Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine are correct on the invoice too (after I fought with them to get it right)…but still no FSD Beta so part of me wonders if the invoice says one thing but the car actually has something else.
I too, had this suspicion as my erroneous tripleCam was replaced (at my request), immediately before the Dec 2021 rollout.
Alas, still no FSD.
This is my worry too, but there’s no real way to know.
Recently I examined the sticker on the camera (remove the mirror & then the plastic housing) & confirmed it's the "B" variant (matching my latest invoice). It's quite easy to remove the mirror & housing without disturbing anything permanently.

Last edited:
Last edited:
“More than likely not coming tomorrow. .... Like super really likely not coming tomorrow. I was finally told that my friend's roommate is being skittish about giving out info now.... But I'll still get little tidbits."
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I don’t know how braking for someone who cuts your lane and just makes a hard stop should be penalizing you. SS is really stupid and it’s unfortunate that we are stuck in this purgatory hell
Because you are missing what the Safety Score is measuring: Safety Score Beta

These are combined to estimate the likelihood that your driving could result in a future collision.

If you are driving in a way/place/time that has people cutting in front of you, requiring you to perform a hard stop, that means that you are more likely to be in a collision than someone that doesn't end up on that situation.

Because you are missing what the Safety Score is measuring: Safety Score Beta

If you are driving in a way/place/time that has people cutting in front of you, requiring you to perform a hard stop, that means that you are more likely to be in a collision than someone that doesn't end up on that situation.
That my friend is the exact reason why we haven't got FSD Beta yet and at the same time FSD won't graduate from Beta, imo. :D

It's overcompensating to avoid collision by rewarding safety that in real life scenario wouldn't be available. It's like asking for two elbow space in a crowded Tokyo train when you barely can stand face to face. FWIW I'd set AP to do 32mph in 35mph stretch in this case and what SS deems likely as an unsafe is very debatable too.

....that means that you are more likely to be in a collision than someone that doesn't end up on that situation.
I agree with the goal &, given the basic metrics it's likely a reasonably tuned statistical threshold (recall Tesla has been collecting these & richer metrics before Safety Score was surfaced to drivers and have been in a position to design the deceleration thresholds accordingly).

Of course there remain exceptions to the inferred safety - particularly: rewarding/encouraging behavior which diverges from other drivers' expectations.

eg. Safety Score rewards;
  1. Aggressive acceleration, v.late approaching orange/red lights.
  2. Descending very steep hills at unconventionally low speeds (encouraging surrounding drivers to create hazards).
  3. Engaging autopilot* on unmarked/narrow/winding surface streets to avoid spurious Forward Collision Warning.
  4. Engaging autopilot when entering high-speed/short freeway onramps to disable recording of Unsafe Following Distance.
  5. Disabling autopilot when following traffic at freeway speeds, to accumulate Safe Following Distance "cache".
  6. The attention demanded of the driver to achieve 1-5, on demand, instead of operating the vehicle in a customary & safe manner. 🤦‍♂️
As mentioned, in an otherwise blind selection, I too would prefer to insure a driver who maintains a high(er) SS vs one who doesn't - but in practice (3000+ miles at SS 100), I can attest unequivocally that I'm a substantially safer driver absent Tesla's current Safety Score implementation/prerequisite to obtain FSD.

* I've also driven hundreds of miles on FSD 10.10.2 and its negotiation of unmarked/narrow/winding surface streets is head & shoulders above autopilot.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve
I agree with the goal &, given the basic metrics it's likely a reasonably tuned statistical threshold ...
...in practice (3000+ miles at SS 100), I can attest unequivocally that I'm a substantially safer driver absent Tesla's current Safety Score implementation/prerequisite to obtain FSD.

OF COURSE! it's all crystal clear to me now - Elon's goal!

It's actually trivial to demonstrate FSD is safer than a human driver who is attempting to maintain a perfect safety score 🤣

It's actually trivial to demonstrate FSD is safer than a human driver who is attempting to maintain a perfect safety score 🤣
And that, friends, may be the genesis of this entire thread.
Cue the post about the guy whining that he didn’t get FSD Beta /sarcasm
As they say "If you don't know who the patsy is......."

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
I may be going in on a conspiracy in my head lol, but I'm convinced my 2022.4.5.5 is the FSD Beta waiting room...

According to TeslaFi, no Model S 75D (like me) has received 2022.4.5.16 since March 14th, a full week ago. The only Model S 75D's receiving 2022.8.2 are ones who had 2022.4.5.3. This means my car seems very unlikely to be going to 8.2 or 4.5.16. It looks like 4.5.16 has stopped for my config since no other S 75D has received it in a week and none are pending.
My Model S has always been pushed to the next update within 1-2 days of it being discovered and rolling out. The fact that my car hasn't been pushed to 4.5.16 is sus.

Since no more S 75D's have been pushed to 4.5.16 in a whole week with none pending, and not a single 4.5.5 has been pushed to 8.2, it looks like my car isn't moving forward at all. Combing this info with the fact that my safety score vanished from my app right before 4.5.15 first rolled out last week, I'm certain my car is stuck on 4.5.5 waiting in a software queue for new testers to be added. Since the 10.11 rollout was cut very quickly, it seems likely they are trying to fix some bugs to either do a 10.11.x or just go right to 10.12 and if that goes well after going out to all the OG beta testers, they will probably then add new testers (which would include me!) Now to wait and see why 10.11 was cut so short and fast...

Am I losing my mind or am I actually onto something here?

I may be going in on a conspiracy in my head lol, but I'm convinced my 2022.4.5.5 is the FSD Beta waiting room...

According to TeslaFi, no Model S 75D (like me) has received 2022.4.5.16 since March 14th, a full week ago. The only Model S 75D's receiving 2022.8.2 are ones who had 2022.4.5.3. This means my car seems very unlikely to be going to 8.2 or 4.5.16. It looks like 4.5.16 has stopped for my config since no other S 75D has received it in a week and none are pending.
My Model S has always been pushed to the next update within 1-2 days of it being discovered and rolling out. The fact that my car hasn't been pushed to 4.5.16 is sus.

Since no more S 75D's have been pushed to 4.5.16 in a whole week with none pending, and not a single 4.5.5 has been pushed to 8.2, it looks like my car isn't moving forward at all. Combing this info with the fact that my safety score vanished from my app right before 4.5.15 first rolled out last week, I'm certain my car is stuck on 4.5.5 waiting in a software queue for new testers to be added. Since the 10.11 rollout was cut very quickly, it seems likely they are trying to fix some bugs to either do a 10.11.x or just go right to 10.12 and if that goes well after going out to all the OG beta testers, they will probably then add new testers (which would include me!) Now to wait and see why 10.11 was cut so short and fast...

Is you safety score still not visible from the app?

Hope you’re right! Guess we’ll find out in about a week or two.

Is you safety score still not visible from the app?
I've had my safety score no issues since September 25th. Then it just vanished from the app the day before fsd 10.11 started appearing.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, i tried logging out then back in. Nothing in the app. But TeslaFi still shows my safety score for every drive and is current up to date. So TeslaFi is how I've checked my score for the past week.

• Informative
Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24