Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I just hit a point that I am actually very unhappy with. I just watched my Oct 16th time frame jump back to December now and what blows my mind is that the MYP would be here in 3-4 weeks, and they claim the "least popular and less ordered" model, so they have extras. I do not know how true that is, but it is actually getting concerning now. This sounds bad, but I am tempted to order the MYP, enjoy it while I can, and sell it once I get a VIN for my MYLR, LOL. Yeah, this is very odd lately, and I understand the fires/hurricanes and everything but the MYP has seen the timeframe sink while the MYLR jumps into forever territory. But yeah, just trying to think about what I want to do now because I was hoping to get the car in October, and normally I am not worried about EDD until I checked today, and that jumped way too far back. Does anyone else have that happen?

PS If I did want to do what I said, I am keeping the MYLR order and prefer it because I got both the car and FSD for the lowest prices.
I noticed a few MYP appear in inventory today, and I was tempted to buy one. My EDD on my MYLR order has been November-December for a while.

Well, I just hit a point that I am actually very unhappy with. I just watched my Oct 16th time frame jump back to December now and what blows my mind is that the MYP would be here in 3-4 weeks, and they claim the "least popular and less ordered" model, so they have extras. I do not know how true that is, but it is actually getting concerning now. This sounds bad, but I am tempted to order the MYP, enjoy it while I can, and sell it once I get a VIN for my MYLR, LOL. Yeah, this is very odd lately, and I understand the fires/hurricanes and everything but the MYP has seen the timeframe sink while the MYLR jumps into forever territory. But yeah, just trying to think about what I want to do now because I was hoping to get the car in October, and normally I am not worried about EDD until I checked today, and that jumped way too far back. Does anyone else have that happen?

PS If I did want to do what I said, I am keeping the MYLR order and prefer it because I got both the car and FSD for the lowest prices.
Just pickup a M3SR+ LFP from inventory for now..

I bet it will jump back to Oct in a few days and again Back to Nov after that. Mine jumped so many times. The final jump was forward. I have not figured Tesla out on the EDD‘s. I had ordered my MYLR May 9th, Black on Black, 7 Seat, Gemini, getting it next week on Sept 10th. Many ordered way after me and got theirs or getting them around now.

I bet it will jump back to Oct in a few days and again Back to Nov after that. Mine jumped so many times. The final jump was forward. I have not figured Tesla out on the EDD‘s. I had ordered my MYLR May 9th, Black on Black, 7 Seat, Gemini, getting it next week on Sept 10th. Many ordered way after me and got theirs or getting them around now.
Dang man, May??? I’m already hearing people with July orders getting VINs now. Glad you got yours but yeah I’m trying to figure what to do. I might just get the M3SR+ to get my trade in over with and have an electric car now. I just don’t like the model 3, sits too low to the ground for my taste but Miami and Orlando were loaded with them in the inventory. I’m hoping it will jump back but I really am tempted to just pick up something now. I just really hate these gas prices.

Just pickup a M3SR+ LFP from inventory for now..
I’m curious about this though. So, I am tempted to do it but what’s the trade in value like after the fact? I see a new model in Tampa exactly like yours for 39,990. Pretty much I can have it paid in full but that means there goes my model y money. When it comes time to trade in, will I break even (including tax, title, and all that jazz)? I almost think I’ll lose less with my current trade in verse the Tesla trade in :( idk, so tough to decide what to do. Just would like to not lose more money than I have to. This is suppose to be a graduation gift to myself for finishing nursing school 🤦🏻‍♂️ Turning out to be tougher/rougher than my actual courses. Always like to hear what everyone thinks, gives me so things to think about.

