Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FSD version itself is incremented so that implies there's a change to the FSD code or NN in some way.
FSD version changes don't necessarily need to have FSD behavior changes. Could just be as simple as "Beta" -> "Supervised" renaming.

Here's the release notes for 2024.3.10:

Under your supervision, Full Self-Driving (Supervised) can drive your Tesla almost anywhere. It will make lane changes, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. You and anyone you authorize must use additional caution and remain attentive. It does not make your vehicle autonomous. Do not become complacent.​
Full Self-Driving (Supervised) is enabled on your vehicle. To use the feature, pull the drive stalk down once (for Model 3 and Model Y) or press the right scroll wheel button once (for Model S and Model X). You can disable Full Self-Driving (Supervised) in Autopilot Settings.

Compared to previous note as recently as 2024.3.6 (but probably just carried over since 10.x):

You can enable Full Self-Driving (Beta) by tapping 'Controls' > 'Autopilot' > 'Full Self-Driving (Beta)' and following the instructions.​
Full Self-Driving is in early limited access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving is enabled your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving in limited Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations.
So "early limited access," "wrong thing at the worst time" and other scary messaging is gone, and the new wording seems to suggest FSD is now on by default?

Failed wife test, 12.3 now banned after second drive.

Residential unmarked street, making left turn, waited for cross traffic, then followed cross traffic, which was then making a left turn while we were continuing straight.

Acceleration was too brisk and inappropriate given the slowing turning lead vehicle. Concern was ramming mode tendency (there was no danger; it was just stupid, there was nowhere to go).

I did not intervene. No braking took place, lead car turned before ramming and FSD scampered past.

Was not close, but inappropriate. Banned.

Failure. I would not fail it but I don’t make the rules. I am generally very permissive of flaws as you all know.

None of these new versions are significant in any way. They aren’t changing anything, folks! (How are people not seeing that? I don’t even have one of these updates and it is obvious to me it is the same thing!)

I’ve given up on v12. Given the lack of progress over the hugely significant time of a couple weeks, it looks like no further improvement is likely. It looks like we are at the local maximum. Possibly slightly off of it - the influencers claimed earlier versions were better!

Personally I would be happy if it just fixed the glaring and crippling speed and stopping and going issues reported by literally everyone using v12. You’d never hear from me again which I think you’d all be grateful for.

But now even that will not be much solace since getting wife approval will require much more - basically expert-level, perfect human driving, a perfect blend of defensive and assertive driving.

Furthermore with it going wider than anyone ever thought possible - to the entire non-legacy US fleet - the fearmongerers may finally be right and something bad is going to happen and then I’m going to be stuck with software which doesn’t work (periodically requiring pedal input, while unable to stop smoothly - so ALSO requiring exquisitely feathered pedal input to smooth THAT out) while Tesla halts all further releases.

😢

Last edited:
FSD ran a red light. Not really sure what caused this because the lights were clearly red and I don’t see any lights that could have confused it.

It looks like FSD did not run a red light, because the turn was into a lane dedicated for such turns, and such turns do not require stopping.

From the Calif DMV Driver's Handbook: link

Right Turn onto a Road with a Dedicated Lane​

A dedicated right turn lane does not merge into another lane and allows you to make a right turn without stopping. You may make your turn even if there is a red light for vehicles going straight through the intersection. If there is a traffic light or sign on the right curb of the right turn lane, you must obey that light or sign. Always yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk when turning.

Right Turn onto a Road with a Dedicated Lane

However, the FSD probably should have stayed in the right lane after the turn. Generally right turns should enter and exit the intersection as close as "practicable" to the right hand curb, if my memory serves me. In this case, that would prevent conflict with cars coming through from the left.

Not likely yet. Like with v11 they need to train the basics before tackling more "edge cases" that are for more varied setups and dynamic situations later.View attachment 1033575
Similarly with scheduled no turn on red. My car wait for 3 minutes for green light at an intersection with sign "No Turn On Red - Mon - Fri 3 PM - 6 PM" tonight. I did not consider it a bug.

• Informative
Reactions: GWord

It looks like FSD did not run a red light, because the turn was into a lane dedicated for such turns, and such turns do not require stopping.

From the Calif DMV Driver's Handbook: link

Right Turn onto a Road with a Dedicated Lane​

A dedicated right turn lane does not merge into another lane and allows you to make a right turn without stopping. You may make your turn even if there is a red light for vehicles going straight through the intersection. If there is a traffic light or sign on the right curb of the right turn lane, you must obey that light or sign. Always yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk when turning.

