Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming you are looking at something other than the factory frame, then my suggestion is The Bandit. Expensive at $100, it does what it's supposed to do and IMO looks good. It doesn't stick to the bumper (i.e., no double-sided tape), it bolts to the grill under the bumper and doesn't interfere with any of the sensors.

It doesn't bolt to the underside of the bumper, where it would decrease the amount of space you have for clearing curbs and parking lot cement blocks.

ref: Model 3 Front License Plate Bracket DIY

Last edited:
Assuming you are looking at something other than the factory frame, then my suggestion is The Bandit. Expensive at $100, it does what it's supposed to do and IMO looks good. It doesn't stick to the bumper (i.e., no double-sided tape), it bolts to the grill under the bumper and doesn't interfere with any of the sensors.

It doesn't bolt to the underside of the bumper, where it would decrease the amount of space you have for clearing curbs and parking lot cement blocks.

ref: Model 3 Front License Plate Bracket DIY

Yes, The Bandit is terrific. Easy installation. Doesn’t touch the frame. Doesn’t block the air intake. Have had it for 10 months. No problems. Expensive? Maybe. But, it’s excellent.

If you’re in California, this looks slick:

https://licenseplatewrap.com/

Agree!

EE851153-3554-45D9-9D76-8AB1B4BFDA32.jpeg

Reactions: Vaillant
Stock...why not?

Trying to think if I would ever want no front plate on this car? Nope, looks like it got punched in the face with that big frontal plane and not plate breaking up the space. I do not believe I will get one dollar more if I sell it without the factory plate holder in place? Never going to happen.

Perhaps a plate holder blocking the bottom grill? Why? Does it look better with the plate down lower? Nope again, I will assume the grill is there for a reason.

To each their own.

Well maybe...how about a retractable?

Last edited: