Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage door opener.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not worth $300 to me. I just keep the clicker in the center console.

It's sooooo worth having it, but I recognize people see value differently. I love the geolocation stuff so it counts down to when it will auto-open your garage as you get close. And you can set the number of feet away you want it to open. One of my favorite features. It really makes you feel special when the garage automatically opens for you.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 3.31.14 PM.png

Last edited:
I use a Best Buy $40 HomeKit enabled garage door opener and my iPhone in the car..."hey siri, open/close garage door"...done.
That works if you take your phone out of your pocket. The way it is now (I understand the latest iOS beta has a switch for this now) is that siri doesn't listen if the front face is covered (e.g., in your pocket, like where mine lives) or face-down on a surface, etc.

That works if you take your phone out of your pocket. The way it is now (I understand the latest iOS beta has a switch for this now) is that siri doesn't listen if the front face is covered (e.g., in your pocket, like where mine lives) or face-down on a surface, etc.
Time for an Apple Watch ;)

Actually, I should have probably looked harder into HomeKit enabled garage door openers before I placed my order 2 days ago for the HomeLink module. I could have saved ~$175. I actually have a smart garage door opener, even with up/down identification, but I have to use an app, no Siri.