Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 2022 VINs (and changes) discussion / Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what they told me too. I don’t mind losing the $250. But to wait at the end of the line again for a LR 3 sounds brutal. Keep us posted on your progress? Always wondered how long it will take once the order is lifted.
Hi, new to this forum and to Tesla, I just placed my MYLR on hold last week. If you cancel you're not only going to the back if the line but also paying the new prices which are (most likely) higher than when you originally ordered.

The reason I put my order on hold is because I want it delivered in 2022 so that it's eligible to the tax break on EVs if passed, What I've heard is it will not be retroactive to 2021.

Reactions: impastu
Hi, new to this forum and to Tesla, I just placed my MYLR on hold last week. If you cancel you're not only going to the back if the line but also paying the new prices which are (most likely) higher than when you originally ordered.

The reason I put my order on hold is because I want it delivered in 2022 so that it's eligible to the tax break on EVs if passed, What I've heard is it will not be retroactive to 2021.
what is Tesla response when you asked them to hold your order ? are they ok with it or raised any concerns ?

I got my VIN yesterday, spoke with my SA today. She is keeping my order open and just reassigning my VIN, she said she would just be on the look out when 2022s start coming in and just notated in my file that I want a 2022. She thinks it will be the end of December before the 2022s are released so hopefully I’ll get a car in Jan or Feb, which is better timing for me in any event as my car lease doesn’t end until Jan. 6.

I have sort of a unique situation as I've now had my MY order on hold 3x.
  • Received VIN 9/10 but couldn't take delivery due to travel. Put on Hold until 10/1.
  • Received VIN 8 days later, 10/8. Was hoping for 22' VIN since next model year had been issued in Oct. last 2 years. Put on Hold until 10/24.
  • Received VIN 5 days later, 10/29. EV credit seemed more likely to pass, valid on vehicles purchased after 1/1/22. Put on Hold until 1/1/22.
    • NOTE: I believe my SA made an exception for me to put my order on Hold again. He warned me that Tesla could "auto-cancel" my order due to putting on Hold again. When I asked for clarification on "auto-cancellation", he told me that Tesla would/could reach out before doing so but if I didn't respond immediately, my order would be cancelled.
Tesla is definitely taking a harder line against those putting orders on Hold since I'm sure they've seen an influx due to recent EV tax credit developments. I'm still not entirely sure if Tesla will attempt to cancel my order and am also not super confident that I will be notified before it happens... because, Tesla.

I really hope I don't lose my $52.5k order but if they ping me in a few weeks saying that they will cancel my order if I don't take delivery immediately, I'll take it. Bird in a Hand, at this point. I don't have much hope this EV credit will pass but if I can wait a bit longer and see how it plays out, I'll continue to do that.

I have sort of a unique situation as I've now had my MY order on hold 3x.
  • Received VIN 9/10 but couldn't take delivery due to travel. Put on Hold until 10/1.
  • Received VIN 8 days later, 10/8. Was hoping for 22' VIN since next model year had been issued in Oct. last 2 years. Put on Hold until 10/24.
  • Received VIN 5 days later, 10/29. EV credit seemed more likely to pass, valid on vehicles purchased after 1/1/22. Put on Hold until 1/1/22.
    • NOTE: I believe my SA made an exception for me to put my order on Hold again. He warned me that Tesla could "auto-cancel" my order due to putting on Hold again. When I asked for clarification on "auto-cancellation", he told me that Tesla would/could reach out before doing so but if I didn't respond immediately, my order would be cancelled.
Tesla is definitely taking a harder line against those putting orders on Hold since I'm sure they've seen an influx due to recent EV tax credit developments. I'm still not entirely sure if Tesla will attempt to cancel my order and am also not super confident that I will be notified before it happens... because, Tesla.

I really hope I don't lose my $52.5k order but if they ping me in a few weeks saying that they will cancel my order if I don't take delivery immediately, I'll take it. Bird in a Hand, at this point. I don't have much hope this EV credit will pass but if I can wait a bit longer and see how it plays out, I'll continue to do that.
No there is definitely a chance that they auto-cancel, they sent me this email after I had my order on hold too long initially and I told them to hold it for the maximum time which was 90 days and in about 60 days they emailed me again asking me if I wanted to keep or it will be cancelled so I had to take delivery..

Here is the auto cancel email:
1635807790818.png

No there is definitely a chance that they auto-cancel, they sent me this email after I had my order on hold too long initially and I told them to hold it for the maximum time which was 90 days and in about 60 days they emailed me again asking me if I wanted to keep or it will be cancelled so I had to take delivery..

Here is the auto cancel email:
View attachment 728250
So to clarify, 60 days after you put your order on hold, you received this email stating that you had to take delivery (or have the order cancelled)?

You have the date blanked out in your screenshot but how much time did you have from when your received the order cancellation email to the "If you still intend to take delivery, please contact [email protected] [DATE]"? My SA made it seem like it was a very short period of time to respond