Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I'd share a few pics after picking her up. Going back in two weeks for follow-up and to install the rear lip and emblems, I'm very happy with Mario's work over at E1, highly recommended.

Attachments

• IMG_20210828_134204.jpg
    IMG_20210828_134204.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20210828_134528.jpg
    IMG_20210828_134528.jpg
    922.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20210828_134537.jpg
    IMG_20210828_134537.jpg
    937.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20210828_145508.jpg
    IMG_20210828_145508.jpg
    689.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20210828_123847.jpg
    IMG_20210828_123847.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 44
Does the performance upgrade on the LR impact range? For me, the P ticked all the boxes. I wanted it to ride more like a car than a crossover so the lower suspension works, along with the acceleration.

The next upgrade I'll be doing will be an XMas present to myself. Going to have Mario install the electric frunk opener from Tesla Offer (now EV Offer). I think I'll be done for a while after that. My only concern is that it could possibly void warranty. Don't think it would, unless there was a specific concern with the frunk, but still a concern for me nonetheless.
Good question on if the performance upgrade affects range. I have no clue. Never thought about it till you asked. If it does I’m skipping out. Will let you know once I learn if it does.

Can anyone share what they are spending on these tints and PPF. I am getting XR Plus for all the windows (roof too) for $1000 and want to see the average. PPF I am not too worried because I heard it is roughly $5000 but still curious for others on here.
I didn’t really know all the exact pricing yet since don’t have my car. I see DMateo posted the pricing. I figured they are all the similar once high quality shop is doing it. I don’t mind spenoding a little more for quality. As my father used to say “sometime cheap is expensive”. I’ve seen Mario’s work. I can vouch that it’s quality. I haven’t seen others from a high end shop to compare but I’ve seen what I call average which is probably 95% of shops.

Reactions: DMateo
I didn’t really know all the exact pricing yet since don’t have my car. I see DMateo posted the pricing. I figured they are all the similar once high quality shop is doing it. I don’t mind spenoding a little more for quality. As my father used to say “sometime cheap is expensive”. I’ve seen Mario’s work. I can vouch that it’s quality. I haven’t seen others from a high end shop to compare but I’ve seen what I call average which is probably 95% of shops.
There's a saying in Spanish that mirrors the same sentiments of this message, I totally agree. I'm too much of a perfectionist to sacrifice price for quality, I'm very fortunate to have found a shop that actually cares about more than just getting paid for a job.

Spent the day in Mizner Park and saw numerous people walking past my car taking pictures of it from the restaurant I was having lunch at.

View attachment 702731
Apparently photo from inside. Look at all the casting.

We can only hope. Hope we get more than gigacasts for being produced in Texas 🤞🏻
I read some place yesterday (don’t recall where, may even have been on this site but not this thread), that Model Y performance will be built at Giga Texas while Long Range will continue to be made in Fremont. It is all speculation at this point. It might be a little annoying if I get my Y on Sept 10th and the a month later Giga Texas Y’s start shipping with the updated front cast resulting in more range. Aside from 7 seater, tne thing I needed most is as much range as possible since I drive for work +- 130 miles round trip 5 to 6 days a week. That’s if I don‘t don‘t run any additional errands, hence the LR purchase vs Performance version.