Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the service center today and found a new service advisor. Gave him the last six of vin and had him tell me what is shown in tesla's system. He looked at the build and it said AP2 but on another page it displayed AP3. Then I mentioned to him I had the triple and side repeater cameras upgraded need the B-Pillar ones. I mentioned I browsed on http://epc.tesla.com and couldn't find them. He pinged the parts guy in the back and couple mins later had the B-pillar cam part #'s. They are $165 each and to install it was $19 each I told them to order and would have them install. BTW I talked to the techs there and mentioned changing that pillar camera and they said you have to be careful very fragile. I would recommend having tesla install the triple front and b-pillar cameras why assume the liability on yourself if something should go awry. All cameras are over the counter except the triple as of today. Invoices below ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3434.jpg
    IMG_3434.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Side Repeater.pdf
    232.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Triple Cam and Infotainment.pdf
    147.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Triple Parts EPC Parts Catalog.jpg
    Triple Parts EPC Parts Catalog.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 54
  • repeaters.jpg
    repeaters.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 57
Went to the service center today and found a new service advisor. Gave him the last six of vin and had him tell me what is shown in tesla's system. He looked at the build and it said AP2 but on another page it displayed AP3. Then I mentioned to him I had the triple and side repeater cameras upgraded need the B-Pillar ones. I mentioned I browsed on http://epc.tesla.com and couldn't find them. He pinged the parts guy in the back and couple mins later had the B-pillar cam part #'s. They are $165 each and to install it was $19 each I told them to order and would have them install. BTW I talked to the techs there and mentioned changing that pillar camera and they said you have to be careful very fragile. I would recommend having tesla install the triple front and b-pillar cameras why assume the liability on yourself if something should go awry. All cameras are over the counter except the triple as of today. Invoices below ;)

Ok but won't your car still be listed as AP2 in Teslas database though? So what actual benefit do you get?

Reactions: outdoors
Originally bought the front 3 cameras for sentry/dashcam liked the color :). The cars config can be edited in the database that's what I will go after if FSD beta doesn't come Friday. Sold the old cams on ebay to recoup some of the $$

I'm curious if they are even able to change that since your car still has different hardware than an AP2.5+ car even with the new cameras.

Reactions: outdoors
Correct and I believe they introduced a new steering rack configuration as well with 2.5, so I don't see how they can just change the config for that car considering they only swapped the cameras and none of the other stuff.
Non camera items should not matter to the driving task. These cars have been running HW3 with their only issue being color blind. Radar and steering work just as well.

Correct and I believe they introduced a new steering rack configuration as well with 2.5, so I don't see how they can just change the config for that car considering they only swapped the cameras and none of the other stuff.
Good points I guess things
Non camera items should not matter to the driving task. These cars have been running HW3 with their only issue being color blind. Radar and steering work just as well

Non camera items should not matter to the driving task. These cars have been running HW3 with their only issue being color blind. Radar and steering work just as well.
True... radar isn't even needed now so we can scratch that off the list. I've been driving like a grandma and my safety score is 100%. If Saturday comes without an update I might just get a little more vocal. Tesla needs to step up and let us early adopters know what's going on.

The posts today are interesting but I think they also illustrate what happens when a company doesn’t communicate. We all run around speculating and guessing without any information that is reliable and official. The Tesla staff I have reached on other issues usually haven’t a clue and/or give confident but conflicting information as they too are kept in the dark. While swapping out cameras isn’t a huge expense, I’m not spending another dime on my 12/2016 S FSD hardware unless Tesla states that doing so is a requirement for FSD.

Quite frankly after a week of driving my 3 with FSD Beta I am beginning to think those who believe the wide release EAP/AP/FSD may be about as good as it will get with this hardware may be right. I can’t figure out why we have gotten so many breathless reports about FSD Beta from Musk and his YouTube buddies. So until I get much more concrete evidence that FSD (out-of-beta) is something great, I don’t care if my S gets the current e-ticket version anytime soon.

Last edited:
Good points I guess things

True... radar isn't even needed now so we can scratch that off the list. I've been driving like a grandma and my safety score is 100%. If Saturday comes without an update I might just get a little more vocal. Tesla needs to step up and let us early adopters know what's going on.

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your efforts with trying to gain attention to the issue as well as getting the quotes for the cameras. I'm really going to be rooting you on (I have a 99 score, so with your 100 there should be no reason for that to be your limiting factor) and hope you'll be posting some early AM posting of a screenshot of an email and an install...

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your efforts with trying to gain attention to the issue as well as getting the quotes for the cameras. I'm really going to be rooting you on (I have a 99 score, so with your 100 there should be no reason for that to be your limiting factor) and hope you'll be posting some early AM posting of a screenshot of an email and an install...

Thank you for the support my friend, we sure hope this nightmare ends with a new build during the 10.3 rollout. Or at least some communication on our models.

They should not have made the FSD Beta queue button available for these cars then. We’re driving around like grandmas for no reason if our cars aren’t compatible. Tell me that’s not a little messed up?
I would have preferred to not have the button until I could get the beta. Now I am stuck at a 95 because I hit a lengthy bad patch of rural roads during a kind of rough time.

Maybe Tesla still comes through for those of you with 100s on early supporter hardware before the 99 wave hits. They still have a few days and the rollout is continuing.

For me I do wish that the score could reset when the software is available for my car.

Maybe they could just give us the software when they get around to it and skip the score. Or maybe they could just give us the visualizations since we have waited the longest and will apparently continue to wait.

edit: a word

Last edited:
My RH B pillar camera was replacded with the folliowing:
APPLIQUE,MS,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092307-S0-D)

Your part number shows 1092307-00-B

Is the difference in p/n because mine was replaced with the same kind and the p/n you show is the new, full color camera?

Reactions: technoz
FYI, all used Tesla's for sale from Tesla made before Sept 2017 no long have FSD included. Just another datapoint that they never intend to roll out Vision based features for our VIN range.

Oh look, a 2017 with HW3, and now just AP. That means Tesla intentionally removed FSD, because there is no other way it could have been upgraded to HW3.

1634661271274.png

FYI, all used Tesla's for sale from Tesla made before Sept 2017 no long have FSD included. Just another datapoint that they never intend to roll out Vision based features for our VIN range.

Oh look, a 2017 with HW3, and now just AP. That means Tesla intentionally removed FSD, because there is no other way it could have been upgraded to HW3.

View attachment 723281

Does Tesla still offer FSD for purchase to current owners within our VIN ranges?