Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Autopilot Trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm actually on day 5 of my trial here in Toronto. It's pretty cool although I'm constantly aware of my surroundings. Not feeling comfortable to relax too much. I am understanding why some people have had some accidents while on autopilot (but I feel they may have not been using it in the best of street conditions- it's ideal for highways).

Anyway, since the last update (and receiving my free trial) I am getting problems with my GPS. Sometimes it'll freeze at a location and won't reset for another 12 hours or so. Because my car reads that I'm in a residential/work area it won't let me reach 100km/h for EAP when I'm on the highway). I've contacted Tesla and they seemed confused as to why this is happening. Plus they haven't gotten back to me like they said they would.

Anyway, since the last update (and receiving my free trial) I am getting problems with my GPS. Sometimes it'll freeze at a location and won't reset for another 12 hours or so. Because my car reads that I'm in a residential/work area it won't let me reach 100km/h for EAP when I'm on the highway). I've contacted Tesla and they seemed confused as to why this is happening. Plus they haven't gotten back to me like they said they would.

My home location (parked) address is incorrect on the phone app since I got the Autopilot trial software a couple of days ago. Used to be fine before. I'm hoping it'll sort itself out with the next update! But I have not experienced any speed related issues similar to yours on the highway using EAP.

I would really like to know if the trial can be deferred (for more than a few days) since we are going on vacation. Is there a way to contact Tesla about this?

Ask your SC to make a start date the activation period for the trial? Wouldn't be hard for them to code in such a feature - beauty of OTA updates and tailored customer experience. *hint hint Tesla UX designers*.

What happens if you pick up your car and it already had the trial software version installed? I got my car a couple days ago and don’t see any trial. I hope people at the service center didn’t hit “don’t enable my trial” because they were afraid to sign up for anything on a customers car.

What happens if you pick up your car and it already had the trial software version installed? I got my car a couple days ago and don’t see any trial. I hope people at the service center didn’t hit “don’t enable my trial” because they were afraid to sign up for anything on a customers car.

Best to call in and talk to SC first and then they'll likely send a ticket to activate your trial? Seems like an easy thing to do on a computer :)

Don't think so. I thought there was going to be but when I checked out the buy link it's $7,200 - $8,136 including tax here in Ontario. I want it but that's just a bit too steep for me right now.

People have negotiated with their local SC to get it w/o the mark up (possible due to the end of quarter to push profits). $6600 is $6600, negotiate for that 600 off!

Anyone get a popup box saying a autopilot trial is downloading please wait a few minutes? I got it but didn't want to wait but it wouldn't get off my screen when I drove so I reset and didn't see it again....happened two days ago...