Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got da button!

After compulsively checking my dashboard over the past few weeks, I finally broke down and called Tesla -- actually worked out great, as my delivery button was activated :love::love::love:

My window is set for 2/19 - 3/5

Model S P#7511 60kWH
Pearl white, Grey leather, Lacewood trim
All options except rear sets and twin chargers

FINALLY! Called into the Delivery team and they enabled the button and finalized it for Estimated Delivery Window: Feb. 21st - Mar. 7th!
P8460:
Black Paint;
All Glass Panoramic Roof;
19" Wheels;
Black Leather Interior;
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor;
60 kWh Battery;
Tech Package;
Sound Studio Package;
Active Air Suspension;
Rear Facing Seats;
Paint Armor;
Supercharging

3PM today? Will that be the first 60kWh Model S on the forum? Can't wait for the full report!

That makes 3 people picking up 60s today at the factory. PhilipO, ThomasK, and David-El. Let see who is first to let us know they got it and give us some 0-60mph times and general impressions of the 60 kWh cars versus all the previous 85 kWh models. Congrats guys.

In regards to worries about publicly announcing one's VIN, I would assume that the key issue could be real if Tesla had no control of the car remotely. However, I thought that Tesla had kept the ability to remotely locate and disable the car as part of the OS, right?

So if the car is stolen with your key or someone else's fake key, can't Tesla just disable the car? Even if not, can't they just locate it for the police?

Not sure this type of theft is a real concern. If not then...

Problem solved.

On another note, can;t wait to hear what people think of their brand new 60s!

Cheers

Picked up my 60kW today at the factory! Fantastic! With the factory tour and review of car it took a little over two hours.

In talking with the delivery team, they started delivering 60kW models yesterday, so I'm not the first. I forgot to ask if they were delivered models or factory pickups, so some/all of those yesterday may be on trucks to the owners. I'm guessing they are have 8-10 factory pickups a day of all versions (maybe more on the weekend). The factory is running 7 days a week, so they are really cranking them out.

Mega Congrats to you vcor, and all other 60kWh's that picked up so far!!

I just heard from my DS today, and have scheduled the earliest delivery date - January 29th. That is also our anniversary, so if that date sticks, it will be an unforgettable anniversary for sure.

Also got the final MVPA today, and we both signed, and back in Tesla's hands for their turn.

FINALLY! Called into the Delivery team and they enabled the button and finalized it for Estimated Delivery Window: Feb. 21st - Mar. 7th!

Do we need to call Tesla to get our button? I've been compulsively checking and haven't seen mine yet.

Cars with configurations pretty much identical to mine with later reservation numbers are getting delivery estimates.