Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 5-strike strike-out auto-reset after 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two different questions really.

1. If you were previously suspended, did this release allow you to re-enable FSDb immediately with zero strikes?

2. If you had >0 strikes before installing, is that reset to zero or remain unchanged?
The claims I have seen (but I think people might be guessing?) are no reset of strikes to zero unless you have already struck out.

Unfortunate if true. Would be great to just subtract one strike per software release (floor zero).

CB44B161-9203-463E-AB5D-7D413F69E59E.jpeg

It’s happening

Guys---I just got the notification. Downloading 44.30.10 now. Will post back as soon as it's installed.

To be clear, I am completely struck out/disabled.

So I won't be able to tell people if they have 4 strikes if they will be reset or not. But I will be able to tell you what's up if you were completely out of FSDb.

Hmmm, I've been nursing 2 of 3 strikes on my camera-less MS. I think I see some testing in my future before I install this one to force a lock-out. Am I missing any other detrimental impact of doing that?

But that's likely still a ways off - my updates are not fast.

Reactions: kishkaru
I've got a '17, was in FSD Beta w/ a score over 80%. Jan 5th I had my eMMC replaced and the screens GUI reverted back to the basic white icons and it took about a week and two messages to the SC before an update came to bring it to todays GUI. What I don't understand is that I lost I guess my place in line for the FSD update since I now don't have a score on the app and I haven't received any updates since. I wrote the SC yesterday asking if they had any info but haven't gotten a response.

Is there anything I can do or do I just need to hurry up and wait? Should I exit my beta request for a couple weeks and try again?

Looks like after 2022.44.30.5, anyone striked out from FSD Beta after the 5-strikeout is re-allowed to activate it after 2 weeks.

1. Can someone on 2022.44.30.5 confirm they can see this language in their FSD Beta release notes? After striking out, all FSD-beta related content was removed from my release notes.

2. Will this apply to cars that striked out before the 2022.44.30.5 update? I installed mine on 12/27/22, so it hasn't been 2 weeks yet. I guess I'll find out next week.
I was strike out early last December before 2022.40.30.5.I got it back after 6 weeks with latest 2022.40.30.10 update.

Reactions: BeansBeans
I've got a '17, was in FSD Beta w/ a score over 80%. Jan 5th I had my eMMC replaced and the screens GUI reverted back to the basic white icons and it took about a week and two messages to the SC before an update came to bring it to todays GUI. What I don't understand is that I lost I guess my place in line for the FSD update since I now don't have a score on the app and I haven't received any updates since. I wrote the SC yesterday asking if they had any info but haven't gotten a response.

Is there anything I can do or do I just need to hurry up and wait? Should I exit my beta request for a couple weeks and try again?
If you're eligible for the infotainment upgrade, you'll get faster screen response and no more eMMC issues... Cost us $1500-2000, but I think worth it.

I still have FDSB 10.69.25.1 and four out of five strikes. There is no indication of new release that is available. How did you get it?
You get it when you get it. There's nothing you can do to speed the process. IMHO, the "advanced" button under software does nothing.

But I'm in a similar situation. You probably do not want to install this version with 4 strikes as they don't go away. If you have any strikes, I'd force a full lockout first. Then once 2022.44.30.10 becomes available, you can start clean with zero strikes.

If you're eligible for the infotainment upgrade, you'll get faster screen response and no more eMMC issues... Cost us $1500-2000, but I think worth it.
I'm not willing to pay $2250 for a snappier GUI and slightly better graphics when it still doesn't have built-in modern basics like CarPlay and/or screen mirroring. That's also got nothing to do with what I asked.

Hey I have a question….

im suspended and I won’t be at car to install update for a few weeks.
I know it’s still rolling out slow.. However I’m worried that if a newer update comes out before I install this one, like 11.3 or whatever, that I’ll get thst only and not get the reset from this one, and still be locked out of fsd.

can anyone let me know if that’s what happens if you miss an update?

thx

Because you need to have WiFi and t doesn’t have it where it is.
OK, that makes sense.

As you probably know, if you don't install an update (even if downloaded) and a newer one comes along the newer one will download.

Options:

1. Check the "software availability" button once a day - on the last few updates, that's what triggered my download. In my case, when it is available fairly wide which 2022.44.30.10 is now. Mine was just prompted to download this version 2 days ago but I had to manually check. Maybe you can force it before you go.

2. Borrow a hotspot for a few weeks? Or a neighbor's Wi-Fi?

3. Or have a friend with a hotspot stop by and check for software updates every day or two. The download is quick but he should wait for both the download and installation button (he would not need to wait for installation to complete though).

4. The newer versions SUPPOSEDLY only have a 2-week lockout timeframe but that's just Elon moving his lips - we know how that goes. But I'd guess it's likely that will be true for software going forward. So even if you gamble, that's likely the worst-case scenario.

OK, that makes sense.

As you probably know, if you don't install an update (even if downloaded) and a newer one comes along the newer one will download.

Options:

1. Check the "software availability" button once a day - on the last few updates, that's what triggered my download. In my case, when it is available fairly wide which 2022.44.30.10 is now. Mine was just prompted to download this version 2 days ago but I had to manually check. Maybe you can force it before you go.

2. Borrow a hotspot for a few weeks? Or a neighbor's Wi-Fi?

3. Or have a friend with a hotspot stop by and check for software updates every day or two. The download is quick but he should wait for both the download and installation button (he would not need to wait for installation to complete though).

4. The newer versions SUPPOSEDLY only have a 2-week lockout timeframe but that's just Elon moving his lips - we know how that goes. But I'd guess it's likely that will be true for software going forward. So even if you gamble, that's likely the worst-case scenario.
Thanks for the help but you aren’t understanding.
im away from the car and won’t be back for a few weeks.
Thats why I’m worried about a newer update wiping out the .10 that resets strokes. I can’t do any thing remotely