TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Four reasons owning a Model S has been bad for me...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ozweepay, Sep 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ozweepay

ozweepay Member

Sorry for the (deliberate) misleading title, but I wanted to make people smile... I hope there are no users who are avoiding the thread thinking it's a rant.

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Talk about the perfect alternative to the "couch"!

wife: you're sleeping on the couch tonight!
    husband: YES MA'AM!!!

3. jpet

jpet Jan P.

Your wife and my wife should meet someday. They seem to think alike and have at least one subject they can talk about: their Tesla crazy husbands. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Well, now that you know all our little secrets, think carefully before pressing that order button.
    You can no longer pretend that we didn't warn you... :wink:

4. GreenT

GreenT verT

You seriously have to ask?

My SO thought we were going shopping in Palm Beach ... in an industrial area.

5. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Well, this thread might just be what sends me over the ordering edge!

6. Pete90D

Pete90D Fan of Red Lights

Wait, there are cons? nobody told me anything about cons! The wool has been pulled over my eyes. I'm going to go burn off this steam by driving around in my car for a few hours.... soooooo ANGRY!

7. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Have you taken a test drive yet, if you have not then don't until you are serious.

8. keydiver

keydiver Supporting Member

You should have dropped her off at the Palm Beach Outlets about 5 miles south of the SC. Yeh, Riviera Beach is a bad area.
    (I pick up my new Titanium Metallic S70D there on Tuesday! :biggrin:)

9. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

I took a nap in my car the first night it was in my garage.

10. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Yeah, it's rough, but someone's got to do it...saving the environment while driving in style. :biggrin:

Tell your girfriend that you love her more, so much more that you're driving her around in the safest car ever built.

Larry

11. Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel Member

Last night my girlfriend caught me standing naked in front of the open charging flap.

Reminds me of when I was working at the local Mexican restaurant and got my hand caught in the dishwasher.

They fired both of us.

Was that off-topic?

12. linkster

linkster Active Member

You Ludicrous owners are banned from this thread as it makes us (ME!) "classic" owners CRAAAZY jealous. :biggrin::biggrin:

13. CatB

CatB Member

Just to prove this isn't a guy-only thing...
    A good friend invited her boyfriend and his single guy friend and me to dinner to introduce us.
    We ended up talking about cars.
    Afterwards, she told me the guys said "she doesn't need a boyfriend, she has a Tesla!"

*sigh* I didn't realize it was a mutually exclusive choice...:rolleyes:

14. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

we feel your pain, Pete, you've been ranting about it for days. Giving a ride to the guy who hits you?!? That is addiction.

15. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

Just got back from a drive down Hwy 17 and Hwy 1 to Aptos (south of Santa Cruz). Beautiful day at the beach and we were lucky to spot a sea lion and several dolphins as well.

And, all I am reliving in my mind at this moment is the drive around the twisties of Hwy 17. Gosh, I love this car. Yes, my wife's pretty sure too that "Tessie" is my true love. :)

16. Pete90D

Pete90D Fan of Red Lights

Addiction no, lightening the mood of a situation where he was clearly upset about hitting an expensive car... yes, and it worked.

Happy to hear you got to take the car out on 17! It's a really nice drive! If you ever have the chance to drive it late (after midnight) on a week night, it's nice and open.

17. Duma

Duma Member

I fully agree that the Model S channels the spirit of a cheetah. I am reminded of the comment of a friend while observing a cheetah on safari, "Doesn't she just look fast." So true, and with cat's eyes to match. All that is missing is some wicked incisors when opening the frunk.

BTW, my forum name is Swahili for... cheetah. :p

18. David99

David99 Active Member

I never spent time on any online communities of any vehicle I ever owned in my life except the Model S.
    I used to avoid using the car (my old ICE), now I try to find an excuse to drive more.
    Flying seems totally overrated to me. I'd rather drive.
    I used to avoid getting lots of mines on my car. Now I want to be in the top of the list of people with the most miles.

19. jerry33

jerry33 (S85-3/2/13 traded in) X LR: F2611##-3/27/20

At one time flying was a good experience, but then deregulation hit and now it's the equivalent of a bus ride only with more cramped seating--something to be avoided unless there is a substantial body of water between you and your destination.

20. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

I was active in online forums about a couple if airplanes I owned, and was an avid pilot, but;
    now I want to drive my Tesla;
    i have d riven my Tesla more miles this year than I have ever driven any other car I ever owned;