Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, Tesla disbanded their PR Dept a couple of years ago. Now that have just one part time employe that only dedicates a small portion of his time, doesn't do true research and Tweets "off the cuff" without consulting other departments. Now is that true PR or.....?
Yet ... companies would kill for that kind of cheap PR that can get the attention of presidents ...

Theory: NHTSA has to validate 10.10 satisfies and clears the recall, before Tesla can roll it out further, let alone add more users into the program.

This "recall" doesn't seem to be anything the NHTSA is tracking. One way to test your theory is to go straight to the source.

Punch your VIN into the box on their site, then run the search ->> Recall Checker - Enter VIN#

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
This "recall" doesn't seem to be anything the NHTSA is tracking. One way to test your theory is to go straight to the source.

Punch your VIN into the box on their site, then run the search ->> Recall Checker - Enter VIN#
Huh, that just gives me
"An error occurred with your request. Recall information for your vehicle is not available at this time. Please contact Tesla Motors, Inc. by phone at (888) 518-3752 by email at [email protected]or go to their website http://www.teslamotors.com/contact for recall information about your vehicle."

Reactions: Ramphex
Wondering whether various NHTSA stupid recalls are causing FSD Beta release delays ...

BTW, this Boombox recall is so that the pedestrian warning sound would be heard. That PWS itself was very controversial when it was introduced, so doubly weird.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Wondering whether various NHTSA stupid recalls are causing FSD Beta release delays ...

BTW, this Boombox recall is so that the pedestrian warning sound would be heard. That PWS itself was very controversial when it was introduced, so doubly weird.

It's bad enough some government employee is sitting around worrying about the safety hazards associated with the boom box, rolling stops and the missing seatbelt chime. On top of that, certain people here are constantly suggesting to contact NHTSA regarding every little quirk that they don't like about their Tesla. OTA updates are both a benefit and a curse.

So the car isnt allowed to make noise so that pedestrians can hear the PWS making noise. Your tax dollars at work here!! :)

Still, we are slightly better off than automobile drivers in 1865: "The requirement began with the Locomotives Act of 1865 which stated: “One of such persons, while any locomotive is in motion, shall precede such locomotive on foot by not less than sixty yards, and shall carry a red flag constantly to warn the riders and drivers of horses of the approach of such locomotives and shall signal the approach thereof when it shall be necessary to stop, and shall assist horses and carriages drawn by horses, passing the same.”

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
They replaced my airbag for that recall, it’s now crooked on the left side and looks like someone sliced it with a razor blade

CBCA2046-6824-4729-8F7A-37D4CC38376C.jpeg

78632EB2-D023-433A-BE00-2F4C9AA7F2C8.jpeg

Oddly enough I was under impression that boombox only works while parked 🤔

The NHTSA recalling stuff like the boombox is almost certainly a response to people submitting complaints. The game access while driving is a good example, it functioned that way for a full year before the recall and then a few owners were in the media talking about how they were aghast that people could play the games while driving.

The regulators rely very heavily on feedback

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
The NHTSA recalling stuff like the boombox is almost certainly a response to people submitting complaints. The game access while driving is a good example, it functioned that way for a full year before the recall and then a few owners were in the media talking about how they were aghast that people could play the games while driving.

Yea, guess I’ll just go back to playing games on my iPad while driving.

Jk those car games suck and I never play them while parked, definitely no interest to play them while driving. I do believe the passenger should be able to watch YouTube while the vehicle is in motion though.

New non-FSD track updates are popping up quickly to address these recalls. Makes me wonder if the 10.10 halt is impart due to a new push that will incorporate all these changes.
Weird, because 10.10 fully addressed the rolling stop recall. If they wanted to get everyone on that version to close out that recall, they could. They've chosen not to. In the same way that 10.9 was halted, to boot. Something else is going on here.

Reactions: thewishmaster

I was thinking about this and want to dig deeper.

Is there a way to see all the complaints submitted ? Does NHTSA check whether the person submitting actually has a Tesla ? Otherwise it’s ripe for abuse.

I don’t see how rolling stops are more likely to cause accidents than ULT, for eg.