Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 'flawless' Model X made on 4/29

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This statement was reported elsewhere:

He also noted that they achieved their first full flawless production run of the Model X last Friday, and now they’re getting to the point of achieving several flawless runs in a row.

Not sure how many cars are in a "run" (one shift, 8 hours?) but the recent milestone sounds like the first *batch* of cars in which none had problems.

Yours could have been fixed post-manufacturing during the inspections phase. I took what Elon took to mean that it rolled out of the production line flawless.
Well it did not spend much time in QC because it was ready on the 21st (manufactured on 3/16) and we had to delay until the 24th to actually get it. Not sure where it the process the manufacturing date is established.

Anyone with a low VIN that had their car delayed for weeks before pickup note what date your car was manufactured versus the date you picked it up? If there is a big difference (like more than two weeks) I would suspect all that time is when it was in QC.

@aesculus show me the car with some pic because I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a problem free Model X, I can tell you you don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a set of eagle eyes to spot problems on your X. If you show me your X now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for any problems, I will not spot any misalignments. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find your X, and I will spot a list of 300 problems for you! lol!

@aesculus show me the car with some pic because I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a problem free Model X, I can tell you you don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a set of eagle eyes to spot problems on your X. If you show me your X now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for any problems, I will not spot any misalignments. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find your X, and I will spot a list of 300 problems for you! lol!

Don't know why but this sounds very familiar yet weird...don't know I am confused

Reactions: Jurnimon
Damn! I watched all the movies, non of them featuring sunshade. I guess i am old school. :p

You have no idea what you are missing, this is a good one:
Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 7.54.01 PM.png

I think most people are misunderstanding Elon's comment. He wasn't saying it was the first flawless X, he was saying is was the first flawless production run. So everything finally went smooth during production for an entire "run" (whatever that is). I took it to mean all the machines were working well, they never needed to stop the line to tweak something etc.

Reactions: xkwizit
Here's the full quote

“We have some internal milestones that we have achieved thus far that I am pretty excited about. Friday at 3 am we achieved our first flawless production of the Model X where it went through the whole production process and had zero issues, that was a great milestone, celebrating with the team at 3 am on Friday was great and now we are starting to get several in a row that are flawless, so it’s really gaining momentum very quickly.”

Where are you guys getting this was a "run". That word is never used by Elon in that statement. His words were, "Friday at 3am we achieved our first flawless production of the Model X. Where it went through the whole production process and it had zero issues."

Edit: Damn. @umeshunni beat me too it! ;)

Last edited:
Yes!!!! I am happy that they are making progress!!!

Any link to the actual earning call audio?
The webcast is available on their IR site: Events & Presentations | Tesla Motors
Alternatively here's a transcript: Edited Transcript of TSLA earnings conference call or presentation 4-May-16 9:30pm GMT

The quote: "So we have some internal milestones that we've achieved that I'm pretty excited about. Friday at 3am we achieved our first flawless production of the Model X, where we went through the whole production process and had zero issues. That was a great milestone."

Elon Musk stated on the conference call yesterday that last Friday 3AM was the first "perfect" MX to come off the production line. The first with no flaws. Then several more perfect MXs came off the line.

Tesla seems like it has been great on post-delivery repairs, but this is good news for those with post-April production times.