Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ones I feel really bad for are those that took delivery of their 2021 “legacy” S/X at the end of their production and have sealed their fate as left in the dust with $100k cars with less than 10k miles on them.
I have to say, you have the right perspective here. At least for the majority of us, we've owned our cars for multiple years, and have (hopefully) enjoyed them for years as a result. Specific to the Holiday release - We don't really deserve to complain because we don't get every new feature they are giving to brand new vehicles. I can't name any other automaker that upgrades anything for years after the car was built. Of course I'm disappointed that we don't get the cool new features. But I will temper the disappointment knowing that I will be getting fun new features on a ~4 year old car, for free, and delivered over the air.

That said, we *ARE* still owed FSD. I haven't even received an "invite" to get my cameras upgraded yet. So I am annoyed about that. And I feel justified in being annoyed.

Last edited:
I agree this is a big wtf. I was really looking forward to this feature and there seems to be no technical reason to have it be excluded!
Me too blind spot would be so helpful. Why couldn’t they of started sending this release to the earlier vins first. I’m really getting tired of corporate communication via twitter.

Bummer. No blind spot camera on our “legacy” vehicles. That is the one I was actually really looking forward to.

I agree this is a big wtf. I was really looking forward to this feature and there seems to be no technical reason to have it be excluded!

Me too blind spot would be so helpful. Why couldn’t they of started sending this release to the earlier vins first. I’m really getting tired of corporate communication via twitter.

I really wanting the blindspot camera as well especially because I have a bad left eye. But won't you be really surprised if it does not show up for the MCU2 (orig or upgraded) in the driver's display? Seems like such a natural place for it.

08ODpIb.jpg

I really wanting the blindspot camera as well especially because I have a bad left eye. But won't you be really surprised if it does not show up for the MCU2 (orig or upgraded) in the driver's display? Seems like such a natural place for it.

08ODpIb.jpg
yea, I had fully expected the Model S and X implementation to put the blind spot cameras to the left and right spots in our instrument cluster. Seems like a no brainer to me.

We have to face it at some point. There’s no reason for them to keep us happy. They don’t sell our cars anymore and could obviously care less about selling used.
and maybe not realizing that customers will have little or no loyalty to the Tesla brand in the future and not buy another Tesla.

Last edited:
and maybe not realizing that customers will have little or no loyalty to the Tesla brand in the future and not buy another Tesla.
True.

I'm going to drive my "FSD" HW3 MCU1 (2020.48 software) Tesla till the wheels fall off. At least it has FUSC, until they take that away someday.

Next addition to the fleet is the wife's R1T. I'm sure other EV Companies have their flaws but at least they're not over promising from day one. You're buying a car/truck that has software that MAY or may not get new features.

All the promises of FSD have made me a better consumer. Live and learn.

10.8 now seems to be in wide release and my 3 is included, but I’ll be very surprised if our “ancient” S and X models with new cameras get it notwithstanding the tweets of the past couple days. No X or S with vertical screen looks like they are participating whether they are in FSD Beta or not.;)

How can this be? Karpathy himself said that our cars are included in the next rollout!

• Funny
Reactions: dbldwn02
yea, I had fully expected the Model S and X implementation to put the blind spot cameras to the left and right spots in our instrument cluster. Seems like a no brainer to me.
I don’t even understand why it’s been excluded from our cars…The video feed is there, and they can certainly show a live feed right now when in reverse. Maybe they simply didn’t want to branch code to display the video feed in a horizontal screen or in the instrument cluster in our legacy cars. I haven’t seen it yet, but I am guessing the plaid S and X have it on the horizontal screen.

• Informative
Reactions: fbitz777
I don’t even understand why it’s been excluded from our cars…The video feed is there, and they can certainly show a live feed right now when in reverse. Maybe they simply didn’t want to branch code to display the video feed in a horizontal screen or in the instrument cluster in our legacy cars. I haven’t seen it yet, but I am guessing the plaid S and X have it on the horizontal screen.
My guess is that it's a matter of not wanting to spend the software development and QA resources on our now unique configuration that doesn't match what is currently being shipped. There's a non-zero cost to implement and QA these features. 3/Y still get them for free since their configuration still matches what is coming off the assembly line, so the marginal cost is zero.

My guess is that it's a matter of not wanting to spend the software development and QA resources on our now unique configuration that doesn't match what is currently being shipped. There's a non-zero cost to implement and QA these features. 3/Y still get them for free since their configuration still matches what is coming off the assembly line, so the marginal cost is zero.

I agree. Basically, they just don't care about us.

I think we need to make a separate thread on this so we can escalate to Elon like we did with the cameras. Seems to be the only way.

We have to face it at some point. There’s no reason for them to keep us happy. They don’t sell our cars anymore and could obviously care less about selling used.

The ones I feel really bad for are those that took delivery of their 2021 “legacy” S/X at the end of their production and have sealed their fate as left in the dust with $100k cars with less than 10k miles on them.
I would have to argue that anyone who picked up a MS for $69,420 got one heck of a deal.

Wow. We are seriously being abandoned. Can't even get a one-liner on Twitter. I don't believe we'll ever have FSD BETA, let alone FSD. Could be worse - will be interesting to see the same happen to the "legacy" MY/M3 folks not far down the road. There are a lot more of them who drank the kool-aid.

Without a doubt, my last Tesla. Really a great car but no support, no communication, and a joker for the CEO. You would think he'd at least be a little concerned about karma, even if he doesn't care about customers. It will catch up. All that money won't help in a 10x10 cell.

There's no car in the road like Tesla today but I'd expect multiple superior models soon.
A bit eggs-agerated IMO
Name another car manufacturer that gives you any sort of upgrade for free.
Even to get GPS maps updated one has to take the car in and pay a few hundred $$
FSD beta aside, these cars have received numerous updates over the years, and the fact that the MCU can be upgraded giving an old car a new life is pretty incredible. Again just my opinion.