Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've enagaged lawyers in an attempt to recover FSD cost (Australian owner)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The silence is possibly telling… although note the OP said the “thought of agreeing to a gag order never sat right with me”

So, if @jaykaye posts again then we’ll know what happened. And if they don’t, we’ll know what happened 😉
If they don't post again, and you don't think they would agree to a gag order....(whispers) are you suggesting cement shoes might be involved? 🙂

I really hope this guy didn't cave. Was so open about him taking on Tesla, would be a cop out to sign a gag order now.
Nah, put yourself in his shoes. Tesla may have offered him something good.
Moral highground is great, but it was the user who bore the cost and the effor, if he got something out of it, then superb. Power to him.

Too bad we didn't set up a 'canary' beforehand. I almost made a post suggesting one, but didn't follow through.

Yeah, but I think we can conclude that @jaykaye got a good settlement from Tesla. Good on them for persisting landing a good result and being able to put this behind them. We don’t begrudge them one bit for being unable to tell us about it, totally understand.

Yeah, but I think we can conclude that @jaykaye got a good settlement from Tesla. Good on them for persisting landing a good result and being able to put this behind them. We don’t begrudge them one bit for being unable to tell us about it, totally understand.
Assuming that is the case, it is a shame that customers need to go to that length to get the seller to acknowledge a problem and resolve it. Or are we expecting a wider announcement of refunds to other affected customers?

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
It should be a matter of public record whether the hearings proceeded or not.
Not necessarily. Not all decisions are published.

Interested individuals could have attended the hearing - these CAT hearings are open to the public (assuming it did proceed). I have no idea whether it did or not.

IMG_3798.jpeg

Last edited:
It can't be that nobody showed up so the judge said 'never mind, next!
A prehearing settlement - both sides just need to inform the clerk of the fact and it disappears. It is a CAT hearing there is no judge/magistrate just a CAT member presiding who is a barrister.

Despite what some are speculating, a settlement may mean that the OP either got something or nothing. Unless the OP makes a comment there is no way of knowing.