Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funniest Tesla Question Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The question I hear the most is “what if it runs out of battery?” And I always try to explain that the car would never run out.

But the thing that annoys me the most is that there’re people (namely one of my wife’s friend) tend to think Teslas would just burst in flames by itself. Ever since we bought the car, whenever there’s news about a Tesla on fire, she’s forward the story to my wife. Very annoying.
I think I would spend the time to gather a few pages of gas cars on fire and send them to her.

I'm sure that all of you, like me, have received a laundry list of dumb questions about your car.
My typical list is:
Can you drive it in the snow? "It's a 4,000 lb AWD vehicle. What do you think?"
Did you know it can easily catch on fire?
What happens if the starter fails?
What happens if you run out of power?

Today I had a new award winner that takes the cake for me.
I buy 6 pizzas for my guys at work every Thursday. My Aunt works in the office for me. Usually she goes to pick up the pizza but since it was snowing I figured I'd go get it.
Of course she started off with "Oh you can drive it in the snow?'"
When I basically laughed at her about that question she responded with:
"Do Teslas have room in the cabin or the trunk for 6 pizzas?"

I was so stunned by her question that I couldn't come up with a sarcastic response for ten seconds. In the meantime everyone in the office laughed her out of the room. She walked out in tears but I think it was deserved.

Some of you must have some doozies. Please share!

I don't own a tesla but want the awd Y for the Yfe and the awd CT for me.
I have a question but kinda serious though
How does a tesla handle an EMP burst?
Some silly questions I get are (as I talk about them alot) are range, plugging in etc the usual. Easy questions to answer

Next time he asks about that trip, or one like it, ask him how much it cost him in gas/diesel and compare it to your Supercharger sessions.
Yeah, other people had made that argument for me in that thread before I even had a chance. He actually drove to Tampa, FL area around the same time we did, so he knew exactly how much it was costing him in his lifted F-250 with an empty bed and nothing in tow. :rolleyes:

This thread is reminding me of the litany of questions I'd get about my Prius, come to think of it, and a lot of them were questions that would in turn answer the questions in this thread. "How far can you go on a charge? Where do you plug it in? You can drive it in the rain/show? Where's the battery?"

I drafted this document that I plan on framing and placing in my frunk while showing my car at car shows. Suggestions/corrections are welcomed.
FAQ
  1. Emphasize that when charging at home, it is about 15 seconds (or whatever) to plug in/unplug. The rest happens while you are sleeping (or whatever). Also mention that you get in your car every morning with a "full tank" with this minimal effort.
  2. I think the "Detailed answer" section of the "How long does it take to charge?" section can be deleted. Not sure if you will always be there, but if you are, think if this like a PowerPoint presentation - don't put all the details in the slides.
  3. In the "Does this car drive itself?" section, you only cover the AP aspects. I would get into more of the FSD aspects, even the "in the near future" aspects

I'm sure that all of you, like me, have received a laundry list of dumb questions about your car.
My typical list is:
Can you drive it in the snow? "It's a 4,000 lb AWD vehicle. What do you think?"
Did you know it can easily catch on fire?
What happens if the starter fails?
What happens if you run out of power?

Today I had a new award winner that takes the cake for me.
I buy 6 pizzas for my guys at work every Thursday. My Aunt works in the office for me. Usually she goes to pick up the pizza but since it was snowing I figured I'd go get it.
Of course she started off with "Oh you can drive it in the snow?'"
When I basically laughed at her about that question she responded with:
"Do Teslas have room in the cabin or the trunk for 6 pizzas?"

I was so stunned by her question that I couldn't come up with a sarcastic response for ten seconds. In the meantime everyone in the office laughed her out of the room. She walked out in tears but I think it was deserved.

Some of you must have some doozies. Please share!
NEW to this community and Immediately bummed.
I don't understand the joy in bringing people down. I fire employees with bad energy like that. It takes a real man to reach out and acknowledge that you were a "D" and make it right. Consider that a challenge.

NEW to this community and Immediately bummed.
I don't understand the joy in bringing people down. I fire employees with bad energy like that. It takes a real man to reach out and acknowledge that you were a "D" and make it right. Consider that a challenge.

In all fairness, the original poster/writer says that he didn't say anything hurtful himself -- it appears that his office co-workers were hurtful by laughing. Still, it's not very nice and he could reach out to smooth things over.

On the other hand, the question she supposedly asked (can pizzas fit in a Tesla) is quite dumbfounding. My initial reaction to that question might be that the person was intentionally trying to mislead me, is trying to tell a joke, or intends to be hurtful themselves. I would have a difficult time believing that the question is legitimate or that the person asking it had such a fundamental misconception.

So, you think it reasonable that she thought there was no trunk space and also didn't know that there is a passenger seat in front and three seats in back?
It makes sense if she thought he drove an electric Harley.

Like I mentioned, she has parked NEXT TO ME for 4 months since I've owned the car. She has sat in it and looked at it and with a straight face asked if I could fit 6 pizzas ANYWHERE in the car. She mentioned both the cabin and the trunk. She also hates Teslas and was trying to stab me with a "gotcha" question in front of a crowd. Nah, no regrets. Sorry if that makes me a bad person lol.

Last edited: