Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that a lot of people are talking about driver attention monitoring this is useful.

Basically - you get 7 seconds of looking away from the road. Anything more - you get a strike.

7 consecutive seconds is a long ass time to drive at just about any speed without looking at the road. If the interior camera is calibrated correctly and it isn’t throwing out false positives, then that is absolutely fair.

Reactions: nvx1977
7 consecutive seconds is a long ass time to drive at just about any speed without looking at the road. If the interior camera is calibrated correctly and it isn’t throwing out false positives, then that is absolutely fair.
Yes - infact a bit too lenient.

So, either there are false positives or people are actually being careless. If there are false positives - part of the beta bug that should be reported.

It appears that 10.6.1 is one week behind the ill fated 10.6. and should start to roll out wider this weekend.

1639147614348.png

For me the bigger one is when will we get 11.x (full stack, reverse and ?????)?o_O😇
Full stack is a distraction. We need the new NN / Monte Carlo based planner first - and full Voxel implementation. BTW, whatever happened to gate recognition ...

I think it is clear FSD Beta is nowhere as reliable as NOA - so if anything a single stack will make NOA regress.

Reactions: mhan00
it isn't completely wrong very often... unless you count going around traffic in front of you that is stopped at a traffic signal.
Yes. My car attempted to go around cars in front of me that were stopped for a crosswalk. The challenge for the car may have been that the street was turning, so it may have not been able to see the crosswalk or the people in it. And/or, that this little street section is too narrow to allow street parking, so the car maybe “thought” that the cars in front of me were parked. The spot is close by and on most of my routes, so I will watch this one closely, especially wrt updates. I am on 2021.36.8.8, I understand there is an 8.9 on the way, and one beyond that in the “testing by employees” mode.

Full stack is a distraction. We need the new NN / Monte Carlo based planner first - and full Voxel implementation. BTW, whatever happened to gate recognition ...

I think it is clear FSD Beta is nowhere as reliable as NOA - so if anything a single stack will make NOA regress.

I think Gate Recognition is in 10.5. I recall it was in the release notes, and from my personal experience, my car no longer tries to drive in to the center divide in my gated neighborhood, it recognizes the narrow entrance and exit paths. (Still tries to go 25+offset in what should be a 10-15 area, but that's another issue) lol

Reactions: EVNow
Hmm just checked. Apparently doesn’t have a speed limit. Just added an update for 15. Will see if that ever trickles down to my Tesla’s nav info.
FSD beta wants to accelerate to 50 after turning into my subdivision, even though there is a speed limit sign in the first 50ft saying 25. Makes for an exciting last leg of the return home (me madly spinning the speed dial downward).

Are you saying there is some way for me to submit a speed limit update for the location, via TomTom, that will eventually trickle down into the Tesla Nav? That would be great. Of course I don’t have a TomTom device, and I don’t see a way to do that on the TomTom website …