Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD price for EAP owners lowered by $1000

Wil you buy the $5000 FSD upgrade?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They lowered the FSD price by $1000 this weekend for EAP owners.

At the time of EAP option in September, the FSD price was $8000. They sold EAP at $4000 back then. Then after that, they bumped up the price of FSD to $10,000 and removed the EAP purchase option. So now this FSD price is lowered to $9k total out of pocket, anyone gonna do it?

If I couldn't justify $8000 back then, I can't justify $9000 now. But these FSD beta videos are pretty amazing.

index.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201206-102822_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-102822_Tesla.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,420
Last edited by a moderator:
We upgraded from EAP to FSD when it was “on sale” for $2K, so all in cost to get there was $7K. I’m not convinced we got our moneys worth but if they eventually get it to be reliable maybe I will change my mind.
What do you think of the fsd beta videos?

I think the unprotected left hand turns are still having a lot of trouble.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
What do you think of the fsd beta videos?

I think the unprotected left hand turns are still having a lot of trouble.

I'm glad to see they are making progress but I don't personally want to be a beta tester for software that is in charge of protecting my life on the road. There are still too many variables that software can't account for to make it a practical solution for me.

Reactions: duanra and KenC
I'm loving most of what the man does. Leaving aside his other (brilliant) ventures like SpaceX, I love my Model 3. I use the automation all the time. The company is growing amazingly. The stock is doing great. What's not to love?

What's not to love? Well, hmm. I think the pricing on the automation retrofit is excessive. Unless you financed it with the car purchase, it's a very sour cash nut to swallow. So regardless of whether it's good value or not, and leaving aside people who see no need for more AI & more automation, there's going to be a lot of resistance among existing Model 3 owners, including a lot of sour grapes comments like "not worth it", and "not reliable enough". That's poisoning the well, and here Musk is not playing it right IMHO.

Reactions: Toysla
Well, back when EAP to FSD went on sale, I said I’d rather let my money grow in the market, and that would cover any price increases, and then some. I was wrong. It’s now $5k, 150% more, and my portfolio is only up 91%. I’ll wait until it drops to $3k or maybe $2k. Mostly I just want the chip. It’d be nice if you could buy a chip from a salvaged vehicle and swap it, but you can’t.

Reactions: Jiver
@KenC lol damn 93% that's a great gains. Only way to keep up with FSD price increase is buy tsla.
Lol, I owned Tesla shares for less than a minute back at the end of September in 2018. That was when they were doing a text blast to everyone with outstanding orders, asking whether they could take delivery in the next 5 days before quarter-end.

I drive to my credit union to begin the loan process, but with no VIN, I wasn’t going to get any money to hand to the delivery driver. Needed $50k, so I sold some stocks. Only after checking TMC did I find out this was just a text blast, and no my car was not going to be delivered in the next 5 days.

So what to do with the $50k I freed up? That turns out to be the same time Elon was sued by the SEC, for tweeting he was going private. The stock fell all Thursday and Friday. I bought 200 shares at $265, 15 secs before closing on Friday. Then Elon settled n Saturday. Sold at $315 at the open on Monday. Owned for less than a market minute, made $10k! Thanks Elon, always stay crazy!

Reactions: Noodles
Don't buy what you don't want - you know that, right?
You live in the land of the Free and Home of the Brave.

What about the Madison Ave constructed Ads that Tesla is paying fot to try and convince you to buy?
Are they as good as the Ford Mustang Ads? the GM Cadallac Ads? the BMW Ads? How will Tesla compete?

</sarcasm> I guess I need to add. Confusion enough in our current world order.

And talk about stock! Nio claims to sell a few thousand cars
a month. But there's no way to know, because the CCP doesn't
allow outside auditing. And Nio makes nothing. Their cars are
subsidized by the CCP, made in a CCP-owned factory, but are
no cheaper than Teslas. Nio is not profitable. And yet, some
people had thrown big money on Nio stock, like it was the "next
Tesla" - and then Congress passed a law requiring transparent
auditing or getting de-listed on the NYSE within 3 years.

We got a lot of Euro-EVs coming up. I liked this one French review
of the VW ID vs. a Model 3, and it was very balanced. But then at
one point he says that entering the VW cabin, compared to the Tesla,
it feels ... "medieval". You look around at the whole automotive
industry, with its antiquated ways, and Tesla stands out as something
fresh and admirable that makes me smile every time I get in my car.
FWIW, the evolving automation modes are a big part of that experience.

And talk about stock! Nio claims to sell a few thousand cars
a month. But there's no way to know, because the CCP doesn't
allow outside auditing. And Nio makes nothing. Their cars are
subsidized by the CCP, made in a CCP-owned factory, but are
no cheaper than Teslas. Nio is not profitable. And yet, some
people had thrown big money on Nio stock, like it was the "next
Tesla" - and then Congress passed a law requiring transparent
auditing or getting de-listed on the NYSE within 3 years.

We got a lot of Euro-EVs coming up. I liked this one French review
of the VW ID vs. a Model 3, and it was very balanced. But then at
one point he says that entering the VW cabin, compared to the Tesla,
it feels ... "medieval". You look around at the whole automotive
industry, with its antiquated ways, and Tesla stands out as something
fresh and admirable that makes me smile every time I get in my car.
FWIW, the evolving automation modes are a big part of that experience.
LOL, I do own NIO. Studied it for 15months, then bought 30,000 shares at end of May for $3.26. That was because they had secured a $1B loan. Yes, they were almost bankrupt. And, because they secured a LiFePo battery deal with CATL, that would reduce the battery cost by 20+%. I estimated, based upon next year's sales that it should be worth $13 to $17 a share. Of course, because of FOMO and Tesla's strong results, and alot of Robinhood traders, the price has shot up to $57. Now back down to $47. Never had a stock grow over 10x in 6 months before.

While there are risks associated with investing in chinese companies, there are several other sources for sales data, from car registrations, to insurance data, that makes their sales numbers verifiable. And no, I don't expect them to turn a profit, until they get to 300k+ unit sales, much like Tesla. That'll take a couple years more.

• Informative
Reactions: jkirkwood001