Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have to keep making noise. I believe that's how we got camera upgrades and how some of us started to get beta.
Doesn't matter that they have not been adding anyone lately.
Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

I haven’t been here much lately since my ”lucky S” got FSD Beta, but that car hasn’t been updated for the last two iterations and I think that update was a month ago. (My Model 3 is one iteration newer.) It is anyone’s guess why about half of current FSD Beta participants are at least one iteration in arrears, but that can’t be good news for those of you still waiting to be admitted to FSD Beta.

I wonder if Tesla has concluded that it has too many testers already. My personal experience is the Beta is still very erratic to the point I have stopped using it if my wife is with me.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I haven’t been here much lately since my ”lucky S” got FSD Beta, but that car hasn’t been updated for the last two iterations and I think that update was a month ago. (My Model 3 is one iteration newer.) It is anyone’s guess why about half of current FSD Beta participants are at least one iteration in arrears, but that can’t be good news for those of you still waiting to be admitted to FSD Beta.

I wonder if Tesla has concluded that it has too many testers already. My personal experience is the Beta is still very erratic to the point I have stopped using it if my wife is with me.

The most likely explanation is the 10.x is a dead end, so they've ceased rolling it out to anyone- including people currently on the older versions of it.

When 8.x dead ended it was over 4 months before a new version came out.... the 9->10 jump was much smaller, just shy of a 4 week gap.

I mean- make noise on twitter if you (generic you) wants, but I don't expect anybody new is getting the beta before folks already on it start seeing widespread updates to whatever version is next.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Got new eyeballs in my legacy Model S yesterday. All the right part numbers after heated discussions with the SC. Colors look right and calibrated.
Now the wait. Hope V11 comes soon.

For those going through the process of convincing the SC they are wrong I believe what is happening is they pull up your car vin and they know you need cameras. The computer tells them what cameras to order which is the same as you originally have. (Not the upgraded ones needed for FSDbeta) If they actually read the service bulletin it tells them to order different cameras. The service centers are over worked/lazy and they just want to get your paperwork done quickly so they can go on to the next customer. I had to get the SC manager involved to actually get them to order the right stuff and she read the bulletin. Surprise I ended up with the parts that are listed on the first page of the forum.

No invitation yet for my '17 MS, 99 score.

I've been looking forward to FSD forever. I watch many of the videos on beta FSD and honestly I'm having 2nd thoughts in its current and dangerous (IMHO, of course) state. I'm not driving to work anymore but take 200 mile trips monthly to see the grands. I thinking I'd perhaps value the predictability, the known quantity, the very relaxing 200 mile ride we enjoy today with non-beta FSD.

Someday I hope it achieves even what NAV does today on freeways. Doesn't have to be perfect by any means but at least a vehicle I'd be be OK with my family even being a passenger. Maybe around then would be good time to consider the beta - it just seems years for such a a human level of safety equivalency.

Insights welcome.

I've been looking forward to FSD forever. I watch many of the videos on beta FSD and honestly I'm having 2nd thoughts in its current and dangerous (IMHO, of course) state. I'm not driving to work anymore but take 200 mile trips monthly to see the grands. I thinking I'd perhaps value the predictability, the known quantity, the very relaxing 200 mile ride we enjoy today with non-beta FSD.

Someday I hope it achieves even what NAV does today on freeways. Doesn't have to be perfect by any means but at least a vehicle I'd be be OK with my family even being a passenger. Maybe around then would be good time to consider the beta - it just seems years for such a a human level of safety equivalency.

Insights welcome.
I’ve also been excitedly waiting for FSD Beta forever. I feel like it would not be something I’d use all the time, but rather I’d created an additional driver profile to have one with FSD Beta & one without. It’s very disappointing that we’re still waiting going on 6 months since the Safety Score began & FSD Beta was opened up to additional owners.

rather I’d created an additional driver profile to have one with FSD Beta & one without.
Does that give you the current radar and NAV that we have today? For some reason, I was thinking that while you could still disable beta FSD, you are still on the "vision only" system with it's phantom braking. Perhaps I misunderstood.

But if you can simply disable and functionally have what we have today, that would indeed be a better answer.

Does that give you the current radar and NAV that we have today? For some reason, I was thinking that while you could still disable beta FSD, you are still on the "vision only" system with it's phantom braking. Perhaps I misunderstood.

But if you can simply disable and functionally have what we have today, that would indeed be a better answer.
I don't have FSD Beta yet, but I believe that once you're on the FSD branch your radar is turned off 100% of the time.

I was looking at the spreadsheet and wonder if anyone knows if these guys that received new cameras before the end of last year did get FSD beta but just didn't update it, or if they weren't added... anyone know?

