Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As soon as we are provided with an example of Vision running on a car with RCCC cameras, or are offered HW upgrades, then all of the speculation can go away. Until then, there is no evidence that our cars can run vision, and thus are EOL for all AP features.
I'm glad you phrased it as "speculation". The earlier post sound to me as more like fact. Perhaps I misunderstood your post :)
I know of two vins from March 2017 and April 2017 in the FSD beta. Of course that doesn't mean it will become a done deal at this point.

I only know that the March 2017 has original cameras. Don't know about the April one, but likely it also has original ones based on when the change occurred at the factory.
Did they receive access through EAP or publicly? If they are EAP or internal cars, then they could literally be the reason why Vision wasn't in fact rolled out to these builds publicly. If they are company testers, it's meaningless. The problems exhibited by these individual cars would be the reason they decided to drop support for them going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you phrased it as "speculation". The earlier post sound to me as more like fact. Perhaps I misunderstood your post :)
I know of two vins from March 2017 and April 2017 in the FSD beta. Of course that doesn't mean it will become a done deal at this point.

This is great news and please don’t take this disrespectfully when I ask if you possibly have a source?

There is a A LOT of disappointed and frankly pissed off owners in here who have gotten their hopes up only to be shuttered again. Saying things like this is a spicy game.

FYI, all used Tesla's for sale from Tesla made before Sept 2017 no long have FSD included. Just another datapoint that they never intend to roll out Vision based features for our VIN range.

Oh look, a 2017 with HW3, and now just AP. That means Tesla intentionally removed FSD, because there is no other way it could have been upgraded to HW3.

View attachment 723281
I’ve never shopped used Teslas but there have been many reports of Tesla stripping software from used cars that they own -- and not just from our “old” 2016-17 cars. Nothing like selling 100% profit software twice!

The car you referenced has AP but I could see them leaving AP while stripping FSD simply because all news cars have AP so many buyers would expect AP (or EAP) but not FSD on any car they buy.

Reactions: outdoors
I’ve never shopped used Teslas but there have been many reports of Tesla stripping software from used cars that they own -- and not just from our “old” 2016-17 cars. Nothing like selling 100% profit software twice!

The car you referenced has AP but I could see them leaving AP while stripping FSD simply because all news cars have AP so many buyers would expect AP (or EAP) but not FSD on any car they buy.
Except that newer ones don't have FSD stripped. It's not consistent.

It makes sense to remove the FSD option and let the buyer select whether to add it back or not.

If Tesla advertises saying the car has FSD then removes it - its a problem. Not otherwise.

I think a lot of the reported problems come because someone looks at the car, notices the car has FSD (though Tesla's listing does not show it) - they think they are getting a great deal because they are getting FSD for free. They buy the car and FSD disappears after a day ...

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I have the same questions... also wondering about your source, and if you know that 2 old VINs have FSD Beta, are thye company testers?
If so, then I also fear the following statement:

Did they receive access through EAP or publicly? If they are EAP or internal cars, then they could literally be the reason why Vision wasn't in fact rolled out to these builds publicly. If they are company testers, it's meaningless. The problems exhibited by these individual cars would be the reason they decided to drop support for them going forward.

It makes sense now that the subscription model is available. They are pushing for high subscriber counts to pump their filings and “FSD take rate”
How does that logically follow? Used cars sold by Tesla made between 2018-2020 are largely not having FSD stripped before resale. All 2016-2017 cars have FSD stripped before resale. What does the FSD-sub have to do with that disparity among the same population of cars?

How does that logically follow? Used cars sold by Tesla made between 2018-2020 are largely not having FSD stripped before resale. All 2016-2017 cars have FSD stripped before resale. What does the FSD-sub have to do with that disparity among the same population of cars?

It doesn’t, just my confirmation bias at work here so I don’t go anymore insane than I already am

Tesla has used FSD in their used cars as a cheap way to drive demand and clear inventory- doesn’t cost them anything to activate , but folks value the software. With the extreme demand and low supply for used Teslas, I would expect them to not include fsd in the current environment in most of their used offerings.

Tesla has used FSD in their used cars as a cheap way to drive demand and clear inventory- doesn’t cost them anything to activate , but folks value the software. With the extreme demand and low supply for used Teslas, I would expect them to not include fsd in the current environment in most of their used offerings.
This sounds reasonable and the new buyer would never know if the car ever had it. Same with free supercharging for life. They often turn this off when Tesla owns the car. If sold private it usually stays with the car for our vintage cars and older.

Reactions: pilotSteve