Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately It was one of the worst delivery experience I have had with any vehicle or product. I have owned pretty much every vehicle brand over the years, with the exception of super cars. Since I have nothing nice to say it is best I leave it at that.

Max
I went through a similar experience so I echo those sentiments.

All I'll say is that if there's any issues, go through the app. My alignment was off and the front wheels had to get rebalanced, along with a few other things. Brought the car to the service center in Delray and they took care of everything in one day.

Reactions: cdye1212

All I'll say is that if there's any issues, go through the app. My alignment was off and the front wheels had to get rebalanced, along with a few other things. Brought the car to the service center in Delray and they took care of everything in one day.

The poor delivery and service experience was not related to the vehicle issues. I fully expected to have some quality control issues. I booked service with Delray after Mario is done. If Delray does do a “house” call this week they will do it at Mario’s.

Reactions: DMateo
The poor delivery and service experience was not related to the vehicle issues. I fully expected to have some quality control issues. I booked service with Delray after Mario is done. If Delray does do a “house” call this week they will do it at Mario’s.
It'll all be worth it, sorry to hear about your experience. I kept going inside that day as I kept seeing more and more issues the day I took delivery and all I kept being told was "go through the app."

Unfortunate that a few individuals can sour such an exciting day.

Reactions: Ormond
It'll all be worth it, sorry to hear about your experience. I kept going inside that day as I kept seeing more and more issues the day I took delivery and all I kept being told was "go through the app."

Unfortunate that a few individuals can sour such an exciting day.
I picked up my MY Lr yesterday and I had a positive yet completely unorthodox car pick up delivery. We did it completely solo. Basically, I checked in and they walked me thru accepting the car and then told me where it was parked. I was very excited. Boiling in the sun was my biggest downer. Brutal actually. They really should have some tarps or at least turn on the ac remotely so you do not fry sitting inside. I actually helped someone accepting a m3 next to me who had condensation in a rear taillight. I gave her my checklist. She was clueless and was just in love and was going to check it out at home. Another m3 behind me had scratches underneath and a messed up under the front bumper. I only had a slight misalignment to the hatch and already made my home appointment so far. Car was perfect otherwise. Went straight for tints and I am checking it our more closely today since I am within my 100 miles and in my garage. I was apprehensive charging in my garage but woke up to 296 miles. Definitely a completely different car buying experience but it may the future. 600 cars a week they are delivering!

I picked up my MY Lr yesterday and I had a positive yet completely unorthodox car pick up delivery. We did it completely solo. Basically, I checked in and they walked me thru accepting the car and then told me where it was parked. I was very excited. Boiling in the sun was my biggest downer. Brutal actually. They really should have some tarps or at least turn on the ac remotely so you do not fry sitting inside. I actually helped someone accepting a m3 next to me who had condensation in a rear taillight. I gave her my checklist. She was clueless and was just in love and was going to check it out at home. Another m3 behind me had scratches underneath and a messed up under the front bumper. I only had a slight misalignment to the hatch and already made my home appointment so far. Car was perfect otherwise. Went straight for tints and I am checking it our more closely today since I am within my 100 miles and in my garage. I was apprehensive charging in my garage but woke up to 296 miles. Definitely a completely different car buying experience but it may the future. 600 cars a week they are delivering!
Speaking of heat, my key cards were completely warped.. One of the items on my list, they were replaced with no questions asked.

Reactions: Crisro
Tampa Folk, my experience this far.

I actually ordered my MYLR at the Tampa service center. Building was fairly empty with helpful if not highly knowledgable sales folk.

Initially, I have found it virtually impossible to call the service center with some initial post-order questions. Nothing urgent. So, for the past 2 months, any questions I have had about EDD date changes, trade, have been made to the sales center. People do answer the phones and assist.

I'm not griping, just sharing my personal experience.

• Helpful
Has any one had experience with the Tesla on line shop? I have been e-mailing [email protected] since Sept 1st for the Wall Charger received with missing parts, no response. Calling the Tesla general 888-518-3752 number only results in a representative telling me I need to go through the specified email. Calling or physically going to the service center(s) results in the same direction to the aforementioned email. After losing patience I’ve since ordered a second wall charger due to arrive next week. Requested a return for the first unit showed I would be contacted with 24 to 48 hours, that was days ago (business days). It is somewhat frustrating at this point.
Max

Reactions: Samier_RN
Has any one had experience with the Tesla on line shop? I have been e-mailing [email protected] since Sept 1st for the Wall Charger received with missing parts, no response. Calling the Tesla general 888-518-3752 number only results in a representative telling me I need to go through the specified email. Calling or physically going to the service center(s) results in the same direction to the aforementioned email. After losing patience I’ve since ordered a second wall charger due to arrive next week. Requested a return for the first unit showed I would be contacted with 24 to 48 hours, that was days ago (business days). It is somewhat frustrating at this point.
Max
I've ordered many items from Tesla Shop, but have never had to return anything out had issue with it. If all else fails, I would file a dispute with the credit card company you used. They'll likely ask you to provide any supporting documentation of your communication efforts so I'd save those emails. That'll definitely get their attention.

• Helpful
I've ordered many items from Tesla Shop, but have never had to return anything out had issue with it. If all else fails, I would file a dispute with the credit card company you used. They'll likely ask you to provide any supporting documentation of your communication efforts so I'd save those emails. That'll definitely get their attention.
Good idea. I’ll do that by Tuesday end of day giving them two more business days to respond.

Reactions: DMateo
What charger is everyone intending to use at home? Is the wall connector the general consensus? My HOA wasn't too keen on me having a true wall connector outside (no garage at my townhouse) so I set up a NEMA 14-50 and purchased this 25 foot charger. The one that came with the vehicle was a few feet to short to meet my needs.

What charger is everyone intending to use at home? Is the wall connector the general consensus? My HOA wasn't too keen on me having a true wall connector outside (no garage at my townhouse) so I set up a NEMA 14-50 and purchased this 25 foot charger. The one that came with the vehicle was a few feet to short to meet my needs.

im using wall connector w/24ft cord, says it was shipped

My second wall charger due to arrive next week Sept 14th is the same 24ft version from Tesla as winfield100 ordered. Hopefully this one will arrive with all the parts. The first one received was the 18ft version.
Assuming you wanted one and 24ft works in place of the 25ft, I’d provide your HOA with the specs on the Tesla unit suggesting it’s the safest unit while being the most aesthetically pleasing. Maybe bend …

My second wall charger due to arrive next week Sept 14th is the same 24ft version from Tesla as winfield100 ordered. Hopefully this one will arrive with all the parts. The first one received was the 18ft version.
Assuming you wanted one and 24ft works in place of the 25ft, I’d provide your HOA with the specs on the Tesla unit suggesting it’s the safest unit while being the most aesthetically pleasing. Maybe bend …

"while being the most aesthetically pleasing."

A Must have for any HOA checklist
😉