Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD upgrade purchase option removed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t see it any more as an option in MyTesla. Anyone else have the same issue?

I wasn’t planning on purchasing it until the feature was available but I’m used to seeing the purchase option in MyTesla.

They realized they got zero post-delivery sales so they just removed it completely to avoid confusion.

In all seriousness, they also removed 60->75 battery upgrade option for my car, so I think it's just a website glitch.

I don’t see it any more as an option in MyTesla. Anyone else have the same issue?

I wasn’t planning on purchasing it until the feature was available but I’m used to seeing the purchase option in MyTesla.

It's a feature that isn't even available yet. No point in advertising it on the my tesla page at the moment until it's actually something you can buy.

Hmmm, I've never seen any upgrade options on my My Tesla page. I wonder if my FSD option is still active. I bought a demo unit and had them remove it from the price.
Could be - you won't know however until FSD does something, even if it's only an icon color change somewhere. I recall someone who bought a 75 inventory car and asked to have it downgraded to 60 finding out when they went to upgrade that they already had the full use of 75 battery (full rated miles of a 75, etc). On the other hand, not all upgrades show up on the My Tesla dashboard, for example the 72A upgrade has never shown up for one of our Model S, but it is available post purchase for $1,900 as per design studio page when we ordered.

Could be - you won't know however until FSD does something, even if it's only an icon color change somewhere. I recall someone who bought a 75 inventory car and asked to have it downgraded to 60 finding out when they went to upgrade that they already had the full use of 75 battery (full rated miles of a 75, etc). On the other hand, not all upgrades show up on the My Tesla dashboard, for example the 72A upgrade has never shown up for one of our Model S, but it is available post purchase for $1,900 as per design studio page when we ordered.

Yeah, the 75 to 60 failed downgrade thing happened to me as well. The SC said they couldn't downgrade unless new and mine had miles on it. I think they just wanted the sale since it was the end of the quarter.