Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Saxman

fwiw, I'vent seen the Parallel/Perpendicular parking option since I upgraded to 44.25.7 option that came in Jan. This is true because just in front of my house I've a parallel parking option thats always open and I drive by at less than 5mph and dashboard still doesn't recognize it.
@tezlaMXRed2017
That’s interesting that you , not on FSDBeta , cannot get the OLD AutoPark either. I was under the impression that this NEW AUTOPARK required the new Tesla Vision which is part of FSD.

Before I got FSD I still had OLD Autopark & Smartsummons. But now with FSDBETA I lost both.

I don't understand it.

Last edited:
Well, I was supposed to get my camera upgrade done next Tuesday via Mobile Service, but Tesla messaged me saying that it had to be done at a SC, and the next appt is not until mid-March. Just great.
Yes it sucks... expect delays.

I received my invite December 1st 2021, and nearly 2 months later I still don't have the cameras installed.

My car has been in service all this week (and all I got is Uber credits) and today they messaged me that they have the wrong B-pillar cameras. :mad:
So I'll be picking up my car tomorrow (after almost a week in service) with an incomplete camera upgrade.

I kept asking for the part numbers of the "incorrect" B-pillars, (to make sure, as it could be a compatible part #) but have not been able to get a single part number from them. I put together the p/n spreadsheet, but I've not been able to get a single p/n from service.

They keep telling me they will be on the invoice, and I keep telling them I want to make sure they are correct... but it is such a stalemate it's not funny!

SUPER FRUSTRATING!

I received my invite December 1st 2021, and nearly 2 months later I still don't have the cameras installed.

My car has been in service all this week (and all I got is Uber credits) and today they messaged me that they have the wrong B-pillar cameras. :mad:
So I'll be picking up my car tomorrow (after almost a week in service) with an incomplete camera upgrade.

I kept asking for the part numbers of the "incorrect" B-pillars, (to make sure, as it could be a compatible part #) but have not been able to get a single part number from them. I put together the p/n spreadsheet, but I've not been able to get a single p/n from service.

They keep telling me they will be on the invoice, and I keep telling them I want to make sure they are correct... but it is such a stalemate it's not funny!

SUPER FRUSTRATING!
Omg. That is very ridiculous. I would be so angry. Sorry you had to go through this. Some people mentioned that you can ask for a loaner next time they do the service with the correct cameras. That is the least they can do next time you have the car in for service.

SUPER FRUSTRATING!
@valem maybe try tweeting @ elon musk😀

Jokes aside this is really stupid of SvC.

I just had my camera retrofit appointment a few days ago. Not too happy. I have paint chips and scratches from where the technician was probably struggling to take out the side repeaters. Light scratches about 4 inches long below both B pillars. My weather strip on the door now has a hole in it. The drivers side B pillar has the same water spots and dirt on the glass just as I took it in with. One very minor thing that was skipped was topping off the air in my tires. To me that just shows major lack of basic standard service.

I tried to make a follow up appointment at a different SC but I was referred back to the original one that I went to. I’m not even sure if I got all the cameras swapped. My car’s paint isn’t perfect but it should have scratches and paint chips after service from Tesla.
908E7324-AD45-4043-8FF5-42A85FB6E9E6.jpeg
01FB86C3-AAB3-4BD6-9F60-4905B0412A64.jpeg
BB37AEE0-E3BB-4A2F-9E25-C9A0D74B8760.jpeg

I just had my camera retrofit appointment a few days ago. Not too happy. I have paint chips and scratches from where the technician was probably struggling to take out the side repeaters. Light scratches about 4 inches long below both B pillars. My weather strip on the door now has a hole in it. The drivers side B pillar has the same water spots and dirt on the glass just as I took it in with. One very minor thing that was skipped was topping off the air in my tires. To me that just shows major lack of basic standard service.

I tried to make a follow up appointment at a different SC but I was referred back to the original one that I went to. I’m not even sure if I got all the cameras swapped. My car’s paint isn’t perfect but it should have scratches and paint chips after service from Tesla. View attachment 758736View attachment 758737View attachment 758738

Oh for fk sake..

