Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flash Poll for US Owners: Can you configure your Model 3?

US Owners: Do you have your Model 3 configure invite? (Pls check your Tesla acct before voting)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SlicedBr3ad and @Bombstar, you both voted "No" but are either of you U.S. Model S or X or Roadster owners?

The poll is for U.S. S/X/Roadster owners only to try to get a sense of whether there are any U.S. owners who have not received an invitation to configure yet.
Ugh, I don't read well. Thought we were past owner only config posts. Non owner here, changed my vote to yes.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
Quick snapshot: 36 owners* voting -- so far 36 have configured or can configure, 0 can't.

Knock on wood but seems promising that we will see a bunch of non-owner invites in the next round ....

*Note: Excludes 2 "no" votes and 3 "yes" votes from non-S/X/Roadster owners

I'm an owner and voted yes. It was interesting - following the link I got to a spot that asked if I wasn't going to order my 3, what was I waiting for? It gave a couple of choices like battery and something else, but neither were my reason - I"m not ordering a 3 or s (not sure which I'll get) until they have Full Self Driving substantially working. So far, according to what I've read they barely have parity with AP1 cars. I wish they'd hurry up and get the auto-pilot an order of magnitude better than AP1, and start approaching FSD.

Perhaps it should be made clear... If you already have your Model 3, or already ordered it, its the same as I can configure... The goal is to measure how many people haven't been invited yet, vs those that have been invited or at any point beyond that.
Well, that's my understanding anyways. The total numbers are still WAY smaller than the Cali only poll ! It should be in the 500-1000 total number...
As well as it seems like there are wayy too many NO votes too.
Lets a light a candle on this... Thanks !

Reactions: EinSV
I'm an owner and voted yes. It was interesting - following the link I got to a spot that asked if I wasn't going to order my 3, what was I waiting for? It gave a couple of choices like battery and something else, but neither were my reason - I"m not ordering a 3 or s (not sure which I'll get) until they have Full Self Driving substantially working. So far, according to what I've read they barely have parity with AP1 cars. I wish they'd hurry up and get the auto-pilot an order of magnitude better than AP1, and start approaching FSD.

I'm extremely positive about the prospects for FSD, but recognizing how far even the most advanced program (Google?) is from being consumer-ready, I think you have a very long wait. The Google car is still a long way from being able to function on all roads in all conditions, and Tesla, as you've noted, just has a few functions under very limited conditions. Once someone has a car that can really function in FSD under consumer conditions, there is likely to be at least a year for testing and regulatory approval.

My guess: Ten years until a regular consumer can buy a real FSD car.

Perhaps it should be made clear... If you already have your Model 3, or already ordered it, its the same as I can configure... The goal is to measure how many people haven't been invited yet, vs those that have been invited or at any point beyond that.
Well, that's my understanding anyways. The total numbers are still WAY smaller than the Cali only poll ! It should be in the 500-1000 total number...
As well as it seems like there are wayy too many NO votes too.
Lets a light a candle on this... Thanks !

The obvious problem is that people have to open the thread before they'll see the survey, and a lot of people who've gotten their car are going to be so exhausted from the waiting and the posting about how hard it is to wait, that they're liable to just avoid the Ordering, Production, and Delivery forum.

Honestly, once I get my car I'm liable to concentrate on reading threads about problems and solutions, and tips and hints on using the car. I doubt I'll look in this forum again once I have my car.

@macpacheco — would love to see more votes!

Current vote total appears to be 50-0 US owners invited to configure versus not invited.*

Details: Two of the “no” votes have been confirmed to be from non-owners. Based on their posting history the other two appear to be from a non-owner (@Dugknight) and an owner who has been invited to configure (@DamageInc). Hopefully they can confirm one way or another.

Current poll shows votes as 52-4 — removing 3 no and 3 yes and changing 1 no to a yes results in 50-0.

Too bad the forum software doesn’t seem to allow people who voted by mistake to remove their votes — only change to a less misleading but still incorrect response!

Last edited:
@macpacheco — would love to see more votes!

Current vote total appears to be 50-0 US owners invited to configure versus not invited.*

Details: Two of the “no” votes have been confirmed to be from non-owners. Based on their posting history the other two appear to be from a non-owner (@Dugknight) and an owner who has been invited to configure (@DamageInc). Hopefully they can confirm one way or another.

Current poll shows votes as 52-4 — removing 3 no and 3 yes and changing 1 no to a yes results in 50-0.

Too bad the forum software doesn’t seem to allow people who voted incorrectly to remove their votes — only change to a less misleading but still incorrect response!

Next time maybe make an option for Oops I screwed up, then they could change it to that. I know I have done it a couple of times by voting before I fully read.

Next time maybe make an option for Oops I screwed up, then they could change it to that. I know I have done it a couple of times by voting before I fully read.

That's not a bad idea! I have also accidentally voted when scrolling on my phone or otherwise so yeah it happens. I also put in a request that TMC consider adding a feature to allow you to remove a vote from a poll. Option to Remove Vote on a Poll

That's not a bad idea! I have also accidentally voted when scrolling on my phone or otherwise so yeah it happens. I also put in a request that TMC consider adding a feature to allow you to remove a vote from a poll. Option to Remove Vote on a Poll

I would like to vote for the following terminology:

"I am to busy to read the actual poll questions so I often screw up and I need to change my vote to something that will not mess up the poll, I am truly sorry but I am sure you can all relate"

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: Pkmmte and EinSV