Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Destination Charging: 50x L2 80A Stations @ Caltech, Pasadena, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

Looking fwd. to testing it myself tomorrow!

• Funny
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Successfully tested the new DCFC station with QCP's JdeMO system and everything worked exactly as expected. HUGE thx again to @MITE46 for adding this unit to what is an already impressive array of EVSEs at this location and to @TonyWilliams for the tireless hours of R&D to bring CHadeMO charging to an aging "fleet" of vehicles running first gen Tesla hardware.
IMG_2530.JPEG

For local MS/MX/M☰ owners in the SGV, as shown in the previous photos, @MITE46 has also kindly supplied a CHadeMO adapter for you (rightfully tethered). While I was charging this morning, I had the added pleasure of meeting @Elon'sCousin who was there to charge his MS so we're documenting its condition below so we can see how long it lasts looking like this ;)
IMG_2524.JPG

IMG_1412.JPG
IMG_1417.JPG
IMG_1421.JPG
IMG_1424.JPG
IMG_1427.JPG

This is by far the best thread in the Charging Standard and Infrastructure sub-forum. So much could be learned by large venues (sports stadiums, mega churches, malls) in offering this level of charging service.
That's what we are hoping to do. Help accelerate large scale ev charging instructure.

We added live statistics on two 70inch monitors yesterday. We give a lot of tours of the charging facility so this will help people understand what's going on.

When in doubt, read the OP (first post)
If all spots are occupied the load might be spread out as 6 kW per spot but if demand scheduling allows a spot can pull up to 19.2 kW.

The first post is about the deployment at Caltech, it's made very clear what the capabilities of those are.

The post I quoted was about the 2nd deployment at Mountain View High School. As far as I can see, nowhere in this thread has there been an explanation of their capabilities. Which is why I asked.

Reactions: Fiver
View attachment 234702 View attachment 234703 View attachment 234704 View attachment 234705 View attachment 234706

That's what we are hoping to do. Help accelerate large scale ev charging instructure.

We added live statistics on two 70inch monitors yesterday. We give a lot of tours of the charging facility so this will help people understand what's going on.

This is a wonderful spot to charge. I stop in about once a week in the evening to charge for a few hours after work, and the chargers are fantastic and the people are very friendly.

I noticed today that the fast DC charger had a Tesla adapter, so I gave it a try but was unable to get it to work (when I plugged in the charge port didn't light up). I noticed that there was a card reader on the console. Does it require an account to charge?