Right Turn onto a Road with a Dedicated Lane

However, the FSD probably should have stayed in the right lane after the turn. Generally right turns should enter and exit the intersection as close as "practicable" to the right hand curb, if my memory serves me. In this case, that would prevent conflict with cars coming through from the left.
It's not a dedicated right turn lane (it merges with into another lane and it's also not a right turn only lane). Admittedly it does seem like there should be a green right turn arrow there.

Anyone have their dash cam stop working after the 12.3 update? Mine's been working fine for almost 4 years and still works on my iMac but "not available" in the car... 🤔
Same thing for me. I use TeslaUSB on a RaspberryPi Zero W, it was working great for 2+ years. then stopped working. I thought maybe the pi was dead, works great on Mac and PC. Tried 4 other USB sticks, they all failed in the car. But, a reboot of the car (steering wheel button hold 30 seconds) makes them all work. For about 10 minutes, then they all fail again. Glad it's not just me.

• Informative
Reactions: Ramphex
It's not a dedicated right turn lane (it merges with into another lane and it's also not a right turn only lane). Admittedly it does seem like there should be a green right turn arrow there.
Seems like none of that stuff should matter except for that inconvenient conflicting left-turning traffic. Should be a yield sign here or something. For sure FSD should have stopped, though. It's super smart though; it saw that other left-turning traffic shielding it from the other left-turners and knew it could roll it. It's emergent genius; in future all of these efficiencies are going to fix our traffic problems.

Maybe they never got it right after the changes sometime in 2011; back in the day it would have been cool to just corner this one at 40mph. They probably didn't budget for an extra light:

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 11.28.49 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mongo
I’m wondering in FSD supervised is in reference to supervising the AI verses allowing pre-coded software to operate in beta format. It does make it pretty clear that FSD is not autonomous.
It supervises you… supervise it drive.

The car is the regional manager…

So ultimately you’re the assistant to the regional manager…

Man the handoff from v12 to v11 stack on the highway is ripe for disaster. Sometimes the handoff happens mid-merge, and the two stacks have totally conflicting merge behavior. V11 likes to keep far to the right of the merging area as long as it can (which is really what you're supposed to do), while v12 likes to merge prematurely. So as soon as it switches to the old stack, it will abruptly jerk the wheel to realign the car to the ride side of the merge space, even after it seemingly finished merging. It was quite the surprise to say the least, and cars behind probably felt I was aggressively trying to block them from passing.

is ripe for disaster
That's a total exaggeration. The only thing the wild swerving would do would cause it to fail the wife test but it's already done that, so no further harm can occur.

Not a big deal. Just let the car swerve everywhere. It's fun. It probably won't hit other cars, at least hardly ever. Just keep an eye out.

None of these new versions are significant in any way. They aren’t changing anything, folks! (How are people not seeing that? I don’t even have one of these updates and it is obvious to me it is the same thing!)
Here's confirmation that there is no difference in the new versions, including 12.3.3. I called it.

I think at this point we clearly have to worry about all the repeated mind-blowing causing some sort of TBI or even CTE. There are signs of issues.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 12.02.28 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 12.06.14 AM.png

And here's more confirmation: No change.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 12.14.40 AM.png

Big failure here; really bad, note that the car was totally visible, clearly visualized, but FSD drifted forward anyway, requiring the other driver to drift over:

Soon we'll have FSD 12.3.x jousting with FSD 12.3.x - two Teslas here, just a matter of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
In the context of potholes it’s very much applicable, for both FSD and auto steer, no? Should be able to steer around them without disengaging. I live in a place where some roads have more craters than the moon…
If FSD is active then you CAN'T steer the car. Steering and FSD is a contradiction. With AP it would be nice to have it stay active after you change lanes, but if you steer with Full Self Driving the it is not FSD.

As of now potholes is a whole other can of worms that FSD needs to be trained for.

EDIT: Just to add that if you were able to steer the car on city streets while FSD is active this could lead to driver confusion or dangerous and unforeseen situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Got to love when stuff like this happens, they start the roll out to 12.3.1 then stop the roll out, start roll out to 12.3.2, then stop the roll out, start the roll out to 12.3.2.1 then stop the roll out, now 12.3.3 is on the radar and a lot of us are still stuck on 12.3 baked into 2023.x main branch 😂😂
This is the problems when the CEO makes a "toilet tweet" promise before thinking through the consequences. At least so far no 10.3 drama.

Same thing for me. I use TeslaUSB on a RaspberryPi Zero W, it was working great for 2+ years. then stopped working. I thought maybe the pi was dead, works great on Mac and PC. Tried 4 other USB sticks, they all failed in the car. But, a reboot of the car (steering wheel button hold 30 seconds) makes them all work. For about 10 minutes, then they all fail again. Glad it's not just me.
Yes same here, multiple fix attempts but only occasionally shows as available.