Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean it really comes to the buyer if they want to spend more. Overall, with taxes and the cost difference, I doubt your car trade in would see a $8000 loss by January. For example, my trade it was $17,104 at the end of July. End of August it was $17586. I’m going to test towards the end of September but carvana gives you 30 days to actually give them the car and I love it because I can keep testing and finally sell when I see a dip. I’ve only spent $14000 total on the car so for me my results are different than others. Now, sure I might lose $500 or maybe even $2000 on my trade in but is it worth the $8000 value of the MYP, personally no. That’s the thing though, all personal preference. Is the speed cool, sure. It’s also a ticket waiting to happen if done foolishly. And Tesla, regardless of model, all have wonderful acceleration, just performance models are more for the thrill, I’m over that phase in my life. I drove ambulances as a medic for a good chunk of my life and don’t miss the speeding that much lololol. But hey, no matter what we all love Tesla and their cars, I just like to voice my opinion when it comes to money but as always, you do you boo.
did you get the car detailed prior to getting Carvana estimate?

did you get the car detailed prior to getting Carvana estimate?
Nope. Just did the general inspection locally and they gave me the quote. I did it online as well to make sure and same. I mean I keep my car in great condition but this Chevy spark I could careless about. So I did the basic car wash. Not using my good stuff yet lol. I’ve tried vroom $14372 and webuyanycar $13788. So, carvana dominated them both. They are ready to pick up whenever and I have till September 24 to pick a date for pickup which is also an extra 14 days so just in case you need to cancel. Praying I get a date in October but still have one car if I need to just get rid of it.

Nope. Just did the general inspection locally and they gave me the quote. I did it online as well to make sure and same. I mean I keep my car in great condition but this Chevy spark I could careless about. So I did the basic car wash. Not using my good stuff yet lol. I’ve tried vroom $14372 and webuyanycar $13788. So, carvana dominated them both. They are ready to pick up whenever and I have till September 24 to pick a date for pickup which is also an extra 14 days so just in case you need to cancel. Praying I get a date in October but still have one car if I need to just get rid of it.
my Y slid to Jan. Tesla offered 13,500 and Carvanna 17,500 for a 2027 prius plug in with 46,000

Reactions: Samier_RN
Mine now slid back (even farther) . From Nov, it advanced to October in Sat and then it went back to Nov-Dec today. Its base model - Model MYLR | Ext White | Int Black | Seats 5 | Wheels 19" | Tow No | FSD No . Ordered from Tampa
I have your twin ordered. My order slid too. I was tempted to buy the red MYP that showed up in inventory this afternoon. I was worried that it might be someone’s reject, so I passed. I imagine that some more will appear soon as the end of the quarter nears.

I, like most have had multiple EDD changes. I've had 4 myself since my 7/16 order. No VIN yet.

There is a lot of decision making going on with the new "baseline" Model Y. Plus, the new 4680 battery pack intro across the board. I never thought for one momnt that my Model Y would be built in Austin. With my new EDD of 11/5 - 11/25, I'm not so sure now! I saw a photo of a model Y at Giga Austin, then covered and spirited away.

Crazy times, I will just keep buying more stuff that I think I will need for My Y.

Reactions: Ormond and Crisro
I, like most have had multiple EDD changes. I've had 4 myself since my 7/16 order. No VIN yet.

There is a lot of decision making going on with the new "baseline" Model Y. Plus, the new 4680 battery pack intro across the board. I never thought for one momnt that my Model Y would be built in Austin. With my new EDD of 11/5 - 11/25, I'm not so sure now! I saw a photo of a model Y at Giga Austin, then covered and spirited away.

Crazy times, I will just keep buying more stuff that I think I will need for My Y.
What have you bought so far?

Careful... That can get out of hand very fast! I went a little over the top with accessories.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
Just got told my car is arriving today at Tesla and I might be able to pickup a little before my scheduled date of 9/3.

All cash, already paid, insurance done, verified my dmv stuff with them, no trade in. Hopefully should be very easy.

They said it takes a few days to inspect and prepare, killing me knowing it’s sitting there.

Reactions: renzito and pcmike
Just got told my car is arriving today at Tesla and I might be able to pickup a little before my scheduled date of 9/3.

All cash, already paid, insurance done, verified my dmv stuff with them, no trade in. Hopefully should be very easy.

They said it takes a few days to inspect and prepare, killing me knowing it’s sitting there.
Tomorrow at 10:30!! Tried to get them to let me do it today but they ignored that request lol.

Reactions: renzito and Ormond