Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta v11.3.6 (2022.45.15) not available on two lane roads most of the time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, anyone experiencing what seems to be a glitch, where the autopilot steering wheel is not present about 90% of the time while driving on two-lane roads? By two lane I mean one lane in each direction. When I drive through an intersection it usually appears and FSD is available, but it’s almost never available when just driving along uninterrupted road. FSD works fine on all roads with more lanes. Haven’t seen this on prior versions, I don’t think. And I’ve restarted my OS by holding both steering wheel control wheels, and problem persists. Trying to upload a video to show the phenomenon but have to resize it still.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Hey, anyone experiencing what seems to be a glitch, where the autopilot steering wheel is not present about 90% of the time while driving on two-lane roads? By two lane I mean one lane in each direction. When I drive through an intersection it usually appears and FSD is available, but it’s almost never available when just driving along uninterrupted road. FSD works fine on all roads with more lanes. Haven’t seen this on prior versions, I don’t think. And I’ve restarted my OS by holding both steering wheel control wheels, and problem persists. Trying to upload a video to show the phenomenon but have to resize it still.
Here is the SAME software bug thread made earlier today and just a few posts down. Well known and much discussed software bug in 11.3.x that has been squashed (supposedly) in 11.4.x.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Thanks, although, I scoured google search results and searched these forums for keywords pertinent to MY experience (issue ONLY on TWO LANE ROADS, even wide open roads with no “crowding”). When nothing came up I posted. I suppose the issue is the same, given same FSD version, although the described symptoms seem to be different.

Thanks, although, I scoured google search results and searched these forums for keywords pertinent to MY experience (issue ONLY on TWO LANE ROADS, even wide open roads with no “crowding”). When nothing came up I posted. I suppose the issue is the same, given same FSD version, although the described symptoms seem to be different.
Overall it seems to be intermittent without any well defined pattern. For instance I had it happening to me continuously for a week or so. Then it mysteriously starting working normally. Then it was back again for a couple of days. Haven't had it happen in a couple of weeks but I may get in my car today and start fighting it all over again. Bring on 11.4.x so this bug can be gone (and we will get new ones).

It's fixed in 11.4.1, but you can still activate it 100% of the time if you drive over the middle lines. I said this in another thread and it's a terrible temp solution, but does work.
Tried that but got the "crossing yellow line" alert (essentially, I forget the verbiage) on a two-lane double yellow road. It didn't engage but the alarm was going off. Did you disable that or attempt in a passing zone?