Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My safety score disappeared briefly about a week or so ago (can’t remember exactly when) then I saw there was a Tesla app update, and after the update it came right back… so didn’t think much about it.
My Tesla app hasn't had an update in a while now. I check the iOS app store daily to make sure every app is up to date too, so that isn't it...at least for me

My Tesla app hasn't had an update in a while now. I check the iOS app store daily to make sure every app is up to date too, so that isn't it...at least for me
Make sure it is the same version as the one you are downloading. Often when I download the app it does not actually install until I go into the details in the app store and then download. I then get the latest version. Weird app glitch. Does it both on my iPad and iPhone.

I may be going in on a conspiracy in my head lol, but I'm convinced my 2022.4.5.5 is the FSD Beta waiting room...

According to TeslaFi, no Model S 75D (like me) has received 2022.4.5.16 since March 14th, a full week ago. The only Model S 75D's receiving 2022.8.2 are ones who had 2022.4.5.3. This means my car seems very unlikely to be going to 8.2 or 4.5.16. It looks like 4.5.16 has stopped for my config since no other S 75D has received it in a week and none are pending.
My Model S has always been pushed to the next update within 1-2 days of it being discovered and rolling out. The fact that my car hasn't been pushed to 4.5.16 is sus.

Since no more S 75D's have been pushed to 4.5.16 in a whole week with none pending, and not a single 4.5.5 has been pushed to 8.2, it looks like my car isn't moving forward at all. Combing this info with the fact that my safety score vanished from my app right before 4.5.15 first rolled out last week, I'm certain my car is stuck on 4.5.5 waiting in a software queue for new testers to be added. Since the 10.11 rollout was cut very quickly, it seems likely they are trying to fix some bugs to either do a 10.11.x or just go right to 10.12 and if that goes well after going out to all the OG beta testers, they will probably then add new testers (which would include me!) Now to wait and see why 10.11 was cut so short and fast...

Am I losing my mind or am I actually onto something here?
I was thinking the same thing. But I have a 90D and still have a SS visible in the app. I so hope you are right!

FYI I have an iPhone, and usually don't see that there is a tesla app updates available in the list of apps to be updated.

However if I search for tesla in the app store, go where you would download it; that's where I see "update" if there is an update available.
When there isn't an update it just says "open"

FYI I have an iPhone, and usually don't see that there is a tesla app updates available in the list of apps to be updated.

However if I search for tesla in the app store, go where you would download it; that's where I see "update" if there is an update available.
When there isn't an update it just says "open"

Yeah I just did that. It does say open. And current version is 4.7 which is what my app already is.
Thanks for the tips though that’s good to know. My app is definitely up to date 🤷‍♂️

June 2017 build checking in... just got my AP cameras upgraded. I was one of the OGs back in the first few pages of this thread that maintained a 100 for the longest time before opting out since there was no benefit to being collected on once it was revealed no AP 2.0 (old camera) cars were being admitted/later on Elon confirming cameras needed to be swapped.

So I guess I'll just cross my fingers, but I'm on 2022.4.5.16 so I'm going to miss the boat on that one, as well as a SS bouncing between 96 and 97 because I refuse to take grandma turns. But at least I can jockey for it once SS gets a bit more relaxed (hopefully 2023?)

Rooting for all the others still going strong with the 100 and upgraded cameras!

My guess is that they may be looking toward the end of Q1 (March 31) as some sort of possible target date for "something" to happen so they can claim "something happened" for the Q1 quarterly call.

3/31/22 is a Thursday, which doesn't nicely coincide with their previous "weekend" releases, so MAYBE there's a small chance "something" happens for a slightly larger audience this coming 3/26 weekend?

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
My understanding is that if you are admitted to the beta program, you should at least receive an email first.
@Cheburashka
I never got an email before. I was at Tesla getting tires and it showed up at the Service Center right after my service.

This was the December 30th 10.8 version.

I hope you guys get this soon. I know how infuriated you all must feel, being obsessed with it all for over 5 years.

Good luck!

June 2017 build checking in... just got my AP cameras upgraded. I was one of the OGs back in the first few pages of this thread that maintained a 100 for the longest time before opting out since there was no benefit to being collected on once it was revealed no AP 2.0 (old camera) cars were being admitted/later on Elon confirming cameras needed to be swapped.

So I guess I'll just cross my fingers, but I'm on 2022.4.5.16 so I'm going to miss the boat on that one, as well as a SS bouncing between 96 and 97 because I refuse to take grandma turns. But at least I can jockey for it once SS gets a bit more relaxed (hopefully 2023?)

