Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fuse Box in Refreshed Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was trying to install a dash cam in my recently delivered refreshed Model S and it looks like they redesigned the fuse box (likely to accommodate the placement of the HEPA filter system). Unfortunately, the manual still has the old fuse layout in it so I'm not 100% sure what is what. I have to go into my SC tomorrow for something else anyway so I'll ask about this.

Needless to say... the Dash Cam didn't get installed today. :-\

13321069_10102700150289063_1639239131_o.jpg
13313542_10102700150254133_2043250644_o.jpg
13324049_10102700150358923_1894524396_o.jpg

Can someone help me locate the cabin fuse box? The second one in the diagram supplied by obrien28? My power liftgate is not working. I can't call a ranger because I live in New Zealand (imported vehicle, Tesla is not here yet). And pictures on how to access it would be great. Thanks, Marty.

Does anyone know if you install a dash cam and connect it to the fuse box of that voids any part of the warranty?

The reason I ask is because I was at the dealership a few days ago and someone told me that if you mod the tesla logo on the back to the car, it will void your truck from warranty.

Lastly, do you need to connect the dash cam to the fuse box in order for the parking mode to work? That's the mode when the blackvue turns on via motion sensor. I was not sure what the official name is. :)

I was trying to install a dash cam in my recently delivered refreshed Model S and it looks like they redesigned the fuse box (likely to accommodate the placement of the HEPA filter system). Unfortunately, the manual still has the old fuse layout in it so I'm not 100% sure what is what. I have to go into my SC tomorrow for something else anyway so I'll ask about this.

Needless to say... the Dash Cam didn't get installed today. :-\

View attachment 179069 View attachment 179071 View attachment 179070

What are you looking for, if I may ask?

@RamshakleZ If you're installing a dashcam, the microphone area above the rearview mirror has an easily accessible, unused in North America, connector that is perfect for the always on dashcam install. I clipped this from a thread, and this user inserted pins into the connector -- I did something similar to tap into that for my Blackvue and it works perfectly. Sorry to the owner of this picture/post: I didn't note the URL I got it from, but it's on this site somewhere:

12V connector labeled.jpg

@obrien28 Thanks so much for the diagram! I've been looking all over for it, and the online, and in dash manuals don't have a fuse diagram.

In the linked file, it looks like the fuse box is flipped 180 degrees (or printed upside down). At least in my 2016 refresh S, fuse F100 is in the lower right corner as you stand in front of the car. Interestingly, F100 is also what controls the above mentioned microphone area unused connector.

In addition, the in-cabin fuse box you show seems to indicate it's on the passenger side (assuming North American layout with left hand drive). I thought the in-cabin fuse box is on the driver's side (thus left side in NA). Am I wrong?

FWIW I personally tapped into fuse F100 using an add-a fuse designed for Micro2 format fuses (available here: Amazon.com: Lumision FAST SHIPPING* ADD-A-CIRCUIT ATR MICRO2 FUSE-TAP Add ON DUAL CIRCUIT ADAPTER AUTO CAR TERMINAL + FUSE SET 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20 AMPS: Electronics) -- this was to route an always-on 12V socket in my trunk so I could run a cooler if needed.

In order to snap back down the large cover over the fuse box, I did dremel out a small notch from the COVER (I took out a tiny 4 mm wide section of the lip on the cover that mates with the fusebox) so the cover could still snap on as the positive lead snuck out. I did not cut into or mod the fuse box -- I figured the fuse box cover is way way cheaper to replace if really needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
hi guys,
can someone point to how to access the fuse box in AP 2.0 cars and which fuse is for the mic grill spare 12v supply. i am trying to replace the fuse for the spare 12v connector and getting no where..

on the verge of buying the blackvue system and getting it installed but the cost difference is 3x//:(

thanks..

There is a fuse box on the drivers side kick panel (next the the accelerator pedal) - it has five fuses and one open slot in my 2014 P85+.

Follow this video and you will see it once you pull off the kick panel. (video starts a 2:00) once you pull those two trim pieces you will see a small 6 port fuse box with 5 blue 15 AMP mini/atm blade type fuses.

Last edited: