Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You all had an interesting but off topic sub thread going. I moved it to its own thread here:

Definite improvements arguably from a performance baseline no paying customer should have driven on a shared roadway.

As they say the final refinement is where the money is and unfortunately it might take the next 10 years to get there.

The last 5 minutes of the video is not more of the same; it's his sit-down review of the important things that FSD has yet to implement. I didn't find it too long at all.
😂 Sorry JHCCAZ, PACE and I were having a laugh at the Harry shaving ad he did at the beginning. PACE joked about harry video, and I made a pun about shaving off a few mins (the Harry shaving ad portion).

Reactions: JHCCAZ and PACEMD
Definite improvements arguably from a performance baseline no paying customer should have driven on a shared roadway.

As they say the final refinement is where the money is and unfortunately it might take the next 10 years to get there.
That's a bit pessimistic. Based on improvements over the last year alone, I think we're only a couple years from a finished L2 system.

That's a bit pessimistic. Based on improvements over the last year alone, I think we're only a couple years from a finished L2 system.
So what is a "finished" L2? That means Beta is removed from the label or are you saying Tesla will stop work on HW3????? What is the point of a finished L2 anyway since it should always be improving? It could have been called "finished" L2 from the release date and we are just getting improvements.

While I'm a very doubtful of L4/L5 I'm still hoping for a L3 in 2 to 3 years and NOT just the same L2 that Tesla is finished with.

So what is a "finished" L2? That means Beta is removed from the label or are you saying Tesla will stop work on HW3????? What is the point of a finished L2 anyway since it should always be improving? It could have been called "finished" L2 from the release date and we are just getting improvements.

While I'm a very doubtful of L4/L5 I'm still hoping for a L3 in 2 to 3 years and NOT just the same L2 that Tesla is finished with.
Fair point. It should always be improving. People are saying 10 years or 20 years. To your point, 10 years to what? That's the amazing thing about Tesla that I don't think people have an appropriate appreciation for. Before Tesla, cars never got better over time as you drove them. You bought a car and you got what you got when you bought it. New features come out in the next model refresh, you had to sell your car and buy the new one. My Chevy Bolt didn't have adaptive cruise control, but two years later the new Bolt model got it. They wanted me to trade it in and buy the new one. No retrofit, no software updates.

Anyways, my thought is a finished L2 system can handle the vast majority of basic driving tasks. There will always be edge cases, oddly designed street layouts in rural towns, complex intersections, and road closures with heavy construction. But the majority of basic intersections, basic traffic lights, stop signs, school zones, etc., I hope are working well in a couple years. As it stands today, I can have it drive reasonably well from work to home with minor interventions from me. Still has issues in some places, where I need i take over, but it's getting better over time.

Reactions: PVia
😂 Sorry JHCCAZ, PACE and I were having a laugh at the Harry shaving ad he did at the beginning. PACE joked about harry video, and I made a pun about shaving off a few mins (the Harry shaving ad portion).
OK yeah, I understand what you're saying. Yes, the shaving commercial could have been trimmed.. oops I mean cut shorter.. oops I mean.. what you guys said.

I think I just dragged the slider bar through it, so I was it really following yout banter.

Finished meaning they change the "Autosteer on city streets" to the available line instead of "Coming Soon" in the order page. Of course the criteria for doing so is completely up to Tesla and it also doesn't mean Tesla necessarily will stop updating the system (for better or worse).

They may choose to never do that. They may choose to do that when other competitors come out with their own door-to-door L2 systems.

I've been filming most of my drives since I got FSD Beta a few weeks ago and have to say I'm pretty impressed so far. Not perfect and behaves much differently than I would drive - that might be the one thing people need to get used to. We all have our own way of driving and this is going to be different for most people.
Here is a 10 mile drive from the other day, was pretty smooth

Here is another recent drive I took. I've been enjoying Full Self Drive Beta for about a month on my Model X 2017 and am documenting different drives around town for people to see how Full Self Drive really works. Let me know if you would like to see any specific driving situations to test out FSD or even locations in the Bay Area you would like me to test out :)

Reactions: PVia
Here is another recent drive I took. I've been enjoying Full Self Drive Beta for about a month on my Model X 2017 and am documenting different drives around town for people to see how Full Self Drive really works. Let me know if you would like to see any specific driving situations to test out FSD or even locations in the Bay Area you would like me to test out :)

Can you check this ULT ? @diplomat33 says Tesla can't handle this ULT better than Waymo.

Waymo handles an unprotected left turn with cross traffic and obstructed view: