Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat Fold second row now available.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what the load floor really looks like. There seems to be a raised cargo floor in one photo in the configuration website, and another photo without a raised floor. Or is there some kind of shelf?
It's a shelf that runs across the empty space to bring it level w/ the back of the folded seats. Earlier image shows without it but later image shows the shelf.

• Informative
Reactions: anticitizen13.7
If you pick 5 seater in the design studio it'll show the bench now.

Cloth
pbQjSRN.png

Tan
tUSA5QH.png

White
WCGnoMu.png

Black
Wwl9pxy.png

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy and Tam
It's a shelf that runs across the empty space to bring it level w/ the back of the folded seats. Earlier image shows without it but later image shows the shelf.

I agree about the shelf, of course.

The earlier image, though, was clearly a Photoshop where an edited third row was replaced by black space. This was evident when examining the image with tools. It is hard to say how indicative it may or may not have been of any empty space underneath, because it simply was an image with the third row edited out and replaced by black color.

That said, I agree the placement of the rear motor and the empty space between the third row (when installed) and secod row (seats or bench) does suggest the shelf will have empty space underneath it. But how much exactly is the question. More? Less than in the images? Whether or not the configurator image(s) have been in any way indicative of the exact shape and size of that space remains open...

I didn't get any pictures, but got some more info.

There's a large solid panel of space from behind the seats that go all the way back to the rear liftgate. A cargo net wouldn't really be necessary as there's not enough space for someone to pass through. There's not really any dead space behind the seat bench.

I didn't get any pictures, but got some more info.

There's a large solid panel of space from behind the seats that go all the way back to the rear liftgate. A cargo net wouldn't really be necessary as there's not enough space for someone to pass through. There's not really any dead space behind the seat bench.

Not sure I understand this. Are you saying behind the seat there is no space at the floor level up to where the new "floor" is where the third row cushion sat? If so, what is taking up the space the third row passengers lower legs/feet would have been?

Not sure I understand this. Are you saying behind the seat there is no space at the floor level up to where the new "floor" is where the third row cushion sat? If so, what is taking up the space the third row passengers lower legs/feet would have been?
There's room under the bench, but not much behind. I meant to ask if you could stuff an art style portfolio case between the seat and the start of the shelf. Really wish they release more pics of this.

Like would this fit behind the seat.

Quartz_case_open.png

...There's room under the bench, but not much behind....

I lighten up your picture and it shows there's lots of FLOOR room all the way up to the ceiling behind the bench because the third row is gone but its leg room is intact and there's no rigid board to cap that leg room space behind the bench:

W6mZOxY.jpg

Intact leg room is consistent with AnxietyRanger's picture but this one's with a rigid board on top of the leg room space behind the bench:

model_x_folding_seats-jpg.201395

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Fiddler
I lighten up your picture and it shows there's lots of FLOOR room all the way up to the ceiling behind the bench because the third row is gone but its leg room is intact and there's no rigid board to cap that leg room space behind the bench:

W6mZOxY.jpg

Intact leg room is consistent with AnxietyRanger's picture but this one's with a rigid board on top of the leg room space behind the bench:

Hmm I thought that was a photoshop job.

The image posted by @Tam prompts a question: are there any tie downs (D-rings or similar) in the rear cargo area of the X? I realize that no one outside of Tesla has seen this particular 5-seat configuration yet, so my question is for current X owners with any seat configuration. Looking at the image, it seems like whatever you put back there is going to slide around unless there is some way to secure it.

The image posted by @Tam prompts a question: are there any tie downs (D-rings or similar) in the rear cargo area of the X? I realize that no one outside of Tesla has seen this particular 5-seat configuration yet, so my question is for current X owners with any seat configuration. Looking at the image, it seems like whatever you put back there is going to slide around unless there is some way to secure it.
Great question! Would love that.

Just asked, nothing known, so I guess that's a no.