Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First P85D adopters stuck in black hole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe we can continue this thread or start a new one for those of us that reordered. I'm waiting for the paperwork to go through.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, that is what really makes it more difficult. It s not just the time - I waited longer for my first car - but having pushed the button early, and being a previous customer - allegedly being given preferred treatment, it feels like being punished to sit and watch the other cars go by so to speak.

+1!

You know when I missed autopilot features by 4 days I really didn't complain... I understand technology will always be improving and I took the loss like a big boy and eagerly ordered the P85D.

Being in Southern California I didn't even order the cold weather package but honestly the way the whole heated steering wheel is being handled as well as the lack of communication has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Still in production here since 12/6.

I haven't been in contact with my DS, however, I've just been patiently waiting, feeding my itch by reading stories on here and such. I'll call tomorrow if nothing changes. Still holding out hope for a pre-Christmas delivery.

I was never in the black hole myself, but was there with you guys in spirit, and will be happy to chip in for pizza, if we really make that happen somehow. I agree that there probably needs to be some sort of contact with management so that it is a positive and not a negative.

Out of curiosity. I wonder how many of the black hole dwellers who've recently come out, had emailed Jerome? And how many came out without an email sent to Jerome?
Wonder if there is a correlation.

If it helps any, I did not send an email but I received a call yesterday from my DS with the seat swap offer. I accepted. It completed production last night and was put on a truck. No delivery date set yet.

Yeah my DS has been great, but unfortunately he has limited info. I know there are several D deliveries taking place this week (ppl not on our spreadsheet) and a couple of other Torontonians from our sheet are getting theirs soon (Osama and Andrew). So hopefully mine can't be too far behind.

Thanks for for the feedback everyone.

Ben, did you get confirmation re being put on a truck? Mine also completed, and was now being inspected. No email by me, same call regarding seats.

Hello Rich, yes, according to my DS it was put on a truck last night and is heading east. No more information regarding how long it takes or when we can schedule delivery. Hope to hear more information later today.

Tesla has had my $130k since 12/4, but I'm still in the black hole. They will clearly miss the promised delivery date (before my holiday travels) but still no communication from my DS. I'm a huge Tesla fan, but at this point I'm pretty disappointed.

Out of curiosity. I wonder how many of the black hole dwellers who've recently come out, had emailed Jerome? And how many came out without an email sent to Jerome?
Wonder if there is a correlation.
I came out of production today. I did email Jerome last Saturday, proactively stating that I would gladly take the standard seats if it would expedite delivery. I also emphasized that we needed the car before leaving for a 2 week vacation on the 26th, and that if it did not get on a truck by early this week that probably wasn't going to happen. I did get a quick and cordial response from him, but it was not specific. He acknowledged the seat request and stated that they would do their best to meet our desired delivery date. He also cc'd my DS and a couple of individuals in global delivery.

Whether it made any difference, I'm not sure, as I didn't receive any additional specific followup before coming out of production. IMO it can't hurt to send him a quick email, especially if you have extenuating circumstances.