Rooting for all the others still going strong with the 100 and upgraded cameras!
Did you receive a camera invite while opted out?

This is so irritating. I have a September of 2017 build Model X. Probably the last Model X to have the old cameras. Still no invite to retrofit in Seattle despite a perfect safety score this whole time. I had my car in twice for the FWD and asked both times with really no answer from the service center.

What really stings is I sold my Model 3 that was in the Beta to get a Model Y at the end of the year.

Tesla has really turned this huge fan (have had all models since 2013, rather than buying the stock because I'm just an idiot who wanted to support the company) into someone who just feels totally let down by a company he loves.

You're focusing on the correct row(s). Apologies, I omitted some context of the vehicle group, my bad.
The list shows the previous version of software recorded, for currently installed 10.8.1 (2021.44.30.5) vehicles.

We might infer therefore, that those 1% previously running 25.2 (no FSD) are now first-time FSD (30.5) vehicles.
And 99% were previously running 25.6 (FSD 10.8)
Count me as deprioritized, too.😖 Tesla continues to refuse to upgrade my cameras in spite of the fact that I purchased FSD in May 2017 even though I have been upgrade to AP2/HW3 and MCU2. I have decided not to participate in the FSD Beta - could that be a problem? What steps can I take to force their hand? Does anyone have Elon’s cellphone number?😎. PLEASE, their recalcitrance in doing me crazy!🥴

a sampling/recap of the last ~day's missives....
Tesla has really turned this huge fan ...into someone who just feels totally let down

Count me as deprioritized, too.😖...

it’s unfortunate that we are stuck in this purgatory hell

I don’t know about you but I know I’m definitely losing my mind, ....
Ooof, the blatant destruction of goodwill amongst Tesla's most ardent supporters (especially those who paid first, funded the struggling company during some of its challenging periods, then paid further (MCU $) to remove technical barriers) is just .....

....the blatant destruction of goodwill amongst Tesla's most ardent supporters....
On this point, a friend recently acquired his first Tesla - subscribed to FSD for $199, was issued the beta rapidly (~1wk). Tried it a couple of times & then promptly discarded it (ended subscription) claiming "My Volvo has better driver assistance because it doesn't disengage on the freeway when I manually change lanes".

If Tesla only knew the asset they're squandering in this group of early adopters......

Last edited:
This is so irritating. I have a September of 2017 build Model X. Probably the last Model X to have the old cameras. Still no invite to retrofit in Seattle despite a perfect safety score this whole time. I had my car in twice for the FWD and asked both times with really no answer from the service center.

What really stings is I sold my Model 3 that was in the Beta to get a Model Y at the end of the year.

Tesla has really turned this huge fan (have had all models since 2013, rather than buying the stock because I'm just an idiot who wanted to support the company) into someone who just feels totally let down by a company he loves.

Honestly I don't think they account for score when they send the invites. I had a relatively poor score and got an invite. Not that it really matters since none of us are getting beta anyway at this point.

On this point, a friend recently acquired his first tesla (late '21 model3) - subscribed to FSD for $199, was issued the beta rapidly (~1wk). Tried it a couple of times & then promptly discarded it (ended subscription) claiming "My Volvo has better driver assistance because it doesn't disengage on the freeway when I manually change lanes".

If Tesla only knew the asset they're squandering in this group of early adopters......

We are a small group, so not sure how much they should care. At least we have a path with the camera upgrades.. could be worse.

Yeah I just don’t understand why us camera retrofits aren’t being prioritized or why they aren’t letting in new testers at all? They had no problem letting in 60,000 more. I know the 2016-2017 owners represent a much smaller % of the fleet than newer 3 and Y people but it doesn’t make sense. I was so excited after my cameras I was like this is awesome I’ll get the download next update! Can’t wait to help give the ai team more data!
*crickets*
The safety score game for the past 6 months straight is killing me and my wife. But I don’t want to opt out or unsubscribe just in case they let in more testers at any moment. And Tesla people just doesn’t know anything. I wish Elon or the beta team would issue some official statement for people like us…. :(

On this point, a friend recently acquired his first Tesla - subscribed to FSD for $199, was issued the beta rapidly (~1wk). Tried it a couple of times & then promptly discarded it (ended subscription) claiming "My Volvo has better driver assistance because it doesn't disengage on the freeway when I manually change lanes".
Color me skeptical that they subscribed to FSD, which has auto lane change on the highway thus doesn't require disengaging, and ALSO received the beta, and promptly discarded it. Having recently driven a newer V90 with Pilot Assist about 80 miles in a mix of highway and country roads, I can assure them that there is a monumental difference in capability between Tesla Autopilot and Volvo Pilot Assist.