Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V11 Discussion - First Released 11/11/22 at 11:11PM - Maybe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator note: Added maybe to the title. This may be an alpha or beta release, so “release” is relative. Stay tuned.)

We finally have confirmation of the release of FSD V11. This presumably is single stack; we’ll see, as the question was left unanswered. I guess it will still be called FSD Beta V11?

002905FC-FC4B-4346-9970-AF2BA0758CE4.jpeg

🤯 ( 🔥 )

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a theory and would love @EVNow Or @Bladerskb opinions.
Or any engineer or programmers opinion.
When it goes to single stack, can or would they potentially Delete/Uninstall
any NOA or Highway code thereby freeing up much needed storage and compute resources?
If FSDb is just running the show on all roads, they could dump any other programming no longer needed, right or wrong?
Not an engineer (and only spewing from my rear) but I doubt it for a while for at least 2 reasons. It will likely still be used on standard AP for a while until WELL tested and proven. Also it will still one in the code for that reason and it needs to be there to fall back on when it rains or inclement weather.

• Helpful
Reactions: FSDtester#1
any NOA or Highway code thereby freeing up much needed storage and compute resources?
If FSDb is just running the show on all roads, they could dump any other programming no longer needed, right or wrong?
The problem isn't storage, its compute.

You have to remember that just because there are other algorithms and ML models on the computer, it doesn't mean they are all being ran. The same way you have hundreds of applications on your computer, but doesn't mean they are all being ran.

If they were to remove deprecated algorithms and models, they would only be freeing up space.
However if those models were being run then yeah they would be freeing up compute resources.

• Informative
The problem isn't storage, its compute.

You have to remember that just because there are other algorithms and ML models on the computer, it doesn't mean they are all being ran. The same way you have hundreds of applications on your computer, but doesn't mean they are all being ran.

If they were to remove deprecated algorithms and models, they would only be freeing up space.
However if those models were being run then yeah they would be freeing up compute resources.
Thanks friend. I knew you had the answer! Makes perfect sense 👌

Not sure storage is a constraint. Compute definitely is - but they already run only one set of networks (either FSDb or NOA) at a time.

• Helpful

Semi-complicated without knowing the actual code base/methodolgy/principles. At a high level, leaving the code in there shouldnt have much impact. The classes/functions will be compiled into objects that will take up storage space, but if theyre never used/called/instantiated in execution, they shouldnt take up computing resources/memory. I think from a code tidyness perspective, single stack branches may remove legacy code to ensure there's no lingering/hidden code dependencies, but the legacy code will still be preserved via version control branches.

• Helpful
I only caught the last 10 mins but Musk was on Twitter Spaces (whatever that is) today and said a few interesting FSDb things (if any of it can be believed?).

V11 is currently on dot 2 version. He 'hopes V11 will be released in single digits' - it wasn't clear if that meant days, weeks, or dot releases. V11 needs more work - I assume meaning it still isn't meeting the V10.69 performance level. Says V11 consists of V10.69 NNs and as well as new NNs. The new NNs are more capable and can generalize more to the real world. V10.69 NNs have been squeezed for all they are worth - add a new feature, lose an old feature.

Last edited:
I only caught the last 10 mins but Musk was on Twitter Spaces (whatever that is) today and said a few interesting FSDb things (if any of it can be believed?).....
NO, Elon's time line ship sailed years ago. Now not sure he could find his way back from the Tweeterverse to Tesla HQ without a guide now anyway.

EDIT: Also it is not the FSD 69 performance that V11 is not matching, since highway is on a different stack. It is the safety and reliability of the AP stack V11 is not matching.

NO, Elon's time line ship sailed years ago. Now not sure he could find his way back from the Tweeterverse to Tesla HQ without a guide now anyway.

EDIT: Also it is not the FSD 69 performance that V11 is not matching, since highway is on a different stack. It is the safety and reliability of the AP stack V11 is not matching.

I gotcha. Hopefully we'll find out how much of V10.69 they used versus needing to 'rewrite/redesign' as the old NNs aren't receptive to new features let alone generalizing to the real world.