Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

dashrb

Dec 13, 2012
Fairfax, VA, USA
P3043, Fairfax, VA
Got my VIN: 3751. Delivery window is still 1/23-2/6. But since I haven't received/signed the final paperwork, I'm expecting early February.

60 kWh, pano roof, 21" wheels, Blue exterior, Matte Obeche, grey leather, tech, air suspension, parcel shelf, twin charge, supercharger, HPWC

DFibRL8R

Jan 17, 2013
Leesburg Virginia
@ dashrb
I'm P#5656, received Vin 3983 on 1/18 and told my 60kWh vehicle production would likely be done in 5-7days. I signed final paperwork on 1/20. Seems like your paperwork should be available and a phone call/email to your Tesla contact is in order. Would be good to have your car on the same truck to the DC area :)

DFibRL8R

Jan 17, 2013
Leesburg Virginia
P3043, Fairfax, VA
Got my VIN: 3751. Delivery window is still 1/23-2/6. But since I haven't received/signed the final paperwork, I'm expecting early February.

60 kWh, pano roof, 21" wheels, Blue exterior, Matte Obeche, grey leather, tech, air suspension, parcel shelf, twin charge, supercharger, HPWC

I'm P#5656 60kWh and Vin 3983. Received my Vin 1/18, final paperwork 1/20. Told 1/18, 5-7 days until car finished so would expect shipment to DC area soon. I would call/email Tesla to get your final paperwork completed so your S can get on the next transport!

hans

P631
Sep 27, 2012
Menlo Park
I tried to get the 0-60 times for the Model S60 today but the car is so fracking fast that the accelerometer on my phone can't keep up! I need to find a better way to measure the time. It looks like the speedometer on the car is spot on (many cars read 4-5 mph too fast). I was thinking of just capturing a video of the speedo and then measuring the time between the frames that show the last 0mph to the one that shows 60mph. This is not a problem I ever anticipated having, but I love it. No regrets on the 60 in terms of performance.

ClearwaterBchSteve

P445 / VIN 1794
Mar 29, 2012
Clearwater Beach, FL
I tried to get the 0-60 times for the Model S60 today but the car is so fracking fast that the accelerometer on my phone can't keep up! I need to find a better way to measure the time. It looks like the speedometer on the car is spot on (many cars read 4-5 mph too fast). I was thinking of just capturing a video of the speedo and then measuring the time between the frames that show the last 0mph to the one that shows 60mph. This is not a problem I ever anticipated having, but I love it. No regrets on the 60 in terms of performance.
Teslas are FAST. I've often felt like 88mph will put me back to 1985. There is no need to "floor it" to pass just about anything, any time. Having all that performance "headroom" is the real joy. Also, just as impressive as the accelleration is, the ability to modulate the "go pedal" to control decelleration is great. Wait until you get used to driving your Model S and you get into one of those old, low-tech vehicles that has an ICE, gears and must constantly shift and wear down break pads. :biggrin:

grisnjam

P6316
Dec 29, 2011
Austin, Texas

I have a plan to take my 60 and a 85 and a 85 perf and video the speedometers during a standing 0-85 mph blast on the same stretch of road then split screen edit it. I won't get my 60 for two weeks though ...

SuperCoug

Model S Res #7734
Mar 16, 2012
Bothell, WA
I have a plan to take my 60 and a 85 and a 85 perf and video the speedometers during a standing 0-85 mph blast on the same stretch of road then split screen edit it. I won't get my 60 for two weeks though ...

That sounds awesome! Great idea. I can't wait to see the results.

Frankc

Jun 22, 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
There are several phone based apps that claim to accurately record 0 to 60 times, as well as other items. Two are g-meter (gMeter Vehicle Performance App for iPhone, iPod, iPad) and Dynolicious (Dynolicious Fusion : Automotive Performance for iOS : Coming Soon). An article on the Dynolicious unit is here:

motivemagazine.com - Tested: 0-60 MPH Times, Dynolicious iPhone Application Versus VBox

I don't personally have any experience with these, do any of you? It would be nice to pick a standard that we could share and do informal testing of the various configurations that we have. Are there other phone based systems we should look at?

dbanner

Nov 24, 2012
usa
Good to hear! Let us know when you clock the 0-60.

dashrb

Dec 13, 2012
Fairfax, VA, USA
I'm P#5656 60kWh and Vin 3983. Received my Vin 1/18, final paperwork 1/20. Told 1/18, 5-7 days until car finished so would expect shipment to DC area soon. I would call/email Tesla to get your final paperwork completed so your S can get on the next transport!

First, Congrats!!! An email this evening from Lauren said that my S was done! She is sending the paperwork for my signature, but I am closing on a house refinance tomorrow, so I can't apply for a car loan until tomorrow afternoon. We'll see how fast I can get a check from PenFed or BoA. Anyway, rest assured, I'll be going as fast as I possibly can! Then, when I actually *get* the car, I'll be going as fast as I possibly can again!

Tempus

Nov 18, 2010
Virginia
i just got an email that my car is done, and just waiting to get on a truck to virginia. For some reason, i've got this image of a giant queue outside of a disneyworld ride with the cars standing around waiting to get on :)

Seal the paint with what ? :confused:.

There are many options out there. The one I use is old school and prompts most to dismiss it, but I still like it. It's called Liquid Glass. There are a lot of newer products out there as well. Most of the newer ones dry quicker and are rumored to be easier to apply. LG takes a minimum of 4 hours between coats but it is better if you leave more like 12+ between coats. Usually with a new car you would want to put a bunch of layers on like 2-4, depending on how anal you are.

It helps protect the paint and makes it look slicker longer. You can put wax over it just as without it, and it only has to be reapplied about once every 6-12 months. It allows you to go longer between waxes. Some choose not to wax a car at all if they have stuff like that on it. Just a personal preference choice.

I plan to keep this car a long time. Wanna make sure I take care of it properly.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC