Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Taycan fire reported

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not a movement, it's a disruption of a well established industry so there will never be a smooth transition / quiet revolution.

The perception of relative safety continues to be contested:

More Than 150 Gas Car Fires Per Day — Can We Please Get Serious About Electric Car Battery Fires? | CleanTechnica
One glaring omission I see in all the ICE vs. EV fire discussion is the average car in the USA is over 11 years old that is just average. We know nothing about the frequency that age, neglect, improper modifications or repairs etc. play in fires.

Yes there are cases of new ICE burning down in garages...........usually due to ELECTRICAL FLAWS.

The drive by the EV community to PRETEND liquid fueled vehicles are dangerous due to the liquid fuel undercuts your argument to reasonable people. About the same as algore jetting around the world to tell the rest of us to use less energy. It plays well to the sycophants but makes the reasonable people ignore you.

Very interesting how things were reported. My wife Karen I believe seen a post on FB last night. I started looking around on reddit and read several post only a tire was burnt, battery pack intact. Then the video of really what happen. Why was the original video taken down? I'm surprised how quickly the fire was put out for the whole house could have went up in frames.

One glaring omission I see in all the ICE vs. EV fire discussion is the average car in the USA is over 11 years old that is just average. We know nothing about the frequency that age, neglect, improper modifications or repairs etc. play in fires.

Yes there are cases of new ICE burning down in garages...........usually due to ELECTRICAL FLAWS.

The drive by the EV community to PRETEND liquid fueled vehicles are dangerous due to the liquid fuel undercuts your argument to reasonable people. About the same as algore jetting around the world to tell the rest of us to use less energy. It plays well to the sycophants but makes the reasonable people ignore you.

Like I said, the perception of relative safety continues to be contested.

Thank you for proving the only argument I was making.

To the sycophants, I have to wonder if we see more EV fires as they too age and are neglected.
Like I said many ICE vehicle fires are electrical in nature anyway. Cheap materials, or worn insulation, dirty or loose connections getting hot, all those risks are possible in an EV.

Listen to many here though and you would believe gas tanks randomly blow up, they don't.

Hmm where does the taycan have it’s charge port? I was looking for any indication of where the fire started from.
The ports (it has 2) are in the left and right front fenders. In the video you can also see a charging cable hanging from the ceiling of the garage (and possibly a second one in the background). The investigators will quickly find out if the fire originated in the car or perhaps the electrical installation.

The ports (it has 2) are in the left and right front fenders. In the video you can also see a charging cable hanging from the ceiling of the garage (and possibly a second one in the background). The investigators will quickly find out if the fire originated in the car or perhaps the electrical installation.

i think the thing hanging over the car is the garage door opener bar, but not sure Not sure what’s at the far end.

the fire department probably pulled out the Sheetrock after extinguishing the fire to make sure no hidden hot spots.