I understand why both these things happened but sad that the service technicians couldn’t figure out the techniques to not damage anything. Maybe they’ll learn from my video soon.

There’s still hope as it looks like a majority of cars were pushed directly from 30.7 to 30.11 and not many(if any) cars going from 30.8 to 30.11.

This could mean that FSD Beta eligible cars are being kept down on 30.8 so 30.10 can be pushed when ready.

Then again it seems like they need a change somewhere since the rollout of 30.11 so shortly after everything, we might be waiting for a 30.12 or later for the next beta push.

dang got excited seeing a notification for software update but alas its the 2021.44.30.8
I was hopeful too when I saw the software notification, but it was only 2021.44.30.8.
There’s still hope as it looks like a majority of cars were pushed directly from 30.7 to 30.11 and not many(if any) cars going from 30.8 to 30.11.

This could mean that FSD Beta eligible cars are being kept down on 30.8 so 30.10 can be pushed when ready.

Then again it seems like they need a change somewhere since the rollout of 30.11 so shortly after everything, we might be waiting for a 30.12 or later for the next beta push.
That's a very interesting observation. I was just looking at the software tracker info on TeslaFi & you're right. So there maybe is hope for us to go from 2021.44.30.8 to FSD Beta 10.9 (2021.44.30.10).

Maybe Tesla should offer to refund our FSD purchase…. AT TODAY’S PRICE! That way we then at least undo what we paid in full for (in December 2016 in my case) and we can repurchase if we choose to…. When and IF it ever is actually released for our vehicle! —OR— at LEAST let us transfer our (currently unusable) FSD to a new (capable) car.

Maybe Tesla should offer to refund our FSD purchase…. AT TODAY’S PRICE! That way we then at least undo what we paid in full for (in December 2016 in my case) and we can repurchase if we choose to…. When and IF it ever is actually released for our vehicle! —OR— at LEAST let us transfer our (currently unusable) FSD to a new (capable) car.
Unlikely, but I would like to see this. However, nothing says today's cars are FSD capable either. FSD Beta sure... but...

The root problem, IMO, was Tesla's saying that the cars had "all the necessary hardware" for FSD before FSD even existed. And, also IMO, today's cars still don't have the necessary hardware. It is not possible to know for sure what hardware will be needed when the software doesn't even exist yet. One can have a belief that a certain hardware or technology will be adequate for a task, but nobody can know that it will.

I'll buy FSD when it actually exists. And I'll trade in my car for one with the hardware that actually works. Assuming I'm still alive, which is by no means certain.

Meanwhile, I love the car, which does everything I ever expected of it, because I bought it for what it could do, not for what Elon promised it would do in the future.

Easy to help you. If I have to use my brakes at all I get a hard braking violation So every yellow light you have to make a decision to punch it or get a ding to the score. Lots of red light are being run. Does that sound safe to you? The only braking that can be done is by regen. Any additional braking will ding score.
You can also put it in autopilot immediately when you see a yellow, trick here is you can not simultaneously engage AP while tapping brakes, as long as autopilot does the hard braking it’s ok. Ridiculous but true. Used this method many times

Last edited:
The root problem, IMO, was Tesla's saying that the cars had "all the necessary hardware" for FSD before FSD even existed. And, also IMO, today's cars still don't have the necessary hardware. It is not possible to know for sure what hardware will be needed when the software doesn't even exist yet. One can have a belief that a certain hardware or technology will be adequate for a task, but nobody can know that it will.

I'll buy FSD when it actually exists. And I'll trade in my car for one with the hardware that actually works. Assuming I'm still alive, which is by no means certain.

Meanwhile, I love the car, which does everything I ever expected of it, because I bought it for what it could do, not for what Elon promised it would do in the future.
Tesla will most likely have to give me a new car by the time they add newer and newer tech that has no wiring. So far they have been lucky but if they change to much they will be replacing cars rather than cams. I am enjoying the ride w my 2016 October build ms but still waiting to try FSD - got my cam upgrade 9 days ago but still no love