@Jimbob @jimmyjoe @ccie6747 @agent00cix @jfarlow12 @Powderkeg @axalam @Freshtry

TMC Screenname (optional)LocationSafety Score - Miles DrivenSafety Score - Current Score [S3Z]Unrounded Score (If Available)Date FSD Beta button pressed or re-opted in after op-out.Time zoneDate Camera Upgrade Invite Received
[S2Z]
Date Camera Upgrade Completed
JimbobPlacentia, CA6009910-Dec-21Pdt30-Nov-2110-Dec-21
jimmyjoeYucaipa,ca2231001-Dec-21PDT23-Nov-211-Dec-21
ccie6747Allen, TX9812-Dec-21CST11-Nov-2122-Dec-21
agent00cixFontana, CA133100
100​
PDT8-Nov-2130-Nov-21
jfarlow12Santa Barbara, CA1400100
99.8​
25-Sep-21PDT8-Nov-2123-Nov-21
PowderkegTampa, Florida78299-3-Nov-21EDT8-Nov-213-Dec-21
axalamNew York, NY2209922-Oct-21EST8-Nov-21
freshtry*22509925-Sep-21EST8-Nov-2121-Dec-21
Boise, ID40099MST8-Nov-2123-Nov-21
Silver Spring, MD400989-Nov-218-Nov-213-Dec-21

Insights welcome.
I've been on FSD Beta for over a year and my driving style has become 95% FSD/AP, 5% manual driving. In the beginning, it was definitely dangerous and you'd have to be extra aware while driving. I'll admit, it was stressful using it back then and the car did do unpredictable things. But today's version IMO is SIGNIFICANTLY better than it was last year. Most of the problem areas on my regular drive routes have been fixed and my car now handles them as good as a human driver. That being said, I know where there are still issues so will disengage FSD in those areas. People have to realize IT IS BETA so there will be issues and you shouldn't be complacent while driving. It is still a driver assistance feature, NOT autonomous driving. You should just try it when you get it. You can always just turn it off/unsubscribe if you feel it's unsafe for you. SIDENOTE: For a while I wouldn't use it when my husband was in the car since it was guaranteed that the car would do something bad where it didn't when I drove alone. Now there's times when he doesn't even realize i'm using it 😆

I've been on FSD Beta for over a year and my driving style has become 95% FSD/AP, 5% manual driving. In the beginning, it was definitely dangerous and you'd have to be extra aware while driving. I'll admit, it was stressful using it back then and the car did do unpredictable things. But today's version IMO is SIGNIFICANTLY better than it was last year. Most of the problem areas on my regular drive routes have been fixed and my car now handles them as good as a human driver. That being said, I know where there are still issues so will disengage FSD in those areas. People have to realize IT IS BETA so there will be issues and you shouldn't be complacent while driving. It is still a driver assistance feature, NOT autonomous driving. You should just try it when you get it. You can always just turn it off/unsubscribe if you feel it's unsafe for you. SIDENOTE: For a while I wouldn't use it when my husband was in the car since it was guaranteed that the car would do something bad where it didn't when I drove alone. Now there's times when he doesn't even realize i'm using it 😆
Are you still using it with RCCC cameras of have they been upgraded?

I was looking at the spreadsheet and wonder if anyone knows if these guys that received new cameras before the end of last year did get FSD beta but just didn't update it, or if they weren't added... anyone know?

@Jimbob @jimmyjoe @ccie6747 @agent00cix @jfarlow12 @Powderkeg @axalam @Freshtry

TMC Screenname (optional)LocationSafety Score - Miles DrivenSafety Score - Current Score [S3Z]Unrounded Score (If Available)Date FSD Beta button pressed or re-opted in after op-out.Time zoneDate Camera Upgrade Invite Received
[S2Z]
Date Camera Upgrade Completed
JimbobPlacentia, CA6009910-Dec-21Pdt30-Nov-2110-Dec-21
jimmyjoeYucaipa,ca2231001-Dec-21PDT23-Nov-211-Dec-21
ccie6747Allen, TX9812-Dec-21CST11-Nov-2122-Dec-21
agent00cixFontana, CA133100
100​
PDT8-Nov-2130-Nov-21
jfarlow12Santa Barbara, CA1400100
99.8​
25-Sep-21PDT8-Nov-2123-Nov-21
PowderkegTampa, Florida78299-3-Nov-21EDT8-Nov-213-Dec-21
axalamNew York, NY2209922-Oct-21EST8-Nov-21
freshtry*22509925-Sep-21EST8-Nov-2121-Dec-21
Boise, ID40099MST8-Nov-2123-Nov-21
Silver Spring, MD400989-Nov-218-Nov-213-Dec-21
I'm not listed on the spreadsheet, but I got my cameras upgraded on December 16th and have not received the FSD software. 99 Safety Score and while not keeping track i'm at least 1200 miles driven since December. I meet all other (MCU / FSD Hardware) requirements. "Legacy" X -P100D and in Northern NJ. Discouraging.