Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Bumper Upgrade Offered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came across a vendor offering an upgrade to the Model S front bumper that looks very similar to the redesigned Model S front bumper. I'm wondering how many people would be interested in such an upgrade at a $3,450 plus shipping. Looks nice to me, but can't tell from the photos how the sensors and radar appear. Also don't know anything about the manufacturer or the quality of the build.

This is from a UK company but appears to be offered to owners in the US.
http://www.teslafacelift.uk/

Thoughts?

I think I like the retrofit bumper better than the actual new OEM bumper, but are they much different or am I getting faked out? It seems the non-OEM is a little more aerodynamic: retrofit vs OEM. (I used Lloyds pics from another thread)
tfl_hdri_angle_2_srm_ofmiiu.jpg
20160428_152209-jpg.174399

I think they are all improvements over the nose cone.

That Saleen one could have been great if they got the alignment right with the front bumper and hood. Unfortunately they botched the lines.

Agree. Botched the fluidity of the design -- too many lines going too many places.

BTW, just placed a deposit for the facelift, but won't have it until August.

Reactions: Reekdog
Agree. Botched the fluidity of the design -- too many lines going too many places.

Nice that someone is getting this, eager to see it. How does this process work? Do they ship the bumper from the UK and you have a 3rd party install or do they have a shop here? And is it 3k for the bumper and additional install cost?

According to their advertisement, the front bumper is sold for $3,450.00 and the shipping cost is in addition. They will ship the front bumper to a "qualified body repair shop" of your choosing. This is advised as not a DIY installation. What the qualified body repair shop charges for installation is your negotiation and your expense.

Hey, artsi: the Facelift has been reduced to $2,500, and the deposit reduced to $500. I thought you'd want to know so you could reach out to them to be sure you weren't charged the higher price. I just took the plunge as well.

Reactions: Reekdog
let's say i take a hammer to my current front bumper. go to a body shop. DON'T involve insurance companies. just say "please replace" and pay cash for it.

would the body shop get the new bumper from Tesla? why don't we do that?

From what I understand, and this is by no means definitive, the new Tesla bumper wouldn't be a direct replacement. The Frunk trim pieces and hood are different, and likely other items we don't yet know about. However, I'd bet at Tesla prices, you'd be around $2,500 after paint anyways (not including the different/extra pieces you would need to make it work). I could be wrong about this, but I think the consensus is that the new bumper will not retrofit without changing a lot of other items as well.