Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

New vid from Frenchie. Only the second time I can remember where the car correctly handled that road closed sign Frenchie has. It was meandering a bit, but it correctly maneuvered around the closed road onto the correct one. Also a rare moment where the car showed a dog graphic. A little too cautious at a couple of stop signs, requiring Frenchie to tap the go pedal to let the Beta know it was time to go, but better that for now than too aggressive. Overall a decent drive.

Reactions: Matias
FSD Beta has been delayed to next week to align with V10.2. Bummer.

I know we will eventually get FSD Beta but the delays are frustrating. I mean, we were promised the button months ago. Ok, we waited. Now, we finally have the button but we don't know if or when we will actually get in. And when we think our turn is up to get in, there is a last minute delay. It feels like some of us will probably still have to wait months to actually get FSD Beta, especially if our score is not 100.

Also, why does the FSD Beta expansion have to coincide with a new version release? Why not give FSD Beta to people now and then give them the next version when it is ready?
Don’t worry! Your only mildly miffed now. Wait till the beta is delayed until beta 11. Then you’ll be pompously peeved then…

This isn't much but at least it's not anything negative.

1633297321477.png

A truly terrible unprotected left near the start of the drive. It’s so hesitant it dithers through a big ass gap long enough to get itself stuck in the middle of the road as traffic is coming from both sides. A little later on it cuts it waaaaaaaaaaaaay too close to an oncoming car through a slightly unusual intersection.
Do we know yet whether the visualizations simply lack trees and light posts, but the car can actually see them? Or are they non-existent to the neural nets - not something they are looking to identify? Seems like fixed obstacles like that would be very important to pick up (there are some cases where they may be in a drivable area); just not sure what is the status.

I just noticed in this video that they weren’t being visualized.

Seeing stuff like this and worse I’ve seen in other vids makes me laugh that people think Tesla is keeping negative clips from being uploaded to the public. If this is the stuff their NDA allows, then there must be FSD cars plowing through crowds of people.
That NDA must have been the old Early Access NDA. Obviously Tesla is not enforcing the NDA. But I guess they don't want anyone to post any actual accident videos.

BTW, I think they still don't allow live videos, right ?

Here is my Safety Score spreadsheet (but these are just sample numbers, not mine). It's gone through many revisions and has been helping me for several days.
  • This is set to read only so you'll need to copy the range of the active items and paste it in your own sheet
  • There are hidden columns with some of the working details so be careful what you change or move
I originally posted this in the (most excellent) Safety Score thread but on this rare occasion I'll cross post here for all of my fellow FSD wannabe's.

Reactions: dcesq06 and EVNow

Chuck with his daughter in Atlanta. Some decent maneuvers, some really bad. Car doesn’t appear to see an orange barrier wall fence on a turn, forcing a disengage. An edge case later on where a curb is obscured by a slope where FSD was going to run into it at full speed and Chuck had to take over. Bad road design there, but beta has to be able to handle it even still.

Chuck says 10.1 is a regression and not ready for big FSD Beta expansion. That might be why Elon delayed the FSD Beta expansion to button pressers to 10.2.

Yeah, that was a pretty eye-opening tweet. Chuck is a level-headed dude and I trust his assessment on this.

As you said, hopefully the FSD team has identified and fixed these regressions in 10.2.

Yeah, that was a pretty eye-opening tweet. Chuck is a level-headed dude and I trust his assessment on this.

As you said, hopefully the FSD team has identified and fixed these regressions in 10.2.

Definitely. I am hopeful that 10.2 will be better. I got the button so now I am just waiting to get FSD Beta so that I can test it on my roads. And I think Elon has even said that the updates tend to follow a 1 step back, 2 steps forwards pattern. So I think we can expect some regressions followed by bigger improvements.

Reactions: Microterf
Chuck says 10.1 is a regression and not ready for big FSD Beta expansion. That might be why Elon delayed the FSD Beta expansion to button pressers to 10.2.

This is my concern/skepticism with Elon's plan of a thousand/day. Tesla KNOWS that the software isn't ready for rapid expansion, but yet it plans to expand the beta test group by 1k per day starting this weekend? While I understand that substantially more data is needed to optimize the NN, Tesla’s plan would be borderline reckless to proceed with its expansion plan.

Tesla has had 200ish non-employee beta testers for the past year, but by next Friday they will have suddenly expanded that number to 7k? That doesn’t make a lot of sense. And the potential liability that will ensue if Tesla does expand the beta by 1k per day — even though it’s current select group of beta testers say that the software isn’t ready yet — is substantial.

ETA: I fully expect Elon to walk back his 1k per day tweet. I do think Tesla should and will expand the beta group, but I think it will just select only 500-1000 drivers (in total with 10.2) with perfect safety scores who live in certain areas and fill a certain driving profile.

This is my concern/skepticism with Elon's plan of a thousand/day. Tesla KNOWS that the software isn't ready for rapid expansion, but yet it plans to expand the beta test group by 1k per day starting this weekend? While I understand that substantially more data is needed to optimize the NN, Tesla’s plan would be borderline reckless to proceed with its expansion plan.

Tesla has had 200ish non-employee beta testers for the past year, but by next Friday they will have suddenly expanded that number to 7k? That doesn’t make a lot of sense. And the potential liability that will ensue if Tesla does expand the beta by 1k per day — even though it’s current select group of beta testers say that the software isn’t ready yet — is substantial.

ETA: I fully expect Elon to walk back his 1k per day tweet. I do think Tesla should and will expand the beta group, but I think it will just select only 500-1000 drivers (in total with 10.2) with perfect safety scores who live in certain areas and fill a certain driving profile.
Agreed. While I'm hopeful they'll go further than 500-1k drivers, I don't see a world where they continue with 1k/day for more than a few days. Doing so will give Elon cover to claim they've 'widely' expanded the beta, while limiting risk. When they pause he'll make a promise to resume rollout when version xyz is ready.

Reactions: diplomat33