Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've enagaged lawyers in an attempt to recover FSD cost (Australian owner)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I'm afraid of

Why? I think it is very unlikely the OP has walked away with nothing here. First, why would they agree to nothing before the hearing? Surely you’d take your chances, have the hearing and if you lost, you lost, but there would be a public record of it, and the OP would be free to tell us all about it. Indeed if Tesla won, I suspect they’d want everyone to know about it.

I think Australian consumer protection laws are pretty strong in this area. The only plausible explanation is there was a confidential settlement between the parties, and the mysterious $52 two-page document would say little more than that, and the matter is ended.

The only plausible explanation is there was a confidential settlement between the parties, and the mysterious $52 two-page document would say little more than that, and the matter is ended.
Yep, agree. More than likely an offer was made before the hearing which was agreeable enough for him to agree to confidentiality and more than he thought he'd get in the hearing. So the document will most likely read as suggested above.