the kinds of posts that @HankLloydRight, with the support of many of us, hoped to eliminate by creating Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App. A couple of posts about a new version, and what it does, are appropriate for this thread. "I don't have it yet", and "me too" posts really aren't necessary, in large part due to the tracker.

Just to add on to this, it was @dirkhh who had the original vision for the tracker, I just improved on his idea.

@dirkhh isn't on the forums much anymore, so I'm glad to see @Andyw2100 take over his cheerleading of the Firmware Tracker. Thanks, Andy!

For your info (those with HW2):
upload_2017-1-22_22-47-41.png

• Informative
Reactions: wesley888
Looks like I am one of the early recipients of 17.2.12. Unlike 17.3.2, which appears to be in rapid rollout to HW2 cars, 17.2.12 appears to be for earlier cars (I'm AP1). Despite the discontinuous leap in the internal release number, it still reports on the console as V8.0(17.2.12) and the release notes are identical to my previous version 2.52.22. Alas, not the hoped for 8.1 release and Tesla version numbering opens a new arcane chapter.

Got on board a westbound Te-sla 90D......:D

So, 160 miles on the 10, east to west in heavy wind/rain today. AP was spooked (flashing red death grip) several times by roostertails from opposing side lanes but I was otherwise very impressed with its reliable steadiness. Near white out momentary conditions which also kicked off AP from time to time but even with very limited visibility for most of the ride it performed great. I trusted AP far more than I was able to trust my eyes....I would have been pulled over like many others. 2.52.22 here.

It never rains in California.......but girl don't they warn you :D

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I got 17.3.2 yesterday. Installed and took it for a quick drive. It was a clear bright day, TACC worked great and even had the chance to do 45mph on the highway and kick in Autosteer. While it was only for a minute or so, it worked great too.

Later last night and this morning I had the opportunity to try Autosteer again (yes, under 45MPH and on the same highway) and received an error "Autosteer is temporarily unavailable". I rebooted and tried again and still the same message. The only thing that really changed is that the sun went down it was a little foggy / misty. Could the dark / slight weather have caused AP to stop?

To be clear, I've seen three Autosteer errors. This wasn't the "You're going too fast" or "Not available on this road" error (I've seen those too). It was a Temporarily Unavailable error. Has any else experienced this?

I got 17.3.2 yesterday. Installed and took it for a quick drive. It was a clear bright day, TACC worked great and even had the chance to do 45mph on the highway and kick in Autosteer. While it was only for a minute or so, it worked great too.

Later last night and this morning I had the opportunity to try Autosteer again (yes, under 45MPH and on the same highway) and received an error "Autosteer is temporarily unavailable". I rebooted and tried again and still the same message. The only thing that really changed is that the sun went down it was a little foggy / misty. Could the dark / slight weather have caused AP to stop?

To be clear, I've seen three Autosteer errors. This wasn't the "You're going too fast" or "Not available on this road" error (I've seen those too). It was a Temporarily Unavailable error. Has any else experienced this?

When it said temporarily unavailable, what did the road look like in the instrument panel display?

Foggy/rainy weather can create issues in seeing the lane lines in some lighting conditions.

In that case, you'll see no lane lines or just black lines rather than the grey over black lines it shows when AP is tracking the lane correctly but not engaged, and if you try to engage you'll get the temporarily unavailable message.

(There's also no steering wheel in the top right of the speed then.)

adding to the gremlins
This morning I got autosteer disabled because radar wasn't working properly. At first I engaged and it was fine but then when I lowered the max speed I got the message immediately. It came back after ten minutes or so but the ultrasonics also seemed much more sensitive. Temp was 50 degrees, stop and go traffic and there was a light drizzle.