Dang man, May??? I’m already hearing people with July orders getting VINs now. Glad you got yours but yeah I’m trying to figure what to do. I might just get the M3SR+ to get my trade in over with and have an electric car now. I just don’t like the model 3, sits too low to the ground for my taste but Miami and Orlando were loaded with them in the inventory. I’m hoping it will jump back but I really am tempted to just pick up something now. I just really hate these gas prices.
Tell me about it! I sold my X3 days before the end of my lease, pocketed some cash, and then completed my MY profile. EDD is sometime in December (not too confident about that). That was a couple weeks ago and I couldn’t stand to contemplate the insane wait, so I scheduled another MY test drive last week and on my way to the test drive my buddy texts me that they just dropped a ton of LFP M3SR+ into inventory and they’re about 44k out the door. Before I even started the test drive I got a trade in quote on my wife’s Volvo from Tesla (it was wayy too low). 😭 Mind you, we’ve only had the Volvo for 11 of 36 months. Anyhow, while on the test drive I setup an appraisal at autobuy for 30mins after the test drive. Ended up going and getting a much more reasonable offer (I was gonna have to come out of pocket $2,000 to ditch the Volvo). Quickly talked it over with the wife (on the phone mind you) and she said hell ya, let’s do it. What sealed the deal were the gas receipts she happened to have sitting next to her when I called.. nearly $250 last month alone. So I quickly left autobuy and went to the WPB SC and asked to test drive a M3, but before I did that I said, screw it… let me just drop the $250 on an inventory M3SR+. Literally had never driven one, but put in an order and got a VIN (actually got to choose from a list of vehicles en route, which was cool) all before test driving the M3SR+. Anyhow, the test drive was cool.. car drove fine… better than the 2020 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD in my opinion. Went home, realized losing $2K wasn’t really cool, called every Volvo dealer in the state to try and walk away from the lease and got met with “we can’t buy your Volvo unless we sell you another.” Ended up really upset and posted a rant on leasehackr about how VCFS lease agreements have got to be illegal (Volvo leases are closed ended and you can’t sell the vehicle to a third party, including a Volvo dealership… the only person with the option to buy the car is the leasee). Of course I ruffled some feathers because “I signed the contract” etc, but ended up getting some good advice to just call VCFS on Monday and ask to terminate the lease early and I likely wouldn’t have to pay anything (due to the high used car market). Ended up applying for a DCU membership and loan for the M3SR+ which got instant approved and the next day (Sunday) emailed the documents to Tesla to rate match (1.24%). Called VCFS on Monday, got the OK to drop the Volvo off within the next 10 days without penalty. Over the week I got everything squared away with Tesla, cancelled the DCU loan, and this afternoon I setup delivery for the M3SR+ on Monday morning. Couldn’t be more excited to start saving $250/mo on gas and finally be paying towards owning a car for once (I’ve always leased cars). The monthly payment on the M3SR+ is actually less than the Volvo lease, granted it’s a 6yr loan… but still, no more worrying about miles or gas prices! Hopefully this M3SR+ will tide me over until my MY order comes. Oh and I’m already set for charging at home… I had a gen3 wall connector installed a couple months ago. 😭

Last edited:
I’m curious about this though. So, I am tempted to do it but what’s the trade in value like after the fact? I see a new model in Tampa exactly like yours for 39,990. Pretty much I can have it paid in full but that means there goes my model y money. When it comes time to trade in, will I break even (including tax, title, and all that jazz)? I almost think I’ll lose less with my current trade in verse the Tesla trade in :( idk, so tough to decide what to do. Just would like to not lose more money than I have to. This is suppose to be a graduation gift to myself for finishing nursing school 🤦🏻‍♂️ Turning out to be tougher/rougher than my actual courses. Always like to hear what everyone thinks, gives me so things to think about.
You may lose some money and only you can make the call as to if it’s worth it or not. The M3SR+ isn’t going to be my personal car; I’ll still be driving around in my dad’s old manual smart car (he agreed to let me use it back when I said I was gonna sell my X3 lease to make a quick buck, as we still need two cars in our household for both my wife and I to get to work easily) until my MY order materializes. I’m really hating every minute of it, but my MYLR order is currently $4K cheaper than the going price and I also am not willing to spend an additional $14K to get a MYP now. Happy to be able to drive my wife’s M3SR+ here and there to keep me from any rash financial decisions!

The way I see it, there are two big positives going for you in waiting for your MY… 1) potential tax credit is just around the corner, 2) Austin produced MY is likely. I would keep waiting if I were you!

Last edited:

You could probably sell the MYP for a profit. Have you looked at what pre owned MYP's are going for?

You may lose some money and only you can make the call as to if it’s worth it or not. The M3SR+ isn’t going to be my personal car; I’ll still be driving around in my dad’s old manual smart car (he agreed to let me use it back when I said I was gonna sell my X3 lease to make a quick buck, as we still need two cars in our household for both my wife and I to get to work easily) until my MY order materializes. I’m really hating every minute of it, but my MYLR order is currently $4K cheaper than the going price and I also am not willing to spend an additional $14K to get a MYP now. Happy to be able to drive my wife’s M3SR+ here and there to keep me from any rash financial decisions!

The way I see it, there are two big positives going for you in waiting for your MY… 1) potential tax credit is just around the corner, 2) Austin produced MY is likely. I would keep waiting if I were you!
Yeah, I might sit and wait for cause, sadly, I don’t need two cars. I’d easily keep the M3 otherwise. Currently, I have a wonderful trade-in value with Carvana and have till the 20th to give it to them, which was no problem when I had the October date. Now with this insane pushback, I might have to try again and see a huge decrease cause I’ll need to put more miles on the car, the market value stabilizes, or something happens. Currently, I’m $3000 more than what I paid for the car and $4000 more than Tesla’s offer. So this is why I’m trying to scramble numbers. I’m going to plug my car back in Carvana today with an extra 1000 miles, see how much it tanks today, and maybe judge my outcomes. I wish I could find out how much Tesla will give for an M3SR+ trade-in. People have said Tesla pays better for their own cars.

EDIT1: I just tested Carvana, and the value dropped as of 9/4/21 from $17,516 to $17,004. So, not a HUGE loss, but again, I really do not want to keep adding more miles and paying gas. Time to crunch a lot of numbers and see who wins. Sadly, I think sitting back on the crazy train is still the best option, as you have said.

