Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Showing £2900 in Tesla account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like they've dropped the price of FSD again (I have a 2017 MS AP2 with EAP)! Is it worthwhile for this price?

I'm thinking it might be to get the new FSD computer upgrade, which should hopefully improve existing EAP features if nothing else.

My Tesla also shows a revised price at £2.9k.

I have the same car as you, and if I was going to keep it for a long time I think I’d consider it. My hesitation would be mainly over what actual improvements are you likely to see? In the Q&A session at the earnings call meeting this week Musk commented on how difficult Europe was in terms of regulation. I can’t seem to find the exact quote and don’t won’t to misrepresent but he didn’t seem very hopeful.

We already have Nav on AP, which isn’t great so far, and Enhanced Summon seems to be unlikely given the EU restrictions. It’d laughingly referred to on the FB group as ‘buying the unicorn” - although plenty have o_O

Personally I’m keeping the cash to put towards a whole new car. :D

No evidence that I can see - Model 3 configurator, outstanding order docs, source code

He's talking about adding it to an existing Model S.
Anyway I can confirm it's true, I can also add it to my 2018 Model X for £2,900 (was £5,900 previously). So much for FSD pricing going up, lol!

But remember this is to "upgrade" from EAP, which has exactly the same functionality as current FSD.

It shows in my 2018MS EAP. If you take it up then you get the further option of upgrading to full time travel. That will get you a retrofit of a flux capacitor when regulatory approval happens. I know this because I met a time travelling tesla owner at a supercharger last week. He had been there all week recharging to 1.21GWatts for the next jump.
Cool dude. His Tesla has hardware 15.5 and he'd jumped back from 2073 - reckoned FSD would be able to do roundabouts by the end of 2076.

You can't jump forwards because you dont know where the traffic is.

• Funny
Reactions: DJP31 and Peteski