Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford slashes Mach-E prices by up to $5,900... offers refunds to customers that paid higher price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 8.53.02 AM.jpg

Mach-E customers already waiting on their order will be given the adjusted price when their vehicle arrives, and current owners will hear from Ford for "personal offers" designed to refund the difference in price they paid before the cuts, Gjaja said on a phone call with reporters.

Always going to be following Tesla.
Damned if they do, damned if they don't :D

I at least appreciate that they're throwing an olive branch out to those that paid the higher prices. Granted, I'm not among the mob of pissed off Tesla owners because we got our Model Y order in after the price cuts :p

and current owners will hear from Ford for "personal offers" designed to refund the difference in price they paid before the cuts, Gjaja said on a phone call with reporters.”

Sure they will :rolleyes:
🤷‍♂️

Damned if they do, damned if they don't :D

I at least appreciate that they're throwing an olive branch out to those that paid the higher prices. Granted, I'm not among the mob of pissed off Tesla owners because we got our Model Y order in after the price cuts :p

🤷‍♂️
Don’t think they’re gonna refund that market adjustment though… 🤪

"Ford CEO Jim Farley has publicly set his sights on Tesla, vowing last spring to unseat Musk's car company as the top seller of electric vehicles. The Dearborn, Michigan-based automaker is also making changes to the way it sells EV to more closely emulate Tesla's direct-sale model, a move that has rankled dealers."

Always going to be following ..... Tesla. If your not "rankling" people you can't be successful.

Last edited:
Uh... did anyone notice what actually changed?

The MME Select has been cut to the mid-$40s. That vehicle does not have an extended range battery, it gets about 220 miles of range on a full charge.

The MME Premium has been cut to the low-$50s. That vehicle does not come with an extended range battery and gets about the same range. The difference between the Premium and the Select mostly has to do with onboard sensors.

The Extended Range Battery, which is only an option for the Premium, now costs $7,000. That's the only way to get to 270+ miles of range with an MME.

So, if you want a car that can handle a 100+ mile road trip, you will not be getting a tax rebate.

This price drop doesn't make the MME competitive with any of Tesla's vehicles. It just means there's less of a rip off at the time of purchase.

Also, regarding timing. It takes 6 - 12 months to custom order an MME. Dealers only sell the ones where customers failed to take delivery.

This has several implications. First, even if you order an MME today, you are not getting it before March. Better hope the Treasury rules don't exclude you from buying one.

Second, unless dealers are willing to forego additional markup, people buying Premiums will not be getting the tax credit.

This still isn't enough of a drop. I ordered a Mach-E Cal Route last September (the AWD LR version). For me, it was comparable to the Y LR. This cut is still not as competitive, and is above the tax rebate threshold. To make it competitive, they'd have needed to drop below that.

I cancelled my mach-e order last week and got my $500 refunded. Even with an early September order, the car wouldn't have been delivered until mid April earliest (I had a March 13th build date).

The mach-e is a nice car, but it needs to come down more in price to be competitive.

Based on discussion on the Ford forums - it seems Ford hopes they can get the Mach-E reclassified as an SUV, so the tax rebate threshold is higher. That seems a long shot, unless the Y gets it too.

Dealer mark-up doesn't change the MSRP, so they can mark vehicles up, or down, as much as they want, and it won't change the tax credit qualifications.

hmm. I hope the days of mark vehicles down return soon. Found a dealer at Barrett Jackson that said they are doing MSRP no mark up(even during pandemic) Lets see.

So select RWD could be 46K-7.5K= $38.5K?? That would be close to what I paid for my SR 3.

I also liked their luxury PHEV Corsair leather/interiors, maybe Aviator for the 3rd row. Does Ford make any other 3 row PHEV's that're competitive in reliability? Worried about major defects unlike TSLA OTA "recalls"

Re: March delivery isn't that a problem for TSLA, GM not FORD?

Reactions: zoomer0056
hmm. I hope the days of mark vehicles down return soon. Found a dealer at Barrett Jackson that said they are doing MSRP no mark up(even during pandemic) Lets see.

So select RWD could be 46K-7.5K= $38.5K?? That would be close to what I paid for my SR 3.

Re: March delivery isn't that a problem for TSLA, GM not FORD?
They’re already here. We markdown i4, and iX all the time!

There’s just too many rubes out there willing to pay full boat and then some for….a Ford.

• Funny
Reactions: vickh