EDIT2: So, I found a VIN for a 21' M3SR+ on Carvana and just wanted to test the water for trade-in value. So, Carvana: $41,070 (not excluding the ~$2500 for taxes). VROOM: *Still waiting, will update*. TESLA: *Still waiting, will update*. WeBuyAnyCar: $40951 (not excluding the ~$2500 for taxes).
You could probably sell the MYP for a profit. Have you looked at what pre owned MYP's are going for?
I was trying to look at that with some VINs I’ve seen posted on the inventory lists and most companies are giving $1,000-2,000 less than what is shown (not including tax, delivery, and stuff) so potentially $4,000-5,000 loss. Now the LR is a different story lol. That has all the value and is the price of the MYP right now for resale which is NUTS. Pretty much if a LR owner wanted a MYP but didn’t want to pay that price before now has a chance to get one for pretty much nothing extra. I’m just going to hold off and hope everything goes back to normal.

Last edited:

It happened to me too -similar MYLR from Tampa. From Nov to Oct and now to Dec.

Reactions: Samier_RN
I am doing the front two and windshield ASAP when I get it next weekend god willing. Elon should really give us all supercharger miles for making us wait months for this car!
You may want to consider tinting all your windows. Tesla tints are purely cosmetic with no true heat/UV protection. I will be doing the back, rear side windows, and roof with the clear ceramic for UV protection in addition to the front side and windshield.

So my Home Wall Charger issues continue. I got the 18 Feet Wall charger delivered last week. The fasting bolts plus instruction manual were missing even though new factory sealed box. I’ve called Tesla 888 number which was no help advising me they cannot do anything referring me to the online shop support via email. Called my center which advised the same. Called Fort Lauderdale center which do not have any in stock plus also referred me to web support. I emailed web support on Monday with still no response to date.
Now I see that the Tesla web offered a 24 foot version this morning. What gives. I ordered a new 24 foot version today and will try to return the 18 foot unit. Wonder how that will go as so far my Tesla experience is not great. Still love the car and the company. Still have my Y scheduled for Sept 10th pick up and eventually the first 35K CT next year. Support does seem weak.

Reactions: Crisro and Ormond
So this boy is getting a M3SR+ to hold me over. Here is why.

I found a VIN for a 21' M3SR+ (My previous VIN was a 20’ apparently)

Carvana: $43,777 (not excluding the ~$2500 for taxes).
VROOM: $41,987 (not excluding the ~$2500 for taxes).
TESLA: *Still waiting, will update*.
WeBuyAnyCar: $42,312 (not excluding the ~$2500 for taxes).

Edit: Just placed my M3SR+ order and VIN instant taking delivery sept 20th. Super serious question: should I place my model y on hold? Reason is, I have the cheaper price and I don’t mind waiting for the Texas model. Thoughts? I’m just happy to have a Tesla for now but thinking about that trade in value. We all know it won’t last.

Last edited:
Reactions: renzito and Ormond
So my Home Wall Charger issues continue. I got the 18 Feet Wall charger delivered last week. The fasting bolts plus instruction manual were missing even though new factory sealed box. I’ve called Tesla 888 number which was no help advising me they cannot do anything referring me to the online shop support via email. Called my center which advised the same. Called Fort Lauderdale center which do not have any in stock plus also referred me to web support. I emailed web support on Monday with still no response to date.
Now I see that the Tesla web offered a 24 foot version this morning. What gives. I ordered a new 24 foot version today and will try to return the 18 foot unit. Wonder how that will go as so far my Tesla experience is not great. Still love the car and the company. Still have my Y scheduled for Sept 10th pick up and eventually the first 35K CT next year. Support does seem weak.
Reports are
So this boy is getting a M3SR+ to hold me over. Here is why.

I found a VIN for a 21' M3SR+ (My previous VIN was a 20’ apparently)

Carvana: $43,777 (not excluding the ~$2500 for taxes).
VROOM: $41,987 (not excluding the ~$2500 for taxes).
TESLA: *Still waiting, will update*.
WeBuyAnyCar: $42,312 (not excluding the ~$2500 for taxes).

Edit: Just placed my M3SR+ order and VIN instant taking delivery sept 20th. Super serious question: should I place my model y on hold? Reason is, I have the cheaper price and I don’t mind waiting for the Texas model. Thoughts? I’m just happy to have a Tesla for now but thinking about that trade in value. We all know it won’t last.
I’d put it on hold, but that’s me and I really would prefer a Texas made MY, preferably one a few months into production with as many new changes as possible! I also really want the $10K tax credit on my MYLR. I’d prefer an LFP LR if such a beast existed… or more 4680s. 326*.80 is essentially the same range as a 100% charged M3SR+ LFP. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reports are

I’d put it on hold, but that’s me and I really would prefer a Texas made MY, preferably one a few months into production with as many new changes as possible! I also really want the $10K tax credit on my MYLR.
You think I’ll get the tax break on my M3? I have not been paying attention to the reports. I called Tesla about if the hold would ruin my lowest price and they told me no and I can hold for a year. I haven’t done it yet. I will wait to drive the M3 and see if my body and mind can handle the low feel and go from there. I don’t mind waiting if I enjoy the drive. Thanks for the insight, a hold might come unless that tax break is only for Model Ys, at that point I’ll wait and just do the original plan and trade in.

Reactions: Ormond