Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: karkrazy
There was a refund once when they lowered price of the Model 3 Performance. I agree that it’s definitely not going to happen in this case.

Not a refund:
“if they choose to give up free lifetime Supercharging”

Elon was right (about under priced - wrong about calling it a refund):

Reactions: Daniel in SD
Nope. You totally comprehended my post incorrectly. Not so smart!
No, @ewoodrick pretty well summarized your post the way you wrote it. You're trying to make some sort of sense out of selling a vehicle at the worst part of the depreciation curve (ANY car: not just a Tesla) to the already depreciated of a USED car (one which has a very questionable reliability history). Makes zero sense.

And if you sold your S, do you still have a Tesla at all? If not, why do you bother to come here - just so you can spout off your righteous indignation? How's that working out for you? Does it make you feel better?

Will refund price change after the purchase. I have purchased few months back and now price is reduced 8k. This is a reduction of more than 10%. Not fair at all. Anyone knows anything or share on next steps. Thank you
Is this your first vehicle ?

BTW, you are in London - so did you really buy FSD ? Or is it some town called London in US .....

Reactions: ewoodrick
I like the way Tesla added massive amounts of salt to the wound by saying FSD would keep going up in price as it gets better, and when it actually gets pretty decent, they halved the price since the high of $15K. Imagine how those suckers feel right now that paid that $15k when it was completely unusable and they have since sold the car and got about $1000 in trade in value for their $15K investment in the future!
It’s impossible to list all of the misinformation/outright lies by Elon, Inc. Remember those million robotaxis that were going to be available by the end of some recent year (2019 or 2020 or 2021😀) Those were all SX3Y and meant our cars could be giant moneymakers. Fast forward and these days Tesla doesn’t even hint at robotaxis other than the new vehicle being introduced in August. And our huge potential moneymaker cars and other EV’s have the worst resale values of any vehicles.

If it didn’t affect our pocketbooks, all of these lies would be kind of funny. If there is anything Elon does better than innovate, it’s repeatedly lie. His nose should be ten feet long by now.

As for your comments about FSD price, just watch as all new Teslas soon come with FSD and the car price will be no different than it was without FSD. Even if it makes us all look like fools, I actually hope this comes to pass. Without FSD, Teslas are just EV’s with one advantage — access to Superchargers. And that advantage is going away.

Last edited:
Reactions: am_dmd and DaveG_NJ
Nope. You totally comprehended my post incorrectly. Not so smart!
How?

You bought a new Model S and sold it probably less than a year.
Then you bought a 4-year-old car.

If you had bought a 4-year-old Model S, the depreciation would be very similar to the Jaguar.

You like the Jag interior and ride better than the Model S.

But you are now entering the period well, Tesla has shown being the cheapest

I don't think that I've ever heard a Jaguar being called a reliable vehicle.

Isn't that funny that Jags are more reliable than Tesla's. It's actually true. I have owned both.
While Jag isn’t on this list, you can equivocate them with Land Rover since they’re locked at the hip.
IMG_7916.jpeg

Reactions: SSonnentag
Dude, pay attention. That's cost to maintain, not reliability.

I have owned 6 Jaguar and Land Rover products and 3 Teslas. The JLR's have all been more reliable than the Teslas. Sorry.
#facts
If you do a Google search, you'll find that Teslas have the absolute worst reliability in the industry. I'm amazed I don't see more of them broken down on the side of the road.

• Disagree
Reactions: SSonnentag
#facts
If you do a Google search, you'll find that Teslas have the absolute worst reliability in the industry. I'm amazed I don't see more of them broken down on the side of the road.
And if you do more than look at titles, those reports come back to Consumer Reports. And if you look a the details of the report, you'll find that 90+% of the "reliability" is in the initial delivery, fit and finish.
Most people have no idea why Consumer Reports puts fit and finish in their reliability reports.

Once you subtract the fit and finish from the score, Teslas